The Man at Arms class. I'm getting real tired of your shit.

• Hello lads,

I’m a newbie here on the forum and in the game.

Since I started playing I feel the man at arms class has to be the most overpowered one. I feel like all they do is spamm melee swings at you from close distance. Tell me I’m not the only one on here, who finds this class highly disturbing and boring!

Other than that, I love this game! Even though I’m getting owned with great consistency!

• Beta has an anti-face hugging force field which prevents the MAA from hitting you because their weapons are too short.

Just kidding, but face-hugging is nicely reduced in the Beta.

• @Platokrates’:

Hello lads,

Since I started playing I feel the man at arms class has to be the most overpowered one. I feel like all they do is spamm melee swings at you from close distance. Tell me I’m not the only one on here, who finds this class highly disturbing and boring!

Other than that, I love this game! Even though I’m getting owned with great consistency!

Hi there and welcome! I direct you to the Beta Feedback forum, where you will see upcoming changes to the MAA as well as a plethora of other changes.

viewforum.php?f=89

• Thank you! Does this mean, I’m not the only one with concerns?

Are patches updated automatically? Or will we have to buy the new (better) beta game?!

• The Beta is free and it is just for testing upcoming changes, before they’re implemented into live. :)

• @Platokrates’:

Hello lads,

Once you get better, you’ll realize how wrong you are.

You aren’t the only one that thinks that though, but those people are still blinded by their emotions to make accurate assessments.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Platokrates’:

Hello lads,

You aren’t the only one that thinks that though, but those people are still blinded by their emotions to make accurate assessments.

No, I’m blinded by being (for now) a noob!

@BobT36:

The Beta is free and it is just for testing upcoming changes, before they’re implemented into live. :)

Excellent.

• @Platokrates’:

I can train you. I have the technology. I just don’t want to spend a lot of money.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Platokrates’:

Hello lads,

I am better and still tired of their shit…… Along with archer melee… :jrazz:

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Platokrates’:

I can train you. I have the technology. I just don’t want to spend a lot of money.

That’s what she said!

@Retsnom:

@NoVaLombardia:

@Platokrates’:

Hello lads,

Finally, someone who understands my annoyance!

• @Platokrates’:

Its hard to block their attacks in live. Basically you have to turn 90 degrees to do a successful block.

The best defense against non-pro MAA is to not let them close, turn and run, do a 180 and swing into him chasing you.

• @Retsnom:

@NoVa:

@NoVa:

but those people are still blinded by their emotions to make accurate assessments.

• @gregcau:

@Platokrates’:

Its hard to block their attacks in live. Basically you have to turn 90 degrees to do a successful block.

The best defense against non-pro MAA is to not let them close, turn and run, do a 180 and swing into him chasing you.

Or you could also what you suggested, and turn 90 degrees to block a horizontal; its much easier to do, lol.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Or you could also what you suggested, and turn 90 degrees to block a horizontal; its much easier to do, lol.

But they are such fast little slashers I hate dealing with them. At least in Beta they can’t dodge out and back in a flash.

Still after Beta I can’t help thinking they need a little buff.

• @gregcau:

Still after Beta I can’t help thinking they need a little buff.

Just a little…. lol

• You shouldn’t be letting the MAA get in close anyway. Sounds like you use knight or vanguard and thus have a long range weapon. Keep them at range, if they start dodging in and out, intentionally miss your first strike and combo into a second for when they ‘dodge’ back in…

If they get too close, kick them. You may have to trade a bit of damage for that. Alternatively switch to your faster, shorter range secondary attack and face hug them. They are squishy, you only have to land 1-3 hits. Hit trade if you must, you can always regenerate afterwards.

• @Toll:

If they get too close, kick them. You may have to trade a bit of damage for that.

Kicking is not really viable in live, its too slow and they will flinch you before you can do a kick.

• @Platokrates’:

Since I started playing I feel the man at arms class has to be the most overpowered one.

Just wait till you have to fight a Knight that delays swings, intentionally misses, combos, spins, kites, feints if they’re mean etc etc. MAA recycle their technique, in out in out in out, with a high level Knight each fight can be interestingly different. ;)

• Well, I’m being overwhelmed with tips here! Thanks a lot guys. It’s being appreciated! :D

You seem to be a great community!

• @Platokrates’:

You seem to be a great community!

Haha, just stick around a bit longer and you’ll find plenty of assholes who like to ruin the game for everyone. That being said, the people who aren’t assholes are generally pretty cool around here.