[FINISHED] THE NA 8v8 TO Tournament.

• Let me start off by saying I can vouch for height, and promise you that he is a good person, and that bashing him like this is absolutely disheartening to me, but I digress.

I know all of you feel that your’e in the right, and bashing the tournament and height is the right thing to do. But I promise all of you, that this tournament is the foundation of chivalry and its competitive community, and if you bring it down this fast, it shows how weak we are as a whole. If you guys disagree with the way things are run, finish the tournament, and don’t come back. I beg you to learn an ounce of sportsmanship.

Tbh, I myself can see how weak this community is. One flake has the power to crumble an entire tournament I have been training months for? After this I think its time to hang up my gloves, and chill out away from this game X)

• ……

• Yeah, I’m pretty sure they can see and compare everyone’s IPs.

• Yeep, Track IP to town/city/state….

• I’m not part of the competitive scene, just love Chivalry with all my fiber but I don’t think one person in here is questioning Height as a good person. Regardless of a person’s character if they run a mismanaged, uncoordinated tournament where money is on the line they SHOULD be held accountable. I’m sure you agree.

You can still be an insanely nice guy and make mistakes but just because you’re nice doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be held accountable for those mistakes

• @?Root:

Yeep, Track IP to town/city/state….

Good to know, thx for the response.

• @k9j60:

Let me start off by saying I can vouch for height, and promise you that he is a good person, and that bashing him like this is absolutely disheartening to me, but I digress.

I know all of you feel that your’e in the right, and bashing the tournament and height is the right thing to do. But I promise all of you, that this tournament is the foundation of chivalry and its competitive community, and if you bring it down this fast, it shows how weak we are as a whole. If you guys disagree with the way things are run, finish the tournament, and don’t come back. I beg you to learn an ounce of sportsmanship.

Tbh, I myself can see how weak this community is. One flake has the power to crumble an entire tournament I have been training months for? After this I think its time to hang up my gloves, and chill out away from this game X)

I’m not bashing Height at all. It’s just dumb to me how you can set rules and then when someone breaks them you don’t even enforce it. My opinion does not reflect the community as a whole at all, though.

• @Ho_BoY:

@gregcau:

Oh so it was Bigs speccing the entire match, well thats no surprise.

TBS should just ban his steam account, problem solved.

It was not bigs, I think…, It was parkranger dan. and height saying that “They didn’t know! It’s not their fault!” BULLSHIT height, seriously the server has a fucking password, I wonder who gave it to him…

So your accusing us of KNOWINGLY having parkrangerdan in there to SPEC the game, while there is a big stream going on of the whole match…. so we are going to risk another chance to get DQ’ed with bigs getting banned and us knowing all eyes are on us… really?? You guys had extra people in your TS While we have Screenshots of only the players in the tournament in our TS… how do we know you guys wern’t ghosting the streams with the extra people in your TS?

Also, to use this as an argument as to why you guys lost is just utterly ridiculous…its more than evident that your melee and archers had no chance against ours, and the proof is in the streams… and its teams like yours that cant accept a loss because of your previous reputation… Im not going to stand here and be nice and put sugar on top… these are the facts and if people think im a dick for them then they need to be a little bit less biased and more objective.

VQ, you guys got beat, fair and square. You guys could have had 3 people watching the streams and ghosting all the info as well… and we have proof DAN was not even there at the computer. Even if we were ghosting as you claim (your cheap excuse to get us DQ’ed), how come you guys lost to a huge margin… Ghosting could have easily been done by watching the streams…

EVery cheap excuse is being used to get us DQ’ed because every team knows they are going to have a really HARD time playing us… even without bigs… but arrogance and EGO wont allow them to give credit.

• @?Root:

@Ho_BoY:

@gregcau:

It was not bigs, I think…, It was parkranger dan. and height saying that “They didn’t know! It’s not their fault!” BULLSHIT height, seriously the server has a fucking password, I wonder who gave it to him…

So your accusing us of KNOWINGLY having parkrangerdan in there to SPEC the game, while there is a big stream going on of the whole match…. so we are going to risk another chance to get DQ’ed with bigs getting banned and us knowing all eyes are on us… really??

VQ, you guys got beat, fair and square. You guys could have had 3 people watching the streams and ghosting all the info as well… and we have proof DAN was not even there at the computer. Even if we were ghosting as you claim (your cheap excuse to get us DQ’ed), how come you guys lost to a huge margin… Ghosting could have easily been done by watching the streams…

EVery cheap excuse is being used to get us DQ’ed because every team knows they are going to have a really HARD time playing us… even without bigs… but arrogance and EGO wont allow them to give credit.

