Random Server Kick

• So I was just playing Chivalry today and suddenly I see a vote cast to kick me out in a free for all game! Naturally I didn’t do any team damage, but my question is: WHY?! Why would it be possible to just start to kick some random players while they didn’t do anything to spoil the game?

• Maybe your ping? We kick 400ms ppl on the asian servers all the time… as politely as possible…

• I’m from the Netherlands and my pings was fine. The basterds even voted yes, while I hadn’t done any team damage! :P

• Dunno. Maybe they just wanted the server to themselves, or to do some classic dueling or something. Not unheard of for people to lock out a server :P

A band of roaming, serverless clannies. They’re like ronin.

• Happens now and then, If your ping and team damage were fine then was just someone being an arse probably.

No permanent repurcussions, there’s only a 5 min block on rejoining. Did you ask “Why?” in the chat? Sometimes that can make people think twice.

Maybe the votekick should autoselect “No” (and highlight current choice), that way I think majority of people wouldn’t just hit random yes or no to simply respond to the prompt and get it to bugger off.

• I presume it’s the host who has the right to kick people? I noticed it quite late, so I was able to swing in a “WTF” comment in the chat, but then I got thrown out.

• @Platokrates’:

I presume it’s the host who has the right to kick people? I noticed it quite late, so I was able to swing in a “WTF” comment in the chat, but then I got thrown out.

Anyone can start a kick vote. Reality in life is that there are lots of losers.

• That has happened to me several times when I was clueless of the FFA duel server concept. Did you check the title of the server, did it have “duel” in its name?

• No, it was a simple free-for-all.

• In that case must be like facedude said, just a band of friends who didn’t want to be disturbed (while they’re killing kittens, finding exploits and worshipping satan).

• Still odd because it was a server with 32 people in it. Might have been some random tit I beheaded, who started the vote.

• People vote “yes” like sheep in this game. All it takes one P’ed off person and you’re going to get votekicked. Everyone will always vote yes even if there is no reason given.

• On rare occasions, people will kick you if you dominate them too hard, have a fighting style they dislike, use a weapon they dislike, if you chat, if you don´t chat, if they don´t like your name or they had a bad day.
    You may start to worry if this happens frequently.

• Probably wasn’t kicked because I was powning them hard. Still a beginner.