Maul

• The maul needs to one hit knights with head shots.

• My dick does that.

• @Del:

My dick does that.

Best and mowst constructive answer of all times.

No actually not.

And Maul doing 1 blows to knights aswell? Naaaaaah. They’re knights for a reason.

• @TheUndying:

No actually not.

Really? I actually thought it was pretty deep.

• @doomydoom:

The maul needs to one hit knights with head shots.

I agree, maybe. Depends how much it affects other classes as well though.

• @TheUndying:

@Del:

My dick does that.

Best and mowst constructive answer of all times.

No actually not.

And Maul doing 1 blows to knights aswell? Naaaaaah. They’re knights for a reason.

The Maul is the Maul for a reason. It is for mushing heads and right now there exists a head that can’t be completely mushed in one blow. Maul is underpowered.

• It was discussed today with the devs. They agreed to up it’s overhead damage so that knight dies with one overhead headshot and a kick.

• @XaleUdo:

It was discussed today with the devs. They agreed to up it’s overhead damage so that knight dies with one overhead headshot and a kick.

Source?

• I would gladly trade a bit of speed for power. Mauls are supposed to be power power power and right now, they don’t have enough power. I think more power would be great for mauls considering the lack of power. 2 hits to kill a knight? I say make it 1 shot everything always forever.

Also, buff sling to shoot mauls as the third ammo choice.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Also, buff sling to shoot mauls as the third ammo choice.

I expect to see a Slaughervomit mod from the SDK of epic proportions.

• @-Thylacine-:

@XaleUdo:

It was discussed today with the devs. They agreed to up it’s overhead damage so that knight dies with one overhead headshot and a kick.

Source?

I can confirm this.

Tibbs and I actually both want it to one shot Knights to the head, but that isn’t possible without it one shotting MaAs to the body. Maul’s supposed to be the head exploding weapon, not the body exploding weapon.

• Wait… zweihander can oneshot maas to the body but maul cant? what is this ? :)

• @CRUSHED:

Wait… zweihander can oneshot maas to the body but maul cant? what is this ? :)

Zwei doesnt 1 shot maa to the body according to the damage value sheet.

• @CRUSHED:

Wait… zweihander can oneshot maas to the body but maul cant? what is this ? :)

Zwei can’t 1shot MaA to the body. No melee weapon can in the current live build.

@sly: I don’t see what is wrong with the Maul one shotting a MaA to the body. The Maul has the second slowest windup in the game, is very short for a 2h, only available to the slowest class and every weapon 2 shots MaA…so I don’t really see a problem. I’d bet most Knights would still switch to a Broadsword to fight a MaA, even if the Maul would 1 shot kill to the torso. Hell we had multiple patches with Mauls 1body shotting MaA, I don’t think any MaA EVER complained about the Maul being too strong. Seriously hitting a skilled MaA with the Maul is a fucking miracle.

• lol i tought zweihander oneshotted maa to the torso/body, guess i was wrong then

• Basically the maul is meant to be feared by knights, not men-at-arms. That’s why it’s so slow to begin with. I do think it should one shot knights to the head even if it has to one shot MaAs to the body to accomplish this, because it’s so difficult to even hit a MaA to begin with. But Tibbs does not feel the same :P

• @SlyGoat:

Basically the maul is meant to be feared by knights, not men-at-arms. That’s why it’s so slow to begin with. I do think it should one shot knights to the head even if it has to one shot MaAs to the body to accomplish this, because it’s so difficult to even hit a MaA to begin with. But Tibbs does not feel the same :P

Does Tibbs even use the maul? I say we call the balance council for this one. The maul should be feared by everyone.

• @SlyGoat:

Basically the maul is meant to be feared by knights, not men-at-arms. That’s why it’s so slow to begin with. I do think it should one shot knights to the head even if it has to one shot MaAs to the body to accomplish this, because it’s so difficult to even hit a MaA to begin with. But Tibbs does not feel the same :P

Get Tibbs and any competitive MaA on a duel server and tell Tibbs he has to stay on that server until he hits the MaA with an overhead. Should take him about 2 days (until the MaA falls asleep :D)

But seriously, the Maul is not feared by anyone. I’m a Vg and this is the only melee non charge attack weapon that 1shots me, and everytime I see a Maul I think: yay free kill :D

• @SlyGoat:

I can confirm this.

Tibbs and I actually both want it to one shot Knights to the head, but that isn’t possible without it one shotting MaAs to the body. Maul’s supposed to be the head exploding weapon, not the body exploding weapon.

Just bring on the body exploding man.
    Even then I still wouldn’t be afraid of the maul.

• Watching competitive players using the maul is incredibly weird. They always take swing acceleration and deceleration to the extremes and watching them bending over backwards and spin around looks like something out of The Exorcist.

I was duelling a maul player yesterday in the beta. He turned around so his back was facing me, crouched, looked up and then my head suddenly exploded. I was terrified.