What keybinds do you guys use?

• I’m curious because I can’t find a decent spot for things like kick, alt attack, duck.

I tried alt attack set to pressing down the middle mouse button and while it does allow me to initiate alt attacks somewhat easily, I also get accidental alt attacks (sometimes they allow me a free hit hehe) when I don’t even press the middle mouse button… even when I do a slash.

• Alternate slash - MMB
    One-button dodge - E
    Use - V

Everything else is the default setup.

• I only have one keybind that differs from the vanilla keys. That’s alt attacks, I’ve binded it to ‘E’ while doing an attack. I mostly use it for slashes, and since alt-slashes come from the left and it’s easier to move to the left than the right while pressing ‘E’ (since that finger usually rests on ‘D’), there’s not really any hinderance to movement there. You are moving up to the left while doing an alt-slash anyways.

• I think my keyboard binds are default. My G9 mouse has two extra thumb buttons on the side, which I have bound to 1) select tertiary weapon (smokebombs, in my case), and 2) alternate slash attack.
    I use my mouse3 (scroll wheel click) to select primary weapon. This might seem like a waste, but I am often throwing smoke bombs while running forward and jumping around to get at an archer. Can’t afford to waste fingers on my left hand to pull up my primary.

• Got two extra buttons on my mouse which is perfect for the alternate attacks. I also changed the arrowcam to C because middlemouse is annoying to press down. and my warcryäs somewhere else because it’s annoying to hit it while dodging as an MAA.

• I bind W for alt-attack.

R for jump

Spacebar for crouch and one-button dodge

Eventually I will get a real gaming mouse and switch to using buttons on it.

• I have two extra mouse buttons that I use for alt-slash and dodge. Alt overhead is Q which is a little wonky.

• Mouse2 overhead, middle mouse button block, scroll wheel down parry/feint

• @SlyGoat:

Mouse2 overhead, middle mouse button block, scroll wheel down parry/feint

Somebody cannot let AoCs control scheme go :P

• ESDF > WASD

Y’all are going to give me shit for this, and I don’t understand how I’m able to do it well enough. But my block button is G. But that’s because my RMB is alt swing.

2 Thumb buttons - Lower thumb button for OBD, and upper for alt overhead. If I ever need to, I can press both at the same time.

A for kick

T for Sprint

V for Use.

Seriously though. Switch from WASD to ESDF, it frees up a lot of buttons.

• My ultimate keybind setup that´ll get you tons of kills:

Movement keys: W, S, A, D
    Crouch: C (a really deep habit back from the Call of Duty times)
    Jump: Spacebar
    Use: F
    Reload: R
    Cancel attack / Feint: E
    Kick / Shield bash: Q
    Sprint: Shift
    Personal messages: X
    Tactical messages: V (a really deep habit back from the Call of Duty times)
    Switch to primary: 1
    Switch to secondary: 2
    Switch to teciary: 3
    Battlecry: 4
    Fists: 5

Possibly the best mouse button setup:

Left slash: Left mouse button
    Right slash: Mouse button 7
    Stab: Thumb mouse button
    Overhead: Middle mouse button
    Alternate overhead: Wheel up
    Parry: Right mouse button
    One-button dodge: Thumb mouse button 2
    Toggle perspective: Wheel down

What my drivers mark as mouse button 7 is the small orange button next to the wheel. Took long time to get used to it but now it works beautifully!

This mouse setup gives you a complete control of everything! All swings on one hand, no need for alt. I highly recommend getting this mouse or a similar one. Plus, If you like playing as an archer with low sensitivity on the bow but high on melee like me, you can toggle between them easily by pressing the DPI-setting-button

Beat this, bitches!

• Default.

• @lemonater47:

Default.

Same as this expect I’ve re-bound LMB to use alt slash instead of normal slash, because I like to play dirty.

• @SlyGoat:

Mouse2 overhead, middle mouse button block, scroll wheel down parry/feint

Ey, I have just the same! AoC Keybinds fuck yeah!! I have to add (to this config):

3 key: Primary weapon
    2 key: Tertiary weapon
    1 key: Secondary weapon
    Lateral mouse button 1: Alt slash (i try to put it on LMB but i couldn’t throw my dear axes…)
    Lateral mouse button 2: Alt ovehead
    Alt: Maa dodge
    Q: Change view (i don’t use it very much because Necios server has 1st person only)
    P: Microphone.

The other keybinds are on default.

• A for alt swing, and numpad 1 on my naga hex for dodging.

• I have feint bound to RMB, same as parry. Could never get used to keybutton for it.

I suppose I could map alt attack to Q (or E, then map ‘use’ to I which is what it used to be when I started playing)

• Y’all are going to give me shit for this, and I don’t understand how I’m able to do it well enough. But my block button is G. But that’s because my RMB is alt swing.

I used to do this too but when I learned to feint parry I realised to do it effectively I needed to have one on my keyboard and the other on my mouse so I could feint-parry in time, so I changed it back to RMB.

So how do you feint parry then? Double tap G?

• I bound everything to suicide so now when I try to do anything, I explode.

• @Bloodhead:

Y’all are going to give me shit for this, and I don’t understand how I’m able to do it well enough. But my block button is G. But that’s because my RMB is alt swing.

I used to do this too but when I learned to feint parry I realised to do it effectively I needed to have one on my keyboard and the other on my mouse so I could feint-parry in time, so I changed it back to RMB.

So how do you feint parry then? Double tap G?

Yes. Don’t ask me how I can possibly do it.

• Everything default except:

Alt = dodge
    A = both strafe left and alt-attack modifier