Ghosting could not have easily been done by watching the streams.
    I was watching streams when interitus was playing and there was easily a 5-10 second delay of information. this is on both you and the refs. The refs should have kicked Dan from the game. But you guys should have told the refs to kick Dan from the game. The fact that you didn’t shows me personally what you guys will do to win. I don’t trust you guys, and frankly, I never had. That lack of trust was one of the reasons I left faucheur. I really don’t believe that what’s going on from faucheur is fair and punishment is required to keep this fair.

• @Sidewinder:

I have a question about these tournaments in general. Is there a verification process to make sure that the people who are playing are who their username suggests?

For instance can a banned player use another person’s steam account to play on their profile and participate in the tournament without anyone knowing?

I know that I can play my steam games on multiple computers all I have to do is sign into my account on another computer and install whatever games I want on that computer. Could that happen in the tournament scene or is there a way to prevent this from happening?

That is another potential issue, during the tournament certain individuals expressed their concerns that bigs could be playing under the account of somebody else. I have no idea about the veracity of these claims, and don’t want to start any more of the drama that has completely screwed over this tournament, but I would hope that steps have been taken to prevent this, whether ip’s are checked or however else it can be determined.

• To be honest you cannot really hate on HeightOfAbsurdity for what happened, nobody rised to the occasion to take control and organize a tournament. He tried his best with what little he had to work with, and besides Chivalry Medieval Warfare has only been around for a short duration of time compared to other competitive games EX: CS,Sc1,Sc2,CoD, All those games has been around for a huge amount of time to build up a substantial amount of players. This is the point where WE as a community has to pull through and make due with what we have, many clans are hating on Faucher right now and I completely understand that. Not only do they have a hacking archer that WAS ejected from the tournament they had a spectator the whole match which is very unfair towards Vq. And I heard rumors of Bigs secretly playing in the tournament? Not to mention the fact that the matchup was poorly refereed. In my opinion Faucher as a whole should have been Dqed from the tournament, I knew something like this would happen knowing Faucher. But that is not the key point of what I’m trying to say here this is the beginning of competitive Chivalry. I know a lot has fucked up during the tournament but shit happens, and we have to learn how to deal with it and move on. And I truly believe in my heart that if we try our hardest and come together as a whole. WE can make Chivalry the way we want it too.

• @?Root:

@Ho_BoY:

@gregcau:

So your accusing us of KNOWINGLY having parkrangerdan in there to SPEC the game, while there is a big stream going on of the whole match…. so we are going to risk another chance to get DQ’ed with bigs getting banned and us knowing all eyes are on us… really??

It doesn’t matter if vq. got beat, fair and square or not. You guys broke the rules and there’s proof.

• @?Root:

@Ho_BoY:

@gregcau:

You gave out the server info to your players you know who has this info. Why would you give out the info to more than 8? Explain that? You guys endorse a proven aim botter, and say you love him in your names for a tournament he has been banned from. Now you expect to believe that you wouldn’t use a spec to try to ghost? Laughable.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what the goal of having the spectator was. You broke the rules of the tournament.

• I just hope venom and Del’s team are given some kind of “we’re so fucking sorry for making you wait 3 hours without any communication on the day that you requested off from work,” gift or something.

• @Meow:

Ghosting could not have easily been done by watching the streams.
    I was watching streams when interitus was playing and there was easily a 5-10 second delay of information. this is on both you and the refs. The refs should have kicked Dan from the game. But you guys should have told the refs to kick Dan from the game. The fact that you didn’t shows me personally what you guys will do to win. I don’t trust you guys, and frankly, I never had. That lack of trust was one of the reasons I left faucheur. I really don’t believe that what’s going on from faucheur is fair and punishment is required to keep this fair.

You left because of personal reasons…. you left because you had a personal tie with someone at INT… your a terrible person to use this to your advantage again to make F look bad… And since your being so cynical at the moment… you clearly left because you wanted to get close with moose… and i have screens of you saying thats the reasons… and not because you didnt like us… So stop creating more drama.

• Not to confuse the issue, but it was brought up that the streams could be used to ghost. Is it correct that there was only a 10-15 second delay? Coming from League of Legends, I had assumed that the streams would be time delayed by a few minutes so that ghosting would not be an issue. Are they not?

• @Sidewinder:

I just hope venom and Del’s team are given some kind of “we’re so fucking sorry for making you wait 3 hours without any communication on the day that you requested off from work,” gift or something.

Nope, impossible.

• Also, Check the IP address of all the players of the tournament… and link to their city/state… simple as that.

LOL either way, i bet it will just come down to some ridiculous allegation of us hacking or cheating even if we clearly beat every single team which we will and which they all know will happen….and this is the ONLY reason this is happening… because there is money involved and they dont want to lose it…

• I’m rather a retard when it comes to certain terminology. Is “ghosting” the act of providing surveillance information to teammates? Calling out their positions and team composition while in spectator mode?

• @Sidewinder:

I’m rather a retard when it comes to certain terminology. Is “ghosting” the act of providing surveillance information to teammates? Calling out their positions and team composition while in spectator mode?

Correct.