[RELEASED] Server Admin Mod - Suggest new features!

• Update: Mod released here
    (Keep feature requests in this thread, bug reports/issues go in the above release thread)

At the moment this is a little admin mod that adds a bunch of useful commands. The next iteration of this project will be a more complete server mod that extends the core functionality of the server.

Tell me what you want to see in this mod and I’ll tell you if it’s doable and add it to the list.

Planned Commands

• Repeat last issued command

• Make player/all players king

• Ignite player/all players for duration

• Rocket player/all players into air then explode

• Teleport to player/to crosshair

• Option to echo dedicated server output to CMW_ServerMod.exe to work with certain web panel setups

• Command to list commands (commandception?)

Implemented Commands

• Increase a player’s/all players’ max health

• Slay player/all players

• Explode player/all players

• Slap player/all players for X damage and optional X force

• Ban player with a duration and reason

• Permaban player

• Unban player - coming with full server mod

• Set global gravity

• Set a player’s jump height

• Set next map

• End current map - aoc_endgame already does this

• Extend time limit during round

• Change respawn interval during round

• Restart round

• Admin say/talk as console

• Refill a player’s/all players’ ammo

• Enable infinite ammo on a player/all players

• Enable infinite stamina on a player/all players

• Enable infinite health on a player/all players

• Projectile rain at location (oil pots, smoke pots, arrows, knifes, ect) - I had this working only to find out projectiles pass through players on the server no matter what because projectile damage is handled clientside! Figure that one out… Firepots still work though :O

• Projectile rain that follows player

• Force fists on a player/all players

• Noclip

• Turn player to peasant

(Coming Soon)Planned Server Mod Features

• Better ban system with proper time limited bans, ban file, and unban features

• Message of the day

• Periodic chat advertisements

• Player stat tracking - more specific details needed

• Setup map rotation

• Remote console (rcon) - more specific details needed

• Speedhack detection that can ban or notify admin

• Specific weapon whitelist/blacklist

• Auto idle player kick

• Maplists that can be switched between ingame

• Change weapon speeds - Not possible, server weapons stats don’t get replicated to clients

• Enable fire arrows - When enabled, normal players can type !firearrows command to use fire arrows when playing archer

Filthy peasants need not apply.

• Just an FYI. I can’t read that green. And most people probably won’t highlight it to read it either. So tone that bad boy down 3 shades.

• @ChuckingIt:

Just an FYI. I can’t read that green. And most people probably won’t highlight it to read it either. So tone that bad boy down 3 shades.

I literally edited it immediately after creating it.

• I’ve always wanted the ability to slap or explode people.

Currently as an Admin our only tools are Ban and Kick, and shouting at them heh. The ability to give someone a small slap, or explode them as a warning of “oi, that’s out of order” before bring out the boot would be nice. Kick and Ban really should be last resorts.

• @Slight:

@ChuckingIt:

Just an FYI. I can’t read that green. And most people probably won’t highlight it to read it either. So tone that bad boy down 3 shades.

I literally edited it immediately after creating it.

I was Johnny on the Spot :P

• id like to be able to change the spawn time as well as the round time slight.
    we def need to hook up and go over sum stuff man, u should join my teamspeak sumtime,
    as last time we never got to connect

and what ever happened to the valliance mod u were working on b4 hows that going,
    from what tb has given us so far- what u had sounded sooner and promising

ts.mikemrm.com:9988

• Ah. Huh. Somehow I missed the ‘aoc_endgame’ command.

Best of luck with this, though. I look forward to some proper admin commands.

• In the game there is a pause command. What it does it pause the hae and everyone freezes integer positions.

But in spectator mode you can’t move your camera around.

I would like the ability to pause the game but still be able to move the spectator camera around.

I think this is doable as at the moment when a game ends people can still move around and others will be frozen in their last position.

• I’d like to be able to swap players between teams through the admin scoreboard. Currently you have to type their names out in the console and that’s a pain in the ass. I’d also like an admin says command. I’d like a message of the day display when you first connect to the server that could be edited to display the rules, match specs, etc… Also a way to remove people from the ban list in game would be nice.

• Dunno…Banhammer? ;)

• stat tracking.

• I wish TBS did global stat tracking. I want to know how many of each class I have killed and been killed by.

