What will be done about the Falchion?

• It can still go right through parries and shields.

• Like every other weapon.
    I dont think the problem is with the weapons, its somehwere else.
    I have a lot of videos where my parry just doesnt work even though i aim it at enemies weapon.

• @adamcel6:

It can still go right through parries and shields.

It never has.

Try aiming your block better. People who are simply facehugging, you will need to turn about 30 degrees to block their horizontal strikes.

Though, if they are moving around you, you need to turn usually 90+ degrees, since they are moving to your sides while swinging. This can clearly be seen.

They aren’t going through blocks; you just aren’t aiming properly.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@adamcel6:

It never has.

Try aiming your block better. People who are simply facehugging, you will need to turn about 30 degrees to block their horizontal strikes.

Though, if they are moving around you, you need to turn usually 90+ degrees, since they are moving to your sides while swinging. This can clearly be seen.

Maybe it is partially my fault, but I have noticed that it is by far the hardest weapon to block in the game. It does not deserve this, no weapon does.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Have you seen them play?

Cause with lag everything is possible. And Im NOT talking about ping. I had swings going right through my or the enemies body with 50 ping.

• @adamcel6:

Maybe it is partially my fault, but I have noticed that it is by far the hardest weapon to block in the game. It does not deserve this, no weapon does.

I think the hardest part about it is just how fast it is. It’s very difficult to block this, and to an extent the norse sword, if they’re close enough and hitting you with an lmb, especially once your parry recovery timing is off with their swing timing. Add to that the panic of being attacked with such a fast weapon and taking hits and sometimes it does get really frustrating, but it is blockable.

• Morning Star horizontals at facehug range are FAR harder to block. Not even close.

• I’ve never seen it go through parries and shields. But it is quite hard to block.

It also seems longer than it is.

The tracers for the weapon need to be checked.

• Just saying “it’s too hard to block” isn’t going to do much. Grab a friend, make a video, find out exactly what the Falchion’s deal is, and what can be done to fix it if it really is a problem.

How can you expect TB to fix something when you can’t even tell them what exactly to fix?

• “When you block be sure to keep the tip of his weapon in the center of your screen”

• @Dr:

1gtBdRWwPMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gtBdRWwPMg

Alt swing animation bug detected. It’s showing the normal swing animation instead.

He’s queueing the alt attack after letting his shield down.

The video was posted in Febuary, so this is when the bug still existed.

• @Dr:

1gtBdRWwPMg

This.
    I love Chivalry but its 50/50 luck/skill
    No matter how good you play, this kind of stuff eventually kills you.

• @Sullivan:

@Dr:

1gtBdRWwPMg

This.

Like the guy above you said, this is an old video using a bug that I don’t think exists anymore. This was also back when you could stab a certain part of a shield and have it go right through too. It was an age of rage…

Currently the only weapons I’m having a hard time parrying are the two handed swords when they’re close to me and mouse dragging. I’m just getting re-use to it, though. The falchion is not the rage maker it once was until the feints come out. This thing can feint at lightning speed :(.

• @Dr:

1gtBdRWwPMg

This was extremely weird and is another good reason for ADDING THE KILLCAM
    My only theory is that the falchion hit with the tip just under the shield but it´s not very believable.

To me, Falchion is the cheapest weapon to play with, it´s too fast for a thing that can easily 3 shot knights. I´d like to see a speed nerf.

• @Sullivan:

Haha, no way its 50/50. If it’s 50/50, then you’re not very good.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@adamcel6:

It never has.

This is a pain in the ass. Something needs to be fixed in the blocking mechanic then to make it easier to block. Why should we have to do outrageous maneuvers to compensate for poor game design? I’ve tried to show this game to 5 of my friends, and 3/5 rejected playing further because of the wonky blocking mechanic.

It’s in TBS best interest to correct this for future sustained sales.

• @Magnificent:

This is a pain in the ass. Something needs to be fixed in the blocking mechanic then to make it easier to block. Why should we have to do outrageous maneuvers to compensate for poor game design?

It’s already difficult enough to get past a shield against someone who knows how to block. There’s no outrageous maneuvers involved, PERIOD.

The enemies that “go through your blocks” are running around your body while you just aim forward, and I’m really tired of hearing this. Hurr durr, because I’m going to oblige your shield by constantly ramming my face into it.

I’ve tried to show this game to 5 of my friends, and 3/5 rejected playing further because of the wonky blocking mechanic.

Of course, nobody reads my fucking shit.

THE VIDEO SHOWN HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE ABUSING THE ALT ANIMATION SWING BUG, WHICH HAS BEEN FIXED SINCE APRIL.

For more information on what was happening, visit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkMQpNz_A_0

If you still say “things are going through my block” then you need to skill up; plain and simple.

• OP has a point, the falchion is a damaging weapon that is unusually hard to block compared to all the other 1 handers. There have been a few threads about it, one really good one with a video demonstrating that you had to turn a full 90 degrees minimum to block the weapon had tracer pics and everything which showed they were indeed misaligned (search for it, I’m sure its there).

Not sure if this was fixed since then, probably not. Also the shield bug looks like it is an alt animation bug indeed, however there are still plenty of instances where I stab a knight from the back with his shield up and it gets blocked.

• @Slight:

There are still plenty of instances where I stab a knight from the back with his shield up and it gets blocked.

My god, this bug is annoying. And it’s been happening so often lately that it is turning into a game breaking bug, especially if people know how to trigger it on the fly. Happens more with shields than parries though for some reason.