I'm not seeing the urge to play… Why?

• Duels are unbalanced.

When I play TDM or what not I feel like I’m not achieving anything anymore…

I got my bow which I wanted, I have no more unlocks to do… I don’t know.

• Perhaps this game isn’t for you.

To get the most out of this game you have to have a strong competitive nature and a strong drive for self-improvement. Both of these combine well in this game, as you can continually improve your game.

Instead of thinking, ‘Duels are unbalanced’ you would be thinking, ‘What is the best way to win this battle’, "How can I improve myself to be better at this’

Achievements don’t have to be tangible like unlocking a weapon. You may have to set your own achievements. Such as, "Getting through a FFA match, top scoring and not dieing once’ Holy crap that is hard, even against a bunch of newer players. Keeping your deaths below 10 in all games you play, having a KDR >4 stuff like that. All these sorts of ‘achievements’ require that you learn the game mechanics in and out. It means you have to learn to deal effectively with feints and defending against overhead look downs.

Then once you have mastered all there is, the game mechanics change due to a big patch and you get to do it all again.

Learning is its own reward.

• @Neozenha:

Duels are unbalanced.

Because matchmaking doesn’t exist. Most people don’t want to take the effort to organize things with other teams themselves (like clans), and thats definitely understandable. I’d much rather be able to call a couple friends and click 1 button and let everything be taken care of for me.

Matchmaking would also open up things to play for, such as a high rating to show off your e-dicks; which in turn could open up cool cosmetic unlockables.

It’s also just much more engaging to face against another team that has some sort of organization.

• @Neozenha:

Duels are unbalanced.

I only use duels to brush up on my one-on-one skills. TDM I can’t stand either, its very pointless since noone is really trying to reduce their deaths - they are just going for kills.

TO is my staple, I like LTS until some archer decides to run around the entire map for 2 minutes.

CTF is fun intermingled but doesn’t come up very often. FFA is fun once in a while.

Really need more TO maps but that will coming.

• @Neozenha:

Duels are unbalanced.

Lack of TO maps. A lot od modern FPS games have over 10 big maps. In C:MW we have 5 so it gets pretty repetitive.

Battlegrouds - sucks
    Citadel - lags

We desperately need more fun TO maps.

• When I play TDM or what not I feel like I’m not achieving anything anymore…

Game isn’t about unlocks or objectives as such, so if you look for such “goals” you won’t find them. This is about combat, plain and simple. I always feel urge for blood and “just one more map” where combat is brutal and engaging.

• Arcade game, luck-based mechanic, not enough skill. That’s why over twenty thousand people dumped it already. The fifteen hundred who are left are the vociferous console crowd who the devs thought would be a bigger demographic.

They thought wrong. Now suck up your failure and kiss any idea of a nice fat profitable sequel bye-bye. ;)

• At least have some KDA rating or something or titles next to your name. I don’t know, add some features. Give some reasoning to keep playing that is the main focal point of keeping players within a game.
    Add some rank games where you have MMR or ratings…

• @Panzerlang:

Arcade game, luck-based mechanic, not enough skill. That’s why over twenty thousand people dumped it already. The fifteen hundred who are left are the vociferous console crowd who the devs thought would be a bigger demographic.

They thought wrong. Now suck up your failure and kiss any idea of a nice fat profitable sequel bye-bye. ;)

I had hoped you had left, 20 years experience my ass, you post like an angry 16 year old.

• @Neozenha:

TO or any other team game is a bunch of morons who swings in groups and team kill each other.

Do you mean to say there are other ways of killing my enemies, other than swinging? Perhaps, some sort of different attack type, like a stabbing or thrusting motion for instance?

• @Neozenha:

Duels are unbalanced.

do you really need a system of utterly pointless unlocks/achievements to keep you interested in playing a game? who really cares about those?
    for me the point in playing is to have fun playing the game, in this case a melee combat game. it’s the melee combat i play for. i have fun out and about killing other players. getting ranks/achievements etc is totally irrelevant to me.
    the game is also not very good for players who like to go shopping in games either. LOL

• At least have some KDA rating or something or titles next to your name. I don’t know, add some features. Give some reasoning to keep playing that is the main focal point of keeping players within a game.

You need some abstract system to give you reason to play other than simply killing people…? This is a kind of a hack & slash game and the main point is to do exactly that. If you expected countless unlocks and achievements you had wrong idea of what this game is really about… Basically playing any game is “pointless” so don’t say that it’s more pointless only because it doesn’t have unlocks or achievements.

• @veganman:

@Neozenha:

Duels are unbalanced.

do you really need a system of utterly pointless unlocks/achievements to keep you interested in playing a game? who really cares about those?
    for me the point in playing is to have fun playing the game, in this case a melee combat game. it’s the melee combat i play for. i have fun out and about killing other players. getting ranks/achievements etc is totally irrelevant to me.
    the game is also not very good for players who like to go shopping in games either. LOL

I agree- play games for the actual gameplay rather than for the sake of progression. If I had my way all games would have everything unlocked from the start.

• I look forward to winding down with a nice relaxing bloodbath every single day.

• @AngryDave:

play games for the actual gameplay rather than for the sake of progression.

There’s an entire industry built around this, sadly. It appeals to the masses, currently. This is the current trend, and I can’t wait until it goes away.

• Maybe you need a break. After playing this game for months straight I got bored and quit it for a few months. After playing more for 5 minutes the other day I realized it felt… I don’t know, new? Sometimes if you play a game so much it loses its appeal for a time until later on you revisit it and can enjoy it again. Give it a month or two.

• It wont go away. It has also been around for a very long time.

Remember Street Fighter 2? You had a roster of fighters, each time you beat the game with a fighter you unlock a new one, until you unlock them all.

Sometimes games had ‘cheat’ codes that unlocked all the characters/items from the beginning. All single player games should have this option.

I think chiv’s weapon unlock is good. It can be done in a reasonable short amount of time and gives newer people something to focus on while they learn the game, so whilst they may not be killing everyone they come across at least they are progressing in some tangible way.

By the time you have unlocked the majority of the weapons your skill level should have progressed to the point where you are starting to learn the deeper mechanics of the game and ‘unlocking’ new skills as your learn these mechanics.