Battlegrounds:what happens after we blow up a gate?:)

• Have you guys ever wondered what happens after Agathians reach the gate and blow it up on the map Battlegrounds?I do all the time iam playing it, for me its just seems that map is unfinished and it needs to be done thats my opinion.Its a great map and i think lots of players would like to play that map with more Objectives like for an example on Citadel.After Agathians blow up the gate there could be more fighting on a courtyard and then some final objective with killing a king in some castle room.I think TB should finish that map it has a great potential.

• It was their first map I recall.

The masons surrender maybe?

Or maybe they just want to blow the gate to attack another day.

The community needs to make an interior for that map.

• Rescue the princess.

• I have always felt an anti-climax to that map. It really feels like it should have another step after blowing up the gate.

It is my second favorite map over the Kill the King one.

I really do hope they extend that map further and finish the story.

• gregcau,

you have a dude in your most excellent displays of the female form. You troll!

• @gregcau:

Rescue the princess.

Sounds interesting. Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but protecting a vip on the way was fun in other games. Would also be two more stages instead of just one. First get to her (maybe theres a door that needs unlocking using the same mechanics as the ram where one player does it while the others protect, except that it would be reset when interrupted) than best player plays her (like king).

The agatha spawn for both new stages should be the breach from the bombcart.
    Mason spawn should be near the princess prison of course, but once the door is unlocked it should change so the princess is not so easily slayn at the start of her escape. Therefor the map should be somewhat triangle with the corners beeing bombcartbreach, princess prison/first masonspawn and 2nd mason spawn.

Princess weapon should be a dagger. Her speed should be less than a knights (half?)

Alternatively the princess could be an NPC that is dragged to the breach by the agathians, while the masons can drag her back to the prison, but I think the first variant would be more fun.

• Yeah I’d like to see that map continue. Does seem a bit Agatha Qaeda at the end.

• maybe instad of rescuing the princess maybe you will need to steal the king’s crow by opening a small gate just like in darkforest 3rd objective or killing the king that will be a NPC with butshitload of hit points (or another player) and than when a player pick up the crow he cant attack (holding the crow with both of his hands… have some respect to the crow…) and his team need to defend him thro the gates to their camp (the sprint run with the crow in quiet slow so the other team can get the crow back…) and if the crow carrier dies the crow fall on the floor and each team can pick it up one to finish the objective of stealing the crow and the other is to make it harder for them and taking it farther away… or the one that pick up the crow become a king with all the king’s perks… i dunno just thought ran thro my head…

• Once we blow up the gate one of our mages creates a portal to the citadel.

• @Yoaw:

maybe instad of rescuing the princess maybe you will need to steal the king’s crow

hmm let me think about that

[image:2rq4aekf]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memn2dqA3p1r7onalo1_400.jpg[/image:2rq4aekf]

or
    [image:2rq4aekf]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9XpAvU8N8P0/TKDNWd44o2I/AAAAAAAAAWI/62jHsCSBhlc/s1600/american-crow.jpg[/image:2rq4aekf]

• In any case I’d like the map to be super tight and crowded to contrast the extreme openness of the first parts. Battle in city streets and some houses too, sometimes alleys too tight to fight two men beside each other. The street fights turn into stalemates so people enter houses to find a flanking route some climb ladders into roofs and fight on the rooftops.

• @Helgeran:

In any case I’d like the map to be super tight and crowded to contrast the extreme openness of the first parts. Battle in city streets and some houses too, sometimes alleys too tight to fight two men beside each other. The street fights turn into stalemates so people enter houses to find a flanking route some climb ladders into roofs and fight on the rooftops.

That is an excellent suggestion.

• Defile the Masons womenfolk ?

• @The:

Defile the Masons womenfolk ?

It’s the agathian capital city. The populace would be oppressed by the masons. They have only held the city for a few months. And then it got besieged by the agathians.

Though there could be a part to kill the traitors.

It could even be a new map altogether. Enter the town fight through the streets maybe knocking down defences that get you into the town hall to kill the mason traitors. Who would be agathians lord an nobles who swapped sides to fight for the masons. They could be cowering or they coup be player controlled. Maybe there are 3 of them taking the top 3 players. A but more health than the knight but not as much as the kings.

