Friday Update: What we're up to! May 31, 2013

• Hi everyone, welcome to our Friday Update and the last day of May!

While we have been working a lot this week, there’s really not a whole lot to say in terms of updates, but this is what I’ve got!

The balance and mechanics update on the beta patch is going well. We’ve been getting a lot of good feedback from the community and we want you to know that we DO listen! We have started up a Balance Testing Council, which will have representatives from both the NA and EU scene to help us go over everything related to the balance and mechanics of the game.

In regards to the next beta update, we’ll have it out for you on Monday. With the new council, we wanted to get as much out of it as possible, so we weren’t able to get a release out today.

Customization will be coming soon! It’s looking really good so far! You will be able to customize your background pattern, colours (within team range) and emblems + helmets.

After the current beta is all done and released, we’ll be focusing on bringing the SDK + tools out to you. Thus, it will be released in the beta for you to test out after the balance and mechanics are all taken care of. Again, it will be released in the beta first and foremost. It’s happening guys! :)

See you next week!

• Looking forward to the new helmets. I’m always a sucker for more customisation options in a game.

• @David:

Looking forward to the new helmets. I’m always a sucker for more customisation options in a game.

Where did you get that leaked DLC screenshot?

• Is it sad that I’m super excited about added customization options? Seriously, I love that shit. I’m gonna go rub one out now.

• Keep the weekly updates coming :D Customization? YESSS! Mason knight’s voice

• @Kimiko:

We have started up a Balance Testing Council

[image:2za9234y]http://i41.tinypic.com/jf7lte.png[/image:2za9234y]

Edit: Updated with the real council.

• I’m on a council? Usually I get counsel. :?
    I will try not to fry people with dark lightning.

Sure … BB gets the purple lightsaber. :x

• Customization sounds AWESOME! Would also be cool to see a voice set option to go along with it, I’d love to give a knight with MaA taunts and laughs.

• To be honest, having a single person represent a class is a bit silly. Think about all the feedback you could get if you pulled multiple maa, archers , etc. Kinda cuts others out of the picture as far as input.

• @Goregasm:

Customization sounds AWESOME! Would also be cool to see a voice set option to go along with it, I’d love to give a knight with MaA taunts and laughs.

I’d like to be able to record my own voiceovers.

• @gregcau:

@Kimiko:

[image:3flyryb4]http://i41.tinypic.com/2dippc6.png[/image:3flyryb4]

Why am I some random egg shaped alien jedi? :(

At least I get a blue lightsaber. Blue > everything else.

• @gregcau:

[image:1gcpqums]http://i41.tinypic.com/2dippc6.png[/image:1gcpqums]

Hahaha, just great!

• @David:

Looking forward to the new helmets. I’m always a sucker for more customisation options in a game.

LOL omg, I love this image xD

@Sidewinder:

Is it sad that I’m super excited about added customization options? Seriously, I love that shit. I’m gonna go rub one out now.

Lol wow, that’s… lovely xD

@BroodReaver:

Keep the weekly updates coming :D Customization? YESSS! Mason knight’s voice

Of course! :)

@Goregasm:

Customization sounds AWESOME! Would also be cool to see a voice set option to go along with it, I’d love to give a knight with MaA taunts and laughs.

Haha yeah, that’s not something to happen quite yet xD

• @David:

Same here, I love customization, also glad with all the new stuff, patch, weekly update, listen to the community… keep the good work guys you are on the right way.

• @gregcau:

@Kimiko:

[image:1wrw9cr2]http://i41.tinypic.com/jf7lte.png[/image:1wrw9cr2]

Looked better with the original.
    Looked more accurate. :D

• @Phlint95:

To be honest, having a single person represent a class is a bit silly. Think about all the feedback you could get if you pulled multiple maa, archers , etc. Kinda cuts others out of the picture as far as input.

I agree. This was just for the first meeting via Steam to see how it would go. If this proves to be a successful way of doing things, we’ll look towards expanding it.

• @Meow:

@gregcau:

@Kimiko:

[image:2bvl5u67]http://i41.tinypic.com/jf7lte.png[/image:2bvl5u67]

Looked better with the original.
    Looked more accurate. :D

Well of course it did. I was in there ;).

• How do I join this council? I am the official maul representative, after all.

• Customization is always a plus. Will there be plans in the future for a left or right handed option? I think it would be interesting to see some shields being held in the right hand and weapons from the left.

• O God, The Light Maul.

Not as clumsy or random as a bow. More skill than simple sight was required for its use. An elegant weapon. It was a symbol as well. Anyone can use a Claymore or a Norse sword—but to use a Lightmaul well was a mark of someone a bash above the ordinary.