Uninstalled

• Uninstalled today because devs still haven’t tried to fix feinting. Won’t be putting money towards torn banner again.

Cheerio

• @animus:

Uninstalled today because devs still haven’t tried to fix feinting. Won’t be putting money towards torn banner again.

Cheerio

Ok we have feints in the live version. We have feints removed (pretty much) in the beta version.

So eh, yes, what exactly do you want?^^

• @Falc:

@animus:

Uninstalled today because devs still haven’t tried to fix feinting. Won’t be putting money towards torn banner again.

Cheerio

Ok we have feints in the live version. We have feints removed (pretty much) in the beta version.

So eh, yes, what exactly do you want?^^

Beta version?

• Developer

Check your steam library, you can see the chivalry beta there and can help us test potential changes. Major fient tweaks are in the current build along with many other changes found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14060

• I’ll check it out.

• Feints aren’t all that common.

• Goat just said in “Ask TBS” that beta feints are not going live.

Time to uninstall Chivalry for me too. I’ve had enough of this feint garbage.

I thought you guys were better than this.

• NOOOO animus you were the lifeblood of Chivalry, don’t gooo PLZZZZ

Oh wait, I live in the real world and there, no fucks are given at all.

Cheerio.

• Torn Banner are putting in effort to look at feinting, by experimenting with changes in Beta. They are doing it this way to make sure whatever solution is put in place, is fair and makes sense.

If you wish to throw a tantrum and “leave” regardless without having some patience for them to continue what they’re doing then no-one is stopping you. In a multi-player online game, things may not always go YOUR way.

If instead you’d like to have fun in the meantime, or provide some constructive input to help improve some of the issues around feinting and other things, then you’ll be more than welcome.

• @BobT36:

=
    provide some constructive input to help improve some of the issues around feinting

Why bother when anything anyone says against it will just get swarmed by “lol learn to play” responses. This forum is nothing but new players coming to vent and the good “pro” players circle-jerking over them.

• @Goden:

@BobT36:

=
    provide some constructive input to help improve some of the issues around feinting

Why bother when anything anyone says against it will just get swarmed by “lol learn to play” responses. This forum is nothing but new players coming to vent and the good “pro” players circle-jerking over them.

Thats not true, there are several people who are anti-feinting. JCash being the most infamous.

But certainly the feinting arguments have been done to death and its up to TBS to decide what to do. In fairness the last patch put a significant restriction on feints but um the clans hate it so we shall see what happens in the next iteration.

• @gregcau:

@Goden:

@BobT36:

=
    but um the clans hate it so we shall see what happens in the next iteration.

I mean no offense to you but I do hope TBS realizes that the big clans of Chivalry do not represent the majority game population and that catering to the clans will destroy this game.

• @Goden:

I mean no offense to you but I do hope TBS realizes that the big clans of Chivalry do not represent the majority game population and that catering to the clans will destroy this game.

No offense taken, I am not a clannie - much more of a casual pub player (but totally awesome when I want to).

I like to make fun of clannies but there is a logic to making sure the game is balanced at the high level of play, not the pub level of play. At the pub level balance of weapons is not really an issue, feints are rare, because its usually more just whoever strikes with the best timing.

The last feint change had its flaws, it might have been fine for pub duels but it was not appropriate for higher level play.

I think most high level players dislike the uncertainty feints bring, so its really all about figuring a good solution to the issue.

• @gregcau:

I think most high level players dislike the uncertainty feints bring, so its really all about figuring a good solution to the issue.

There’s plenty of easy ways to deal with this uncertainty in a team setting. I’ll be publicly posting some of Faucheur’s team strategies we do in dealing with how to open and follow through in a clash.

Doing this because personally I believe feints are currently fine where they are (save for combo feint stamina), as long as its in a team setting.

In a duel setting there is much more uncertainty, but there are plenty of ways to over come that as well. But I’m more worried about the team play.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@gregcau:

There’s plenty of easy ways to deal with this uncertainty in a team setting.

I don’t think feints are an issue at all in a team setting, its more about duels.

• @gregcau:

I don’t think feints are an issue at all in a team setting, its more about duels.

That’s the issue. For some reason people think what originally is a team game is now about duels only.

• I’ve played this game a lot.

I went through a phase where I started to learn to use feints, probably around level 25 (I concentrated on most other things and not so much feints). Then I used feints heaps, almost every single fight involved the use of lots of feints.

I found that, whilst a feint was useful, it cost a bit of stamina, so by the time I’d kill my opponent, if I used feint a lot for that fight I’d have low stamina. The next fight, in TO or FFA, I’d be at a large disadvantage due to the heavy use of feints in the previous fight, ie I’d have bugger all stamina.

So over time I’ve progressed my skills and now I find that I use feint maybe 1 in 4 fights. When I use it in that fight, it might be just once. After I’ve set a pattern.
    It has also allowed me to understand in great depth when and where a feint is best used, and when/where it is a bad time to use it.

When you learn this, dealing with feints is a matter of understanding when your opponent can use them effectively or not and act accordingly.

The biggest thing you need to understand is that feinting is most advantageous to the person who attacks first. So if the two of you are almost in range, you need to be the person who steps in and starts the windup first, then YOU control the fight and thus control effective feinting. At the moment you lose control, disengage and ‘reset’ the fight so you can regain control.

• There are few really good players that are and were always clanless. Down here they are the better players. A hell of a lot nicer too.

• @Goden:

I agree.

Theres a big difference between clans and causals beeing that clan study the game to find advantages. Sure they should do so, but balancing things around them then will probably create the NEED to do this studies which the causal player most likely will not. Instead they might just leave the game.

Every tactic that requires you to practice in a controlled enviroment should not be considered standard for the reason above. But thats what clans do.
    Most people just jump into the game slash some and have fun, and THATS what the game should be about. Sure its nice to have a great competetive game but not if it costs the causal gamer.

Thats why I dont get the feints are too easy to use argument. All mechanics should be easy to use. The complexibility comes from when to use what.

• If you take out all the game components that require practice then you don’t have a game. You can’t balance pub play because people in pub have vastly different skill levels so this would be the ONLY way to “balance” it.

And you don’t really mean “balance” anyway. You mean dumb the game down so everyone who can spam LMB will succeed enough to have fun no matter how much practice the opposition has put in.