• @WARSAW:

id like to be able to change the spawn time as well as the round time slight.
    we def need to hook up and go over sum stuff man, u should join my teamspeak sumtime,
    as last time we never got to connect

and what ever happened to the valliance mod u were working on b4 hows that going,
    from what tb has given us so far- what u had sounded sooner and promising

ts.mikemrm.com:9988

Sup wardude?

Spawn times can actually be set with “admin aoc_spawnwaveinterval <float>” however I’ll add it to the list and make a more polished version.

As for valiance, TB eventually implemented the core things my mod did like class limits and ping limits so I took a break to see if they would add more things. It still has some value and unique features though. I recall you wanted to see it turn into a full ledged server mod with a remote console or something. Still a possibility, for now I want to get this done. I’ll probably end up restarting Valiance and merging the two.

@lemonater47:

In the game there is a pause command. What it does it pause the hae and everyone freezes integer positions.

But in spectator mode you can’t move your camera around.

I would like the ability to pause the game but still be able to move the spectator camera around.

I think this is doable as at the moment when a game ends people can still move around and others will be frozen in their last position.

I’ll look into this. I have a strong suspicion this may be mostly clientside and thus outside this project’s scope, but we’ll see. Plus this is a somewhat niche request.

@Dontuhateme:

I’d like to be able to swap players between teams through the admin scoreboard. Currently you have to type their names out in the console and that’s a pain in the ass. I’d also like an admin says command. I’d like a message of the day display when you first connect to the server that could be edited to display the rules, match specs, etc… Also a way to remove people from the ban list in game would be nice.

No can do on the admin scoreboard. I can’t touch things that are clientside.

MotD is a good idea, though not exactly a command so potentially outside the scope of this project. My valiance mod had that and periodic advertisements… Looks like I’ll be merging the two sooner than later. For now I’ll add this to the back burner until I restart the full fledged server mod.

Added unban command and say command. Should the say command be anonymous or have the admin’s name prefixed?

@NoVaLombardia:

stat tracking.

A solid idea for sure. At the moment this is outside the scope of the project as it’s not really an admin command. My next project will surely be to turn Valiance into a fully featured server mod and this will be top priority.

Do you have a reference from an existing game/mod as to what features you want to see? Most of my knowledge of stat tracking comes from some CSS mods but I’ve never ran a CSS server myself.</float>

• refilling everyone’s ammo.

infinite ammo

causing someone to go flying like a catapult shot landed on them (killing them or not either way it’d be funny)

oil pot rain

arrow rain

everyone explodes

• Infinite throwing dagger mode.

• displaying all players velocity (ms in form of number) + steam id, in console on command in a list

this is important to have, and an easy way to spot speedhackers that try to cheat in a sneaky way

• @CRUSHED:

displaying all players velocity (ms in form of number) + steam id, in console on command in a list

this is important to have, and an easy way to spot speedhackers that try to cheat in a sneaky way

This and a command to display the server-config or at least the relevant cvars in the console.

• The admin says command should display just that. Admin says “insert”. There’s no need to display the name of the administrator. Let them think that it’s not someone in game.

• @Slaughtervomit:

refilling everyone’s ammo.

infinite ammo

causing someone to go flying like a catapult shot landed on them (killing them or not either way it’d be funny)

oil pot rain

arrow rain

everyone explodes

All good simple requests, all added.

@dudeface:

Infinite throwing dagger mode.

Hows about just infinite ammo?

@CRUSHED:

displaying all players velocity (ms in form of number) + steam id, in console on command in a list

I’m not so sure that speed hacking actually changes your velocity but instead exploits the server’s leniency when it comes to position correction. I’ll look into it regardless.

This is a suggestion that better fits into the server mod project where I can add speedhack detection that’ll be configurable to either ban, delayed ban, or notify admins about speedhackers. It shouldn’t be too challenging but is outside the scope of this project.
    @afiNity:

This and a command to display the server-config or at least the relevant cvars in the console.

This’ll be a pain, what cvars exactly and why? Obviously you don’t want the entire server config on your screen. I might be able to compare to defaults and only display modified ones. I’m also not sure if I can enumerate cvars or if I have to identify them by name one by one.

It sounds like you’re trying to solve a problem that is better suited for the server mod perhaps?

• @Slight:

This is suggestion better fits into the server mod project where I can add a speedhack detection that’ll be configurable to either ban, delayed ban, or notify admins about speedhackers. It shouldn’t be too challenging but is outside the scope of this project.

Sounds good, Slight.