Vanguard legs

• When vanguards use polearms or the polehammer, they slide around during release instead of stepping, unless they are sprinting while not comboing, then their legs move like normal.

xUITpImW7jE

Similarly all classes legs slide during release on attacks made while walking, unless those attacks are combos

• Good catch.

I never really noticed, but you’re right. Leg animations are weird during many moving attacks.

• It’s the full body animations; basically Tibbs wanted legs to play different animations during attack releases “to make it look better”, and the only way to achieve that was to take a small bit of control away from the player and force them to do mini leaps during attacks in which the legs play their own animations. If I’m honest, it’s never really been my cup of tea, and I don’t think it achieved its purpose either. The only way to not have the game force you into a mini leap, I believe, is to stand still during the attacks (or crouch or jump? might be one or two other ways too), so any attack done whilst moving will force you into that mini leap where the legs slide. I think this has the most negative effect on the Vanguard, who when trying to stab enemies while moving backwards in order to maintain range, will be forced to leap forward instead, making any counter attacks from the defender just a tiny bit easier.

• Everything about it is retarded.

Also, nerf vanguard legs.

• Eh, I kind of like having to crouch quickly to stop the forward leap. Think it would be strange to change it now.

• @Martin:

It’s the full body animations; basically Tibbs wanted legs to play different animations during attack releases “to make it look better”, and the only way to achieve that was to take a small bit of control away from the player and force them to do mini leaps during attacks in which the legs play their own animations. If I’m honest, it’s never really been my cup of tea, and I don’t think it achieved its purpose either. The only way to not have the game force you into a mini leap, I believe, is to stand still during the attacks (or crouch or jump? might be one or two other ways too), so any attack done whilst moving will force you into that mini leap where the legs slide. I think this has the most negative effect on the Vanguard, who when trying to stab enemies while moving backwards in order to maintain range, will be forced to leap forward instead, making any counter attacks from the defender just a tiny bit easier.

The problem with this bug is that the leg movements are not consistent with the mini leap, the leap is only at the beginning of release, whereas the legs slide during the whole thing, so your character can move in any direction after the leap without leg movement.

There are also all the times where you do a mini leap but your legs do not slide: swinging a polearm while sprinting and not comboing, and non-combo attacks made by non-polearm weapons at walking speed