How can I see what soundcard I have?

• Hey all!
    In the moment I’m just trying EVERYTHING to get chivalry to work… So now I want to have ANY driver up to date. My graphics driver is up to date, but I don’t know how it looks like for my soundcarddriver.
    I don’t even know which one I have.
    So how can I find it out? I only know I have an onboard soundcard. But I don’t know anything more about it.
    On other pages they just told me to download some stupid kind of program, that’s 90% advertisment and “BUY THE FULL VERSION NOW TO…” 10% readme and 0% help.

I hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks in advance.

• Hello Peter.

Sorry to hear that the game is not working for you still.

As for your question:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. Afterwards expand the sound, video, and game controllers section to see the sound card that you have installed. If that section isn’t displayed or no sound card is listed, either your computer doesn’t have a sound card, or the driver for the sound card hasn’t been properly installed.

Just a fresh reminder. What is the main problem currently causing your game not to work?

• You can find the drivers for the onboard sound at either your computer manufacturer’s website - or the motherboard manufacturer’s website.
    If you’re not sure which motherboard you have, look on it for a model number and do google search.

• thanks you two. I’ll try it.
    @Keith: Well listening to what the launchlog says, the game isn’t able to find some stuff. If you want I can upload the launchlog again.

EDIT: It says that Microsoft is the manufacturer of my soundcard. I told it to update the driver and it said it’s already up to date. So okay, I’ll trust it for the moment, because the launchlog warns me of other problems than driverproblems.