CU1 Patch 2 Beta 3 [Notes Added]

• Hi there…

Um… I said we’d have the beta patch update for you on Monday… well guess what… SURPRISE…

As this was an unexpected surprise for us too (Thanks Brady!), the patch notes will be coming later.

So stay stuned! Lol

And enjoy!

SlyGoat Edit:

I’m going to preserve Kimi’s original post as future evidence against her in court.

Fixes:

-Fix for alt swing infinite combos.
    -Fix for king instantly respawning when he dies.
    -Fix for random class assigning you to a class that is already at its limit on class limited servers.
    -Fix for vertical turn rate during a combo.
    -Fix for tapping shield blocks causing stun to not apply properly.
    -Fix for sling sometimes being unable to wind attacks past minimum windup.

Alterations:

-Balance changes reverted to live.
    -Alt swings now have .1 longer windup.
    -Swing grunt once again only plays during release.
    -Sprint cooldown after being flinched or deflected changed from 1 second to .5.
    -Dodge cooldown changed from 1 second to .3.
    -Javelin/Flail shield punch attack now has proper tracers.
    -Dagger and double axe reach extended by 20%.
    -Quick kicks no longer deal damage.
    -Sprint attack speed increased by roughly 20% - slightly more/less than 20% for some weapons, all weapon sprint attacks are set to the same speed for now. Fist sprint attacks are 15% faster than weapons.
    -All weapon sprint attack damage values set to 100 (for now). Fists still 50.
    -More buckler animations updated.
    -Feints now always have a .5/.6 recovery for twohanders/onehanders, and you cannot parry during feint recovery.
    -Something new might happen when a match ends, maybe.

• What is this blasphemy! :o

• I am so stuned I think I lost control of my bladder.

• Worst case scenario. New beta out and i seem to be the only one who’s awake in europe. :?
    Move it, people! :P

• Can’t wait for the final release.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. These changes are for the most part utter trash.

• This is kinda cool isn’t it? We said we’d give you the update on Monday and you get it early. gasp What is this world coming to?? xD

• First time ever Torn Banner is faster than excepted :o

• First time any video game company has ever delivered anything in advance. Argument: Because Torn Banner is awesome, they make awesome games and release patches faster than expected. Therefore, it can be concluded that Torn Banner is an awesome company.

• I’ve been out of town for over three weeks and had major Chivalry withdrawals at the beginning of my hiatus… Needless to say I can’t wait to try out all of the new changes made in May and now this new beta patch.

Great to see you guys releasing new updates ahead of schedule!! :D

• @VinceXD:

First time ever Torn Banner is faster than excepted :o

They really surprised everyone

• @rumpelstiltskin:

They really surprised everyone

No patch notes, I think they just reset it and made a funny feint change for fun.

• This beta patch could have been an April fools joke. But its the first of June so I am confused :D

• @Kimiko:

the patch notes will be coming later.

How later is later? :o

• @gregcau:

No patch notes, I think they just reset it and made a funny feint change for fun.

I am actually beginning to concur with this. This can’t possibly be real. Apart from anything else, this beta patch took about a week to prepare. If the product of one week’s work is to implement ONE tiny change (feint delay) then I honestly think the sackings should begin.

• I played a few hours of the beta, and I think it’s…
    PERFECT!
    Please release this to the real game!

• @Ho_BoY:

@Kimiko:

the patch notes will be coming later.

How later is later? :o

Whenever SlyGoat wakes up… That bum!

• I can’t seem to find the download for this update for the beta. I’m horribly distracted.

• With this new beta you went from “pretty much what this game needs” to “complete garbage”. :/
    The last beta was good as it was.

• @afiNity:

With this new beta you went from “pretty much what this game needs” to “complete garbage”. :/
    The last beta was good as it was.

I completely agree. I was hoping that TB was going to stick with their they track record and release beta 2 on the last day of the month as they did with the other patches. But alas they did not.

On the bright side however, i can now, with the help of a shield, sit on the sidelines of a duel server and grunt like maniac just like i was able to before content patch 1.

• I can tell 3 things:

• Left swing is slower
    • Feint to parry removed
    • New counter stab animation (used Longsword)

Hm i kinda like this Beta patch. Knight feels more “Heavy” :)

I kinda liked feint to parry :c

Edit:

This patch feels so “medievaly” :D - I love it !