Major Problems with Launching the Game

• After searching the internet for nearly a week now, I decided to create an account on the official forums and giving you guys the best description of my problem that I possibly can.

I purchased Chivalry:Medieval Warfare when it was 66% off on Steam last weekend, and promptly installed it. When I try to start the game, a blank box will appear, titled “Launching Chivalry: Medieval Warfare”, my steam status is set to in game for Chivalry, then it disappears without any error message, and I go back to being online. It will either disappear like that, or freeze up my steam if I try again after that.

My system specs are
    Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6600 @ 3.06 GHz 3.07 GHz
    2.00 GB of RAM
    64 bit operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium)
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

I have already reinstalled the game, verified my game cache (No problems indicated), tried starting it from UDK.exe (The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.), gone through and reinstalled DirectX, and the vcredist packages that were found in the folder. None of these solutions has worked so far.

The folders found in my common/chivalrymedievalwarfare folder are: (in order)

_CommonRedist
    Binaries
    Engine
    UDKGame

The folders found in the Binaries folder are: (in order)

RedistChiv
    Win32

In _CommonRedist, are the DirectX and vcredist packages.

RedistChiv holds one folder, AMD, which supposedly holds drivers for AMD CPUs running on Windows XP, according to the readme.

If you guys need me to list anything else, just tell me. I’de really like to play this game.

• Hello there. Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

Try this:

Right click on the UDK.exe file and press Run as Administrator. If that doesn’t work, right click on the UDK.exe, go to properties go to compatibility and set compatibility to Windows XP S3.

Tell me how that works out for you. :)

• Now it seems to be working fine! Thank you, I’ve been trying to start this game for a while now.

• By the power of Lord Malric, I now grant yee thee power to swing thy sword upon the battlefield.

Enjoy. Have a good time. :D