I was thinking the starting point if its a new map be across the river for the agathians and the same spawn point for mason as in battlegrounds. The gates are destroyed but the masons have put a cart on its side and other wooden defences in the gate. The agathians have to cut their way through it. Then let the street fighting commence.

Close urban fighting with plenty of tight alley ways that force players with big weapons to use overheads and stabs. The alleyways are a good way to flank around behind but our in trouble if you run into an archer or man at arms. No place to hide from an archer and a man a arms can easily attack you with the space there is. This makes smoke and sheilds more nessesary in those right alleyways. There’s also a few streets and Maybe a main road.

You can also go in many buildings with stairs. An soce the agathians have been bombarding the city buildings would have holes in them making them either more accessible or inaccessible. The masons and townspeople would be trying to repair some of the danage do there is scaffolding around the place meaning you can go between buildings over alleyways. There’s plenty of archer spots on balconies.

I was thinking of opening a gate that’s up a flight of stairs at the end of the main road. The main road turns 90 degress so its not a long straight road and it makes the alleyways more useful. This door goes to a caslte chamber or town hall. Its up a flight of stairs do its clearly visible and people know where to go. Knocking down the door has been done nefore and isn’t interesting. But what about a big cannon. That was captured from the Tenosians in the early days of the crusade. Its turned away from the door. To turn it its like the trebuchet objective. You have to have two people on platforms either side of the cannon. Once its turned someone has to grab a torch and light the fuse which will fire the cannon smashing the doors down.

Then you have to kill the traitors. Former agathain lords and nobles with their families. Maybe make three lords as playable characters. The top 3 players each take a lord. When they die they get the class selection screen and can’t spawn untill they pick a class. That way they won’t respawn as that lord again. The objective is to kill those 3 lords and their families running around in terror inside or cowering in a corner.

It has far more potential as a seperate map instead of carrying on. It would be far too long otherwise.

• I like the idea of rescuing the throne princess

• So the seemingly victorious agathians march triumphantly into the city, when they realise the city streets are suspiciously devoid of liberated citizens. Suddenly, from the shadows they are attacked by a vast horde of roaring bears, bears wielding grand-maces and bearing (hehe) the white hand of Saruman.

And amidst this enormous plot twist, the next objective for the attackers is to flee for their lives from the grizzly armada.

• Battlegrounds ends as planned. It was among the first maps created (along with arena).

Looking back, it is very anticlimactic, and totally should have a third objective!

• @Andrew:

Battlegrounds ends as planned. It was among the first maps created (along with arena).

Looking back, it is very anticlimactic, and totally should have a third objective!

I think it should have a third objective for sure that map is amazing you can feel the battlefield its a pity that it all ends at the gate.I like an idea of killing traitors that lemonater47 mentioned.It would be fun to have three best players to control them that would be definatelly something new and welcome.By my opinion it should have 4 obectives beside all its a capital city of Agathians needs to be special.Third Objective fighting among the houses trying to get to the main fortress where traitors
    are hiding.Third objective should be destroying a main gate on the fortress.This could be done with a two ballistas that have to be aimed and fired at the gate that will last about 6 arrows.After that last objective killing a tritors as already mentioned.

• I was thinking the map would be far too long otherwise. That’s why I suggested a new map.

• @Helgeran:

In any case I’d like the map to be super tight and crowded to contrast the extreme openness of the first parts. Battle in city streets and some houses too, sometimes alleys too tight to fight two men beside each other. The street fights turn into stalemates so people enter houses to find a flanking route some climb ladders into roofs and fight on the rooftops.

This is my thinking, too.

Tight alleyways, indoor fighting, city streets full of make-shift barricades like overthrown carts and such, townsfolk running about (which you can’t slaughter, because Agathians are good and all that.) Everything’s in chaos, thick smoke from burning buildings, and the Agathians are to reach the town hall and kill some person. People seem to like the idea of a traitor. Maybe the governor of the city or something.

Of course this would be a new map, and not a continuation of the existing one.