What's your favorite class/weapon so far?

• With another patch on the horizon and the possibility that unlockables could finally be working properly, we may soon be saying goodbye to the dozen primaries we’ve all gotten used to over the first week of beta. So let’s remember them fondly! We may pick them up again one day when we’re bored with all the shiny new toys and decide to go back to ol’ reliable. What’s been your favorite weapon so far and why?

I’m also putting up a poll for favorite class, because the maximum # of poll options isn’t high enough to represent every weapon.

• Man-at-Arms with hatchet.

• Archer with either a bow + sword & shield or with a crossbowman with the sword. :)

• Javelin to the face, bro. Even if they’re an absolute buggy mess right now.

• Vanguard with the Greatsword, sidearm I never use and throwing axes.
    I’m not particularly good with that and I never tried much of the other classes, but I somehow feel most comfortable with that loadout.

• I love dodging Vanguard :D

• Man-at-Arms maintaining a steady lead so far. Maybe they’re just faster at forums too. :)

• I want to like other class’s but Maa gets ya kills ;)

• So far I have noticed i usually play the best with vanguard + great sword

• longbow with bodkin arrows + shortsword <3 although i can wait to try out the warbow with fire arrows

• @Vox:

longbow with bodkin arrows

SlyGoat, got any details on the difference between the arrow types?

• Knight with Longsword. 2 handed is great 1v1, but I usually go 1h/shield when there are archers around.

• @OrdeaL:

@Vox:

longbow with bodkin arrows

SlyGoat, got any details on the difference between the arrow types?

Fire Arrow
    The head of this arrow is specially designed to hold a piece of burning materials. Dipped into oil and then lit, the arrow can be kept burning through the flight.

Broadhead Arrow
    The broadhead allows it to create large wounds and cause more damage to lightly armoured troops such as the Archer and Man at Arms.

Bodkin Arrow
    Bodkins have narrow points and a greater ability to pierce armour than broadheads, making them best for taking out heavier units such as the Vanguard and the Knight.

• Cheers Strudel, Where did ya get that info?

• @OrdeaL:

Cheers Strudel, Where did ya get that info?

The Arsenal page. http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/?page_id=1081

As for exact details though, I can do some testing later. The only thing we know for sure is that Bodkins do piercing damage and Broadheads do slash damage - but because even Men-at-Arms take less damage from slashing than piercing I assume Broadheads also get a damage bonus.

• Ok did some testing and it turns out there’s NO difference in-game of which arrow type you use. These are the damage values for BOTH bodkin and broadhead arrows:

MAA: 102/head 68/body 44/legs
    Archer: 108/head 72/body 47/legs
    Knight: 60/head 40/body 26/legs
    Vanguard: 96/head 64/body 42/legs

e.g. If you hit a Knight in the leg it does 26 damage whether you’re using bodkin or broadhead.

• Since that’s definitely a bug and probably a quick fix I’ll pass it on to Tibbs in case he doesn’t see this in time to change it for the patch.

• Knight with Longsword, Mace and kite shield.

Longsword: Only really use against man at arms class. Really helpful at keeping them away using thrust or following their dodge round with a side slash and turn.

Mace: I find this to be the daddy…its absolutely brutal and seems to take most people with 2-3 hits. + its not actually that slow considering ur in full plate.

Kite Shield: Very useful. Not just against those sodding archers. Without a shield its hard to block more than 1 attack at once. Can take on groups and come out the victor with this bad boy. Dont like tower as u cant see anything when blocking + to easy to be snuck round. Oh and the shield bash you can do from block is great for taking people unawares :D

• @OrdeaL:

Ok did some testing and it turns out there’s NO difference in-game of which arrow type you use. These are the damage values for BOTH bodkin and broadhead arrows:

MAA: 102/head 68/body 44/legs
    Archer: 108/head 72/body 47/legs
    Knight: 60/head 40/body 26/legs
    Vanguard: 96/head 64/body 42/legs

e.g. If you hit a Knight in the leg it does 26 damage whether you’re using bodkin or broadhead.

Thanks for the info!

• Will be fixed soon :P