There's a long road ahead

• Hey! What is this?!
    A game for people who know all it’s secrets and tricks?
    What about the other 95% who’s like flies to this strong warrior?
    This strong warrior don’t care about if we block and in what direction.
    This strong warrior don’t care about his swing speed, he attacks how ever fast he wants to.

…Said James as he then realized that there was so much more than games to life…

Seriously though, I’m tired of seeing these strange people on a few servers that totally dominates the field and are impossible to break through.
    (In the beta) I always feel like I’ve had fair matches with people when we clashed our swords, and I never got the slightest mad by dying. Until these “strong warriors” come and ruin the moment.
    This needs to be fixed, what’s your opinion and have you ever been through the same?
    And if you say “it’s easy to see through” or anything like that, remember that there’s probably more casual players than hardcore, and that it’s unfair to those. I’m part hardcore but I still think it’s stupid that you can do stuff like that.

• good players need to be nerfed

• Unfortunately a lot of the really hardcore players (Or “tryhards” as I’ve seen them nicknamed) that like to go into public servers full of people of lesser skill and dominate them. Sometimes with their buddies. This is called pub-stomping and the high-ranking players of Chivalry are absolutely terrible for doing this.

Sadly, unless you are hacking then you are simply not going to beat them. They are usually in an entirely different league of play than you and it’s just not possible to beat them. Of course, they will use the excuse: “Well how are you supposed to learn anything if you don’t fight better players” but they’re not fooling anybody when they are rank 40+ saying that to rank 10’s.

Welcome to pub stomping. If they are causing enough problems then you could always try votekicking them. Let the majority decide.

• Yes, votekicking would work quite good as your whole team is annoyed by those hardcore players.

• If there were servers dedicated for 40+ rank guys what you guys are saying would be true. Except more often than not, that “pub stomper” joined that server with the same thought process as you.

• @Ravengrim:

Yes, votekicking would work quite good as your whole team is annoyed by those hardcore players.

That would eventually earn you a ban for votekick abuse. Remember, high level players have every right to play this game on same servers as you.

I rarely play on pub servers recently but when I do it’s always 2-3 higher levels on each side so teams are pretty balanced and every player has his place. I admit pubstomping can be a problem but in my experience on EU servers it doesn’t happen that often to be a major problem (it’s not even that good fun for people who do that).

I believe there are also rank limited servers if it’s the major gamebreaker for you.

• @Mef:

That would eventually earn you a ban for votekick abuse. Remember, high level players have every right to play this game on same servers as you.

At the end of the day, votekicks are simply a majority-rules vote. If the majority of the server rules that someone is unfit for the server and should be kicked then that is what they will do. There is nothing stopping them from hitting Del and keeping that player on the server.

@Mef:

I believe there are also rank limited servers if it’s the major gamebreaker for you.

These are so rare they’re barely even worth mentioning. I personally cannot find one without a 150+ ping.

• instead of crying about pubstompers like babys you should learn from them.

• @Goden:

At the end of the day, votekicks are simply a majority-rules vote. If the majority of the server rules that someone is unfit for the server and should be kicked then that is what they will do. There is nothing stopping them from hitting Del and keeping that player on the server.

Ever happened to you that group of people hijacks a server and starts votekick as soon as you join? No, votekick system is not in place to get rid of “unfit” players but to counter griefers who intentionally ruin the match with teamkill or people with an unfair advantage (speedhackers and cheaters in general).

Let’s say you play this game a bit longer and you see yourself improve your footwork, you know by heart all the weapon timings and ranges, know how to parry and all that good stuff. You don’t have a clan server or not many of your buddies play at the time and you are in a mood for some team objective map.

You join one of the official servers and after a few kills some player who just got the game and couln’t block your well timed swing, he starts a votekick to get rid of you, would you consider yourself “unfit” because enough people voted yes?

• @Goden:

Unfortunately a lot of the really hardcore players (Or “tryhards” as I’ve seen them nicknamed) **that like to go into public servers full of people of lesser skill and dominate them. Sometimes with their buddies. This is called pub-stomping and the high-ranking players of Chivalry are absolutely terrible for doing this.

Sadly, unless you are hacking then you are simply not going to beat them. They are usually in an entirely different league of play than you and it’s just not possible to beat them. Of course, they will use the excuse: “Well how are you supposed to learn anything if you don’t fight better players” but they’re not fooling anybody when they are rank 40+ saying that to rank 10’s.**

Welcome to pub stomping. If they are causing enough problems then you could always try votekicking them. Let the majority decide.

