Shields

• Do shields make weapons faster?
    If they do and it is intended, do they decrease the weapons overall damage?

• Are you talking about for example a longsword which one can wield with two hands or with one hand and a shield?

• @Ravengrim:

Are you talking about for example a longsword which one can wield with two hands or with one hand and a shield?

Talking about any weapon, but 1 handers in particular, such as holy water stick.

• It doesn’t change the windup or release, but it’s very possible that the release animations are different for carrying a shield. And that may have the weapon reach the enemy player sooner than without a shield.

You’d have to test it if you want a conclusive answer though.

• I would say stabs with a shield are harder to block than a normal 1H stab

• @Goden:

I would say stabs with a shield are harder to block than a normal 1H stab

This is definitely true.

The same way alt overhead is faster without a shield, normal overhead is faster with a shield, as if the roles get swapped.

It feels like stab suffers the same thing, almost as if there’s an alt stab while holding a shield.

• Dunno, but sometimes SoW and Kite shield is a way deadlier combo than it seems.

• Do shields make weapons faster?

No, they make attacks with weapons slower (windups) and you have to drop the guard before atacking. You get a minor bonus to attack if you strike right after blocking if I recall correctly and isn’t as good as one handed counter-attack.