Javelin ammo increase?

• So yeah what do you guys think?

In my opinion the Javelin (every single type) ammo count is way too low. I’m mainly using Heavy Javelins and I’m more busy running for ammo than I am actually using them.
    Yes they do alot of damage both in melee and range but 4-7 Javs is just…weak.

Do you agree? Should Javelin users be able to carry more of those sneaky little bastards? Or is the ammo limit (4 Heavy Javs, 5 normal Javs, 6 Light Javs) alright?

Btw what I experienced in the Alpha was a limit of 7, 9 and 11 (as far as I remember properly) and no one actually said it was unbalanced or anything. So in all honesty I don’t know why the devs changed it. ;)

Anyway lemme know what you think about the limit and Javs in general. :)

Cheers!

• Javelins better get some love this balance patch.

I only ever go with Short Spear, 6 of them and only a little less damage than the heavy javelin.

I would certainly add at least one more per class but more concerned with doing something to make it more effective in melee.

• I’m quite happy with the melee stats (of the Heavy Javelin^^).

The stab takes some time and aim but I regularely 2 hit Vanguards and hey…what else could I ask for? ;)

• Melee javelin buffs are definitely coming.

Ranged javelins… are a little more complicated. They’re extremely powerful for a class that isn’t supposed to be entirely range focused, and right now the low ammo count is the only drawback to that (disregarding the weakness of their melee). I think with more effective melee, more javelins would make the class competitively overpowered. Possibly more ammo for the weaker javelins on top of a bigger damage disparity - like getting 10 small spears but reducing their damage to about the same as a throwing axe, just for example.

• I know that I am a stupid Alpha fapper but Sly, why did you change the Javelins so heavily since then?

Damage, flying behaviour (they were flying a LOT further than they do now), ammo, …

I never saw anyone complain about them and imo they worked perfectly fine and were well balanced…is there a reason why you still changed everything? ;)

(Also, Javelins should be used most of the time as ranged weapon so you’d better increase the ammo limit. :P )

• @SlyGoat:

Possibly more ammo for the weaker javelins on top of a bigger damage disparity - like getting 10 small spears but reducing their damage to about the same as a throwing axe, just for example.

Don’t you dare !

With the javelins you have to get in close so you often only get to throw one or two. The power of the javelin is what makes it appealing.

For the melee its not necessarily a damage increase I just want to be able to do more than just run forward will little stabbies that are very predictable, or a short range shield bash.

We have all seen the Achilles and Hector fight in Troy.

I would like to be able to swing my spear (maybe in CMW the shield would have to be dropped). Either way they need something to be more dangerous.

• Where is he going to put them? Up his arse?

Then again he is only wearing 1 spear on his back. They should make a bag just for aesthetic reasons.

And many javelineers carried two in their shield hand. Some sheilds were even modified to carry them. But mass skirmishes also had bags on the ground with long straps so they can easily drag them back of they had to fall back behind the heavier infantry. Bit that was in ancient times.

In medieval times javelins were either use on horseback or the roman way of throwing then before they got into combat. This was a tactic of many bandits or militia armies. They would throw several spears as they moved up. They could take out many heavier well trained troops before they got into battle.

But I think the ammo count should be the same for balancing reasons. And its not hard to did an ammo box.

• Short spears are absolutely amazing projectiles, 2 hit kill on everybody with a headshot kills on all but knight, the other 2 javelins aren’t too good with the exception of normal javelins against inferior archers (1 hit torso kills), the longer windup makes them easier to react to and the slower projectile speed further makes them easier to dodge

I wouldn’t mind seeing the normal and heavy javelins ammo count also being upgraded to 6 (I would still prefer short spears) but I don’t think there should be any more than that. Short spears do the same base damage as a warbow but can fire off projectiles are faster than double the rate, so they need severe limitations

• Whenever I play javelin I think two things. One, as you say, the ammo is very low. Two, i enjoy the melee so much, but mostly if i get hit once I’m down. So aside from the possible ammo increase, how about similar armor and health as maa? Obviously no speed buff or dodge though.

• Why not to add extra ammo boxes then?

• They don’t need to give javelins more ammo. Just fix them disappearing nearly every time when you throw them so you can actually get them back to reuse.

• @lemonater47:

Where is he going to put them? Up his arse?

Then again he is only wearing 1 spear on his back. They should make a bag just for aesthetic reasons.

And many javelineers carried two in their shield hand. Some sheilds were even modified to carry them. But mass skirmishes also had bags on the ground with long straps so they can easily drag them back of they had to fall back behind the heavier infantry. Bit that was in ancient times.

In medieval times javelins were either use on horseback or the roman way of throwing then before they got into combat. This was a tactic of many bandits or militia armies. They would throw several spears as they moved up. They could take out many heavier well trained troops before they got into battle.

But I think the ammo count should be the same for balancing reasons. And its not hard to did an ammo box.

Bag on back, two spears in shield hand. I’d want those two. I don’t play as archer, but javelineers would look cooler as they kill me if they had this. So yeah, holding two spears in the shield hand have then have 4-5 spears in a bag on the back would be great visually and make-sense-ually.