[MECH] Request: How to use stamina advantage

• Thanks for the answers!

Isn’t there some mechanic that will give them back some stamina once they reached 0?

• @fvonb:

Thanks for the answers!

Isn’t there some mechanic that will give them back some stamina once they reached 0?

Yes, they will regain 20 stamina after they have been staggered by lack of stamina.

• When I get staggered and my opponent didn’t immediately attack for the free hit I thank my lucky stars and block their almost inevitable attack as they realized they missed the free hit chance but go for it anyway (out of frustration, desperation? I don’t know). This gives me a much need stamina boost, just enough to launch my own attacks with combo’s. As long as the combos land the small amount of stamina I have left is enough.

If they block my assault, I’ll back off and crouch and regain stamina ASAP. Then the battle is ‘reset’ in a way.

If you screw up and don’t get that attack in on a staggered foe, instead of going for the hit (which they will block for free stamina) kick them. It doesn’t seem like much, however that kick will throw off their game-plan and your following flurry of blows will keep them in trouble.

• So, if they are at 0 stamina, not staggered anymore and parry an attack they will regain 20 stamina.
    But if they are at 1 stamina that won’t happen?

• @fvonb:

So, if they are at 0 stamina, not staggered anymore and parry an attack they will regain 20 stamina.

I don’t know the exact mechanic, but I HAVE been staggered without regaining stamina before, and I’m assuming it was due to this case.

Also if they are low on stamina, but not quite out, you can force them to lose some more stamina by kicking them. Of course, you lose a greater amount of stamina doing this, but depending on how much you have it can prove useful.

• the stun will keep stunning if you have a real heavy weapon against an archer/maa. For instance if i stamina lock a men at arms with a maul. I can keep hitting him with overheads until he finally dies. He does not have time nor the stamina to dodge out (also this will be removed anyhow as it should be) and he will continue to get locked over and over as i continue to overhead. Eventually i will get close enough, or he will miss the parry and head is gone, there is no escaping it unless the attacker can’t just overhead over and over lol.

• @clayton-bigsby:

the stun will keep stunning if you have a real heavy weapon against an archer/maa. For instance if i stamina lock a men at arms with a maul. I can keep hitting him with overheads until he finally dies. He does not have time nor the stamina to dodge out (also this will be removed anyhow as it should be).

I love punishing MAA in this way. It isn’t easy to find a low stamina MAA and catch him with an overhead, so when I do I like to make him into my plaything. I smack him about for as long as I can (which in duel is a long time). I don’t even try to get around his block or feint him into parrying early. I make them dance. It would be a sad day for me if this was removed.

• @DeafJumpinKarateDuck:

@clayton-bigsby:

the stun will keep stunning if you have a real heavy weapon against an archer/maa. For instance if i stamina lock a men at arms with a maul. I can keep hitting him with overheads until he finally dies. He does not have time nor the stamina to dodge out (also this will be removed anyhow as it should be).

I love punishing MAA in this way. It isn’t easy to find a low stamina MAA and catch him with an overhead, so when I do I like to make him into my plaything. I smack him about for as long as I can (which in duel is a long time). I don’t even try to get around his block or feint him into parrying early. I make them dance. It would be a sad day for me if this was removed.

Orrrrr… you do a reverse overhead/uppercut on their face :D

• You could just start to feint like a derp as they’re low on stamina and desperate, or attack them until they get flinched and then just do a quick stab. Repeat until dead.

• @fvonb:

So, if they are at 0 stamina, not staggered anymore and parry an attack they will regain 20 stamina.

I am pretty sure it’s impossible to be at 1 stamina and no, as soon as they are staggered the stamina is gained.