Serious balance Issue with Spears/javelins.

• OK here it is…
    When playing as spear-man the game is hard enough without this foolish glitch or unintentional bug or whatever it is**
    _
    When you throw a spear or javelin it takes like a second to throw another or stab or an attack of any kind. (Much longer than with any other weapon (Except bows and xbows)
    Also your shield takes just as long to come up and protect, meaning your completely defenceless for at least an entire second mabe 1.5_

(The bug (or whatever you wanna call it) is fantasticly easy to repeat go try it and see)

Now people are starting to catch on to this now and this is whats happening

“Any melee class” –-> Sees spear/javelin man. “any melee class” —> waits for spearman to throw spear and miss (or throw and hit given takes 2 good hits to kill) and then jumps on spearman
    There is nothing a spearman can do and I do mean NOTHING hes dead end of story wait for respawn 0.0**
    _
    Now i dont mind dieing but I would at least like a chance to defend myself and you cant cos your shield takes so flippin long to come up and the spearman is so weak any class can kill him in 2 hits, some in 1 hit…_

Now you might say that this is negligible at best but its really not. think about it**

A spearman can not kill ANY class in 1 hit not even a bow man so the above bug is relevant to all class’s
    You could say well your a ranged class you can sit miles away and just pick people off.**

I wish that was true but anyone whos played range class will tell you its DIFFICULT to play ranged in this game to say the least… also spearmen have extremely limited ammo…

Please devs just take a look in to this is driving me nuts now the spearman class was so fun to play till people started realising the above method for killing them and now its just horrible

If I had a dollar for everytime It has happened to me I would have enough to buy your company and MAKE you fix it lol.

Funy thing is If I could just raise my shield After I have attacked Just as fast as every other class can (Or as fast as spear men can when using secondary weapon) then this Horrible balance issue wouldent even Exist
    Thankyou for reading this and I appologise for my spelling

Ajdeathgiver.**

• I think you’re talking about the reload time after throwing a javelin.

Also playing around with bold, underline and the text size makes your posts incredibly annoying to read.

• Mabe that is what im talking about im not sure

If it is tho it deffinetly shouldent stop you using your shield.

• Throwing a javelin is meant to be a risk. Leaving you vulnerable for a second or so after throwing stops people from being able to just hurl spears at close range with zero consequences.

• @David:

Throwing a javelin is meant to be a risk. Leaving you vulnerable for a second or so after throwing stops people from being able to just hurl spears at close range with zero consequences.

Thats a retarded answer…

Swinging your sword is a risk but you can still raise your shield straight after…

• You’re a retarded answer.

Swords don’t have the advantage of range and being able to kill 3/4 classes in one hit.

• I’m going to have to side with the OP on this one.

You throw a spear. You still have your fucking shield. You should be able to put it up FFS! Just halt the reload when you put your shield up so you can’t reload while blocking.

• If this annoys you to the point of making the most obnoxiously formatted thread I’ve ever seen you could just use the Short Spear. Its reload time is super quick.

Although it would be nice if you could interrupt reload to block.
    Let’s say hitting RMB while reloading causes you to start blocking without a javelin in your hand and resets the reload time, so you still have to put down your shield for the full reload animation eventually, but can buy yourself time until you find a chance to pull out another javelin.

• @Dibbz:

If this annoys you that much you could always use the Short Spear. Its reload time is super quick.

Yeah this.

If someone is closing in you have two choices, switch to secondary or you can wait until the last millisecond to throw the spear in his head. If you miss then yeah you are blocked out from another action for a period of time.

• You are supposed throw a javelin when you’re away from enemy - before they’ll be able to close the distance you should be able to reload. I use short spear and unless I take a serious risk (like enemy being four feets away) I don’t have much problem with this.

Problem might be for the first and the last javelin type though. The first one has medium range, the last one has the shortest and is the slowest to reload. If you miss with it you’re in a very bad situation. Perhaps there should be an option to block even without reloading your javelin.

• I put 160hours into the javelin and to be honest this is just the way it is. The reload time used to be even longer then it is now. You just have to adapt to this.

Here is one solution (assuming the target is a bit too close for comfort):
    You can pretend that you’re going to throw. Your target will come running in. You cancel your throw at the last moment, sprint towards your target and shield bash your target in the face before he is in his release phase.
    Risky, but easy.
    (Only risky because you generally can’t afford to hit trade)
    If that is too risky for the given situation then add a shield block and then a shield bash (the one that does damage is faster then the shield “stun”).

• Play against 27 and you will see how bad javelins are.

• @Skyneth:

Play against 27 and you will see how bad javelins are.

Only having a few hours practice with javelins, I went on a 32p FFA server with the short spear and got something like 25 kills and 15 deaths. Some of them were point-blank luck shots that saved my life, while most of them were me being a vulture stealing other people’s almost dead enemies from slightly afar :lol: oh and then killing them too ^^

• @Event:

Only having a few hours practice with javelins, I went on a 32p FFA server with the short spear and got something like 25 kills and 15 deaths. Some of them were point-blank luck shots that saved my life, while most of them were me being a vulture stealing other people’s almost dead enemies from slightly afar :lol: oh and then killing them too ^^

I meant 27, the player, not number of enemies, I think you misunderstood me, he’s the best javelin guy I’ve ever seen and for sure a pain to play against.

• @Skyneth:

@Event:

I meant 27, the player, not number of enemies, I think you misunderstood me, he’s the best javelin guy I’ve ever seen and for sure a pain to play against.

Never heard of him. Vq.| Los is the best javelineer I know

• Any javelin player who can pull his own weight needs to be excellent at melee with the javelin otherwise he’ll lose more often then not to the player that can.

• I think the javelin range should be a bit longer in melee. But that would mean a change in animation and/or a change in grip.

Other than that I find them fine. To be able to attack part way through the reloading animation would be a good idea too.

• No I’ve done experiments with AFK players in duels and in friendly FFA Duels and the tier 1 and 3 stabs are definitely a few inches short you can see the spear tip pass into the target’s head a couple of inches and no hit registers. Also because the windup phase is long and the first part of the release phase is so short the weapon is awkward.

• funiest answer is heard was

“just use the short spear it reloads way faster”

LMAO!

I see so if the medium and long are broken just use the small and dont ask the devs for it to be fixed?

Nice answer… DELETE THE GAME, Infact delete all your games and take up embroidery or something

Retards.

Most intelligent answers…

“RMB should cancel reload and bring up shield straight away but still have to lower shield to reload”

That would most deffinetly be acceptable good answer guys.

• So apparently I am simultaneously a funny retard and the most intelligent?

Good to know.

Although I think you might want to try reading more responses than just mine… And you also might want to stop being the most obnoxious person currently on these forums.