Weapon talk : One-handed maces

• I’d settle for a +5 overhead damage finger >_>

It’s the heaviest and slowest MaA weapon, it should be the most damaging.
    That’s how every other weapon in this game works.

• Dont you think range should be considered too???

• I’d love a morning star buff. It’s my favourite 1h!

• Longer and heavier two-handers deal more damage than shorter and lighter ones, I can’t see why one-handers should be exceptional to this Towe.

• Edit to make a long post short:

You said star is slower so it should have more dmg.
    I say reach is a stat to consider too (an important one when balancing mace to star imo).

• @Dibbz:

Longer and heavier two-handers deal more damage than shorter and lighter ones, I can’t see why one-handers should be exceptional to this Towe.

But many short 2h weapons do more damage then longer 2h weapons.
    EG grand mace vs claymore.
    Weight is the factor there. I think length of a weapon should only come into play when comparing weapons of similar weight.

I am very disappointed with the nurf on the 1h mace range. It was completely unnecessary and in the current environment it makes the weapon vastly less viable then it used to be.

• @giantyak:

@Dibbz:

Longer and heavier two-handers deal more damage than shorter and lighter ones, I can’t see why one-handers should be exceptional to this Towe.

Weight is the factor there.

The Morning Star is the heaviest one-hander, and the longest one-hander (tied with Broadsword) except for the one-and-a-half-hander bastard swords, so whichever way you look at it you’re agreeing with me.

• I find the Morning star fine because its slow speed compared to other 1h weapons often causes me to parry way too early, but maybe that’s my problem (it is).

• @Dibbz:

@giantyak:

@Dibbz:

Weight is the factor there.

The Morning Star is the heaviest one-hander, and the longest one-hander (tied with Broadsword) except for the one-and-a-half-hander bastard swords, so whichever way you look at it you’re agreeing with me.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, more pointing out flaws in your logic.
    I always think of the classic example:
    If some apples are green and some oranges are orange does this mean that all apples are green?
    The correct answer is no.

• Forgive me if I’m wrong but it seems like you’re under the impression that I said that a weapon’s length alone is what determines its damage.

@giantyak:

@Dibbz:

Longer and heavier two-handers deal more damage than shorter and lighter ones

I didn’t make a logical flaw, I haven’t said anything to the contrary of what you’re saying nor to the contrary of your examples.

Weapons follow the roughly combined rules of the heavier a weapon is, the more powerful it is, and the longer a weapon is, the more powerful it is.

• Well that sounds good to me.
    Its just this logic:
    @Dibbz:

sounded a little ‘loose’. Its very general terms that your using about 2h weapons and then you’re applying that loose logic to something different again, that being 1h weapons.

I agreed with most of what your saying but i think the subject of how powerful a weapon is deserves more careful discussion. Especially in this thread about weapons which are generally short and heavy.

• I think the Flanged mace and Morning Star are perfect. Flanged mace is quite fast and does excellent damage, two shotting knights with a double OH headshot and vanguard will a double OH single headshot but in return 3 shots MaA to the torso and is very short. The Morning Sar star also does excellent damage, two shotting vanguards and MaA with a double OH to the torso but in return it practically has the speed of some two handers on the OH. It is also a very long MaA weapon. The Morning Star is my favorite knight secondary that I pair with the maul. It’s damage against both MaA and vanguards make it perfectly ideal to use with a maul because in a duel the maul is so bad against MaA and vanguards. The HW… ehhh… it’s an odd weapon ineed and, perssonally, I think the stab is still too fast because having such fast windups and combos NOW combined with a .35 stab windup that 4 shots knights and 3 shots vanguards is a bit too much imho.