Rank Glitch.

• So I was playing Chivalry today, minding my own business. I am a new guy to the game so my rank was 5.

Then suddenly I kill some random lad and I become rank 32! I have stayed this rank ever since. Anybody familiar with this bug and any idea to change it back. I don’t want to be seen as a high rank tit who sucks at the game.

Cheers.

• That’s ok, there’s plenty of people at rank 32 that suck hard.

On a serious note, how long has it been since the miracle? Also, you’ve obviously tried restarting the game/steam?

• It happened today. And no, I haven’t restarted Steam yet, I should do that. Thanks for the tip. :D

• This is a common little bug that always fixes itself. It also happens in reverse. Often changing servers will fix it.

• Thanks for the feedback, lads!

• So I logged off Steam today, switched between a lot of servers and it’s still the same. Anybody an Idea how I might be able to change it back manually?

• @Platokrates’:

So I logged off Steam today, switched between a lot of servers and it’s still the same. Anybody an Idea how I might be able to change it back manually?

I have seen another user on this forum have a similar issue and the suggestion was to completely close the Steam program (as in end the process from Task Manager). If you haven’t done that and you only signed off then maybe that might work.

• @ChuckingIt:

This is a common little bug that always fixes itself. It also happens in reverse. Often changing servers will fix it.

Unfortunately it does not always fix itself. It’s a very difficult problem to diagnose, too. :(

• I hope I go on a server one day and I’m suddenly rank 50 :D
    currently rank 44

• For a nub like me becoming rank 32 is rather a curse than a blessing.

• The Ranks really don’t do anything but exist at the moment.

There’s Rank 44 people who fail royally at this game as well as Rank 18 people who just ruin your evening by being too good. ;)

So don’t ya get stressed buddy. 8-)

• All right, thanks for the feedback lads!

• Just had this happen to me as well.
    I just joined a random server and got a kill. Then all of a sudden I got a whole bunch of Steam achievements and a message saying I ranked up from 7 to 38. It also unlocked every axe weapon for the Knight for me as if it counted as me getting hundreds of kills with one attack.

I really wish this could be rolled back. I liked making progress on my own. :(

Is there a possibility it could be the server that did this? I still have the name of it saved.