Weapon talk : Crossbows

• Hm, your english is a little too high for the poor French I am… :p

I play as an arbaletist, I’m not afraid of Archers, except in a direct 1 v 1 (in LTS for example), and when I reload, i’m 100% sure i wont be raped by an archer (that’s also why I look down when I reload)

Another subject… Now, the first Crossbow is not going to one shot Knights anymore… :{

• For my sanity and the rest of the playerbase, please nerf Xbows, they are ridiculously overpowered at the moment. The light crossbow is basically a faster, stronger version of the shortbow. The heavy xbow which can one shot knights absolutely did not need a reload buff, and neither did the first xbow. If they are going to be laser fast, projectile speed wise, they absolutely cannot have their current reload speed. In my opinion, I think both speed and reload time needs to be reverted to where it was pre-patch.

• @SHH_:

In my opinion, I think both speed and reload time needs to be reverted to where it was pre-patch.

Only if the Warbow gets a nerf too, otherwise it will just dominate the whole long range fighting. Also the reload speed for the Light Crossbow should not be reverted completely. It was 2.5 which seemed too long compared to its power and is 2.0 now which seems too short. So maybe something like 2.3 would be ok.

• @Evil:

@SHH_:

In my opinion, I think both speed and reload time needs to be reverted to where it was pre-patch.

Only if the Warbow gets a nerf too, otherwise it will just dominate the whole long range fighting. Also the reload speed for the Light Crossbow should not be reverted completely. It was 2.5 which seemed too long compared to its power and is 2.0 now which seems too short. So maybe something like 2.3 would be ok.

That’s fair, the warbow has always been pretty OP. It has left very little reason to take any other bow over it. My point with the light xbow is that it is a bit too fast, and almost obviates the shortbow, except for the fact that you can move while firing the shortbow, which is pretty important, though.

• The crossbow buff needs to be toned back a little, projectile speed included. They’ve got about as much drop as Battlefield bullets have… virtually no drop unless you’re going for sniper range shots.

Though I’ll be honest, I really miss being able to walk slowly whilst reloading. I know it was a glitch, but I loved it.
    Doing nothing for the duration of the reload feels bad by comparison. Doesn’t feel nice to have character control completely taken from me.
    It was nice to be able to shuffle along, even if I could only move half a metre forwards.

• Crossbows are fucked. Like, really bad. They need to roll out a nerf for them, especially heavy xbow, which is all I practically use now that bows make you lose an arrow when you cancel out.

Pretty much all of the bows and xbows felt balanced except for the warbow, since it can one shot archers with a broadhead. At least with the xbows you have to stand around like an asshole to be able to one shot archers (even though you have an impervious shield at your back and if you know anything you turn around while reloading and look up).

I honestly don’t know how they would balance the warbow, though. You move slow as shit while the arrow is nocked and your pull speed is just as bad, but it’s still basically a crossbow with better DPS.

• @POOT:

They need to roll out a nerf for them

Projectile speed needs to be decreased a little (next patch is said to do that). I also believe reload times should be increased: the Heavy Crossbow should be okay with its old reload speed (4,5 s), the Crossbow should be a little faster than originally to make up for the “lost” headshot kills (~3,35 s), the Light Crossbow should be a little slower to just tone down the DPS a bit (~2,2 s).

@POOT:

Pretty much all of the bows and xbows felt balanced except for the warbow

Crossbow and Warbow were useful. Heavy Crossbow was niche for oneshotting MaA, the rest was too weak and ignored by most.

@POOT:

since it can one shot archers with a broadhead

It still can but thats not the issue (the Crossbow can do this better as it has a faster projectile and can be aimed both quicker and longer). Warbow Broadheads can still do this but they are okay this way (the 5 excess damage were unneeded and just increased DPS against other classes). But just like before the Warbow Bodkin DPS is too high (its even higher now!). Nerfing them to 95 base damage would keep the usual hits to kill but decrease DPS to a more reasonable level while also increasing hits to kill for leg shots (matters when using a shield). An added benefit is that in this case Broadheads are actually better against MaA just as they should.

• Someone doesn’t know how to program an effective spambot.

• i really hope all this buff crossbow talk is pre-patch talk, if you’re talking post patch you all are fucking insane

• clayton, you know you can still see the dates people posted their comments, right?

The new forum didn’t remove that feature. :?

• The buff talk was about the fact that is was overdone. Reload times are still too fast (as they weren’t touched). Didn’t play much crossbowman after the customization patch so I can’t judge the projectile speed yet.

• I’d like to see heavy crossbow buffed more.

A massive knockback if you’re struck by the crossbow would be nice, maybe even a movement speed reduction for those who are hit by it for a short while afterwards.

Heavy crossbow should also be able to 1 shot kill vanguards on body shot. It’s really pointless just doing 99% damage to them, the full kill would be useful.

Heavy crossbowmen should be feared archers. We suffer enough with high reload rates as it is.

• @trooper:

I’d like to see heavy crossbow buffed more.

A massive knockback
    maybe even a movement speed reduction
    Heavy crossbow should also be able to 1 shot kill vanguards on body shot.quote]

LOL
    You are kidding - aren’t you?
    Maybe you just need a rocket launcher….

• Crossbows don’t need any more buffs than they’ve received already

• I think crossbows should have a recovery time of sorts after firing a shot. A brief period during which the archer cannot switch weapons, only move or reload. Maybe even lock them in the zoom-in mode. It’s too convenient right now to just wait for melee pursuers to get as close as possible so they’re easier to hit, then fire and switch instantly to your dagger and be ready to parry or finish off your assailant. With a recovery time there would be some risk as missing will leave you open.

I also think the pavise shield should break when hit by projectiles even when it’s on your back.