Server Bans and unbanning.

• Ok I know that the game does a kick and a ban. Kick is default, 5 mins, I have changed that to an hour. The ban is permanent. I also know that the perma-ban list is located in the PCSERVER-UDKGame.ini under [Engine.AccessControl] and that bans look like this:
    IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=77037253,B=17825793)) The bold being the Steam ID

My question are;
    Is there a location for steam IDs from a kick?
    Can UDK ban IP addresses and where is that list located?

I also noticed that when someone is kicked they get a message that says their IP address is banned from this session. So what gives with that?

• A and B combined is the Steam ID.
    I believe the Steam ID is a 64-bit number so I’m assuming A and B are the two 32-bit halves of it. I could be wrong though.

I don’t think you can ban by IP address, only by steam ID.

• Yep, only Steam ID’s.

• @b3h47pte:

A and B combined is the Steam ID.
    I believe the Steam ID is a 64-bit number so I’m assuming A and B are the two 32-bit halves of it. I could be wrong though.

I don’t think you can ban by IP address, only by steam ID.

The B side is always the same no matter what the A number is. The A is just the steam ID number after the 0:

Is there anyway to remove a Steam ID from a KICK? This is important because I have the KICK time set to an hour. Sometimes a clan member will KICK the wrong player.

• Another thing I am having an issue with is that I am getting reports of people that are banned but their ID is not showing up under the ban list. Is there any other location that Steam IDs are posted for banning? Is there a chance that the file is corrupted and not showing these Steam IDs? I need to know if there is a fix for this as several people were accidentally banned and I cannot get them unbanned.

• have you seen this post?
    viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8685

• @Hilarious_Ransoms:

have you seen this post?
    viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8685

Thanks for the info. Read through it…. GOD WHAT ANOTHER CLUSTER FUCK WAY TO DEAL WITH ADMINISTRATION… Really? that is the solution? Just another layer of BS that should be a simple fix like simply having UDK add the name of the player as well as already converting the ban to Steam ID…