Ez Feint Fix

• Add the ability shorten the parry cooldown after your first parry at the cost of the same amount of stamina as a feint.
    The input would simply be RMB (parry), and RMB (parry) again similar to the combo timing.
    Thus feints retain their usefulness, but have the ability to be defended against at the same stamina cost of a feint.
    Simple fix, gg no re 2ez pls pay me TB.

• But the whole point of feints is to get past parries. Just like the point of the slow kick is to get past shields.

• @BB:

But the whole point of feints is to get past parries. Just like the point of the slow kick is to get past shields.

It still serves it’s purpose, and it doesn’t become useless. The player who feints would still have the advantage of surprise and the initial advantage of stamina management. This fix would mitigate the game “Rock, Paper, Scissors” In competitive play.
    As of now this is the most common scenario in tryhard situations.

Attacker lands a hit by superior movement/range/timing
    Attacker now has the choice to either combo or wait.
    COMBOING IS ALWAYS SUPERIOR PROVIDED YOU HAVE STAMINA
    Defender has the choice of either parrying immediately after the hitstun to parry the combo attack
    OR
    Wait and parry after the combo-feint
    This is a 50/50 that the defender has to take which makes competitive play irritating as it’s always the most viable thing to do to win.

• 2EEZZZZ

• @Alyx:

It still serves it’s purpose

But it’s purpose is to get past parries.

• @BB:

It would get passed the initial parry, but be able to be defended against by the second parry. This is not a hard counter to feints, this is giving the defender a chance to defend while still having to take a disadvantage; The stamina cost.
    The attacker is still in the advantage in the fight’s momentum.
    As I’ve said before this mitigates the 50/50 scenarios which allows for higher level play instead of the be all, end all scenario I described in my last post.

• @Alyx:

@BB:

It would get passed the initial parry, but be able to be defended against by the second parry.

Thus, not “getting past” parries at all.

I’d rather not have every engagement end as a result of no stamina.

• @NabsterHax:

It would encourage people to use tactics other than facehug, feinting and combo-feinting.
    More focus on footwork, timing and swing precision.
    Do people really believe that the only way to get around a parry is feinting?

• @Alyx:

You haven’t fought Radient…

• @BB:

@Alyx:

Are you implying that he/she thinks that the only way around a parry is a feint? Or that the only way around his/her parry is to feint?
    I’ve fought him/her plenty of times, today even around 30 minutes ago and I didn’t have to feint to hit.

• @Alyx:

@BB:

@Alyx York:

Are you implying that he/she thinks that the only way around a parry is a feint? Or that the only way around his/her parry is to feint?
    I’ve fought him/her plenty of times, today even around 30 minutes ago and I didn’t have to feint to hit.

He is a fortess. More of a compliment to him than an actual argument point mind you.

• People who think that feinting should be a binary choice that is used to “simply get past a parry” are the problem the mechanic is still broken.

And it’s pretty sad one of them is on the “balance council herp”

• But I didn’t say that at all. Words hurt you know :C

• @Alyx:

@NabsterHax:

It would encourage people to use tactics other than facehug, feinting and combo-feinting.

What if I told you that every high level player already has good footwork, timing and precision? What if you realise that this doesn’t mean diddly when every incoming attack can be countered by parrying?

It would result in the best players parrying until they ran out of stamina, or they got killed by an MaA who can completely abuse recovery time to land a guaranteed hit against everyone because they can’t combo-feint.

If the meta revolved around who’s best at parrying, then I can assure you that all the top players would be pretty much perfect at it.

• @NabsterHax:

If the meta revolved around who’s best at parrying, then I can assure you that all the top players would be pretty much perfect at it.

Except the meta wouldn’t be whomever is best at parrying, you’re assuming every high level player doesn’t get hit unless they’re feinted. Try going on some of Interitus’s classic duel servers, all the high rank people on that server seldom feint and do very well even against people who do like to play with feints.
    I never said anything about removing the feinting action, or tweaking how feints work at all. You would still be able to hit–>combo–>feint–>attack
    The only thing I’m proposing is a defense against it as the hitstun from being hit puts you in a 50/50 if the attacker feints their combo attack.

• @Alyx:

I never said anything about removing the feinting action, or tweaking how feints work at all.

You tweaked parrying so that you can parry during the parry cooldown. Feint isn’t worth anything offensively if you can parry during parry cooldown.

• @BB:

@Alyx:

I never said anything about removing the feinting action, or tweaking how feints work at all.

You tweaked parrying so that you can parry during the parry cooldown. Feint isn’t worth anything offensively if you can parry during parry cooldown.

Neither is anything at that point. You can just parry all day if there is no parry recovery. That’s silly.

• @Alyx:

Enjoying those 10 minute duels?

Do you really believe that footwork, timing, and swing precision is completely overshadowed by feinting, especially in a team-setting?

• @Alyx:

@NabsterHax:

Except the meta wouldn’t be whomever is best at parrying, you’re assuming every high level player doesn’t get hit unless they’re feinted. Try going on some of Interitus’s classic duel servers, all the high rank people on that server seldom feint and do very well even against people who do like to play with feints.

A similar argument has been used by Radiant before. “Players who are good with the current feint meta game are bad at non-feint duels, and can’t parry attacks.”

This is only currently true because the current meta doesn’t put a huge focus on people needing to be extremely good at parrying. I am confident that if you remove feints and the meta shifts people WILL be able to parry until they run out of stamina.

• I do no feint duels every once in awhile. Its pretty fun but they do take much longer.

I think the best thing about removing feints as an offensive tool is that a single great player won’t be able to take down half the enemy team by himself. That’s just no fun for the people on the losing end.