This sums up exactly 110% of what me and my clan members like to do, specially Doperider. There is nothing more delicious than milking bad players and hearing them scream ‘‘CHEATER’’ and ‘‘1V1 ME I WILL KIEL U’’ and then losing 0-5 in honest 1v1 because I play well.
    and about this

Sadly, unless you are hacking then you are simply not going to beat them. They are usually in an entirely different league of play than you and it’s just not possible to beat them.

Just go MAA with hatchet and dodge into their face and alt LMB spam and never go defensive. Or use brandistock and feint alot. Or maul and be very aggressive, if one hit land then you might win very easily because they will have no hp left. You will always win at some points. But yeah, if you’re a bad player you won’t win most of the time in honest fights. Simple as that. Get on our level.

our level
    consider getting on it
    And btw we always get kicked by bad players who get mad. That must make you happy

LOL @ Playing since beta and being this bad still??? What’s wrong with you sir? You should be atleast as good as a normal level 40 which is good enough to defeat these ‘‘Gods’’ among men.

• I would never start a votekick against some of these hardcore players just because they’re good. That’s low…
    If he’s really annoying, I just leave the server and search for another. But better is to defeat him, you said this isn’t possible, but I could do it quite often before and I am Rank 18 now.

• thylacine you are bad stop talking so much

• @CRUSHED:

thylacine you are bad stop talking so much

Bad enough to beat you consistently ;))))))))))

• @Goden:

Of course, they will use the excuse: “Well how are you supposed to learn anything if you don’t fight better players”

It’s not an exuse; it’s a truth.

I met some dude named Jerk (AGATHAAAA) who was rank 42 when I was rank 7. I did nothing else but want to see him get defeated by me in a duel. And when the day came, it felt ever so sweet. I think my first victory over him was when I was rank 22.

Then from there forth, I strived to become as consistent as possible.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I did nothing else but want to see him get defeated by me in a duel. And when the day came, it felt ever so sweet. I think my first victory over him was when I was rank 22.

Then from there forth, I strived to become as consistent as possible.

Know that feel all too well.

I think there’s two kinds of players, ones that strive to become better and will take a beating over and over till they reach a higher level of skill, and ones that get owned and instantly rage quit as they’re used to games being so stupidly balanced that they can kill any level player with sup par tactics.

When I was a level 15, I encountered this level 30 that was insanely good (To me at the time) with Knight/Norse setup. I couldn’t beat him for the life of me, I tried so many times and thought to myself “One day……I will defeat thee!”

I didn’t see him for awhile but I kept playing constantly, working on my 2h skills and 1h skills.
    I fought him again when I was level 25 or so, he was around 32-35, and I managed to defeat him for the first time ever. That succulent feel of victory was amazing and made all the hours I put in worth it. I’m actually higher level than said person now, so I guess they stopped playing for awhile :O

I’d like to say I hopefully have the same effect on lower level players when I fight them, I’d like to think I’m up there with the top in Aus as a 1v1 duelling Knight and lately I’ve had a few players go “NaTe, I will kill you, one day I will manage it!” So I encourage them to get better and fight me more ;)

• I got my ass handed to me over and over when I started out. I couldn’t even fathom how some of these combos and maneuvers worked for weeks. I stuck with it, throwing myself at these superior players again and again.

Yesterday a rank 15 guy killed me in TO, and exclaimed “finally! I have been trying to kill dudeface this entire time.”
    That made me chuckle. I knew the feeling. I am not as hard to kill as my predecessors though.

• To the OP: pubstomping comes with online gaming, for better and worse. Seems like there are no low level servers so not much you can do. Frankly I’m just glad there are aussie servers, and heaps of players, it’s so nice compared to most online games!

I’m sure everyone prefers balanced and challenging matches but if there’s a pro floating around your server either (i) gang up on him or (ii) stay away from him. And if you can, (iii) learn something from him.

I’ve been on the sorry end of plenty of pubstomps in a number of games but I dont find them nearly as frustrating in Chivalry. Everyone dies so quickly here, in only a few hits, so even the best get taken out from time to time, especially if you catch them half healed, or land a lucky headshot, or an ally comes in to save your bacon. Plus spawn times are very quick.

I get more frustrated about my own performance than any opponent’s skill.

• back in the good old days we admired pubstompers and saw it as motivation to get better at the game, nowadays people just cry in forums instead lol

• Kids these days.

• @CRUSHED:

back in the good old days we admired pubstompers and saw it as motivation to get better at the game, nowadays people just cry in forums instead lol

‘‘Back in the days’’ no one was ‘‘much’’ better then the average player, so you would never get totally assraped. Because the game was so new.
    It’s different now.