Fix for votekick abuse…

• Hello TBS…I am truly sick of people votekicking for the smallest of reasons…I sincerely hate that large votekick message in the left of my screen anyway.
    Is there anyway you can make the votekick Toggable in your next patch?
    Like you are able to disable chat in the options. Can you do the same to votekicking? So that every individual user can decide he wants votekick to be enabled/disabled to his view.
    To everyone disabling it means they wont see the message…only if the votekicks is ment for them…

• We’re going to make the votekick window disappear after you cast your vote.

• @SlyGoat:

We’re going to make the votekick window disappear after you cast your vote.

Please make sure we can still change our vote after the window disappears.

• @SlyGoat:

No please don’t! I always try to compensate the automatic ‘‘YES’’ votes :D
    Or just make it toggle-able. ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Make It so you can toggle it.

Many of us play in 1920x1080 so the box isn’t big at all.

• Votekick pops up. You vote, it disappears.

If you press Insert or Delete again it reappears for two seconds - so you can see what the percentage is at and change it if you like.

Be interesting, people will be more keen to vote to get it off screen - so maybe that will lead to reasonable votes.

Don’t forget to display the ping.

• Here is a novel idea… how about having real life admins on your servers? How about using, admincancilvote then kicking the abusing asshat that keeps vote kicking people? How about fixing the administration in general, simplifying it? Yeah i know you cannot have an admin on at all times but make friends and give them admin access to your servers to help admin… I know just an idea…

• There is no fix for votekick abuse, the purpose is to allow players to harass other players.

• @gregcau:

Votekick pops up. You vote, it disappears.

If you press Insert or Delete again it reappears for two seconds - so you can see what the percentage is at and change it if you like.

Be interesting, people will be more keen to vote to get it off screen - so maybe that will lead to reasonable votes.

Don’t forget to display the ping.

Perfect you should work for torn banner.

Or just replace slygoat.

• @SlyGoat:

Great to hear! Been killed yesterday because my view was blocked by this gigantic thing.

• Be interesting, people will be more keen to vote to get it off screen - so maybe that will lead to reasonable votes.

Or not. If you don’t see the vote you don’t know you should vote while your vote could lead to kick an obvious teamkiller, etc. I think people want it off when they’re playing in lower resolution as it blocks bigger part of their screen.

• this is no solution whatsoever tbs. You just fix one problem with a new one…great job.
    Just let people be able to DISABLE votekick window and usage of votekicks in the ingame options.
    Disabling votekick options means “cant cast votekicks and cant partipate in votekicks thus cant see votekicks” Only if a votekick is casted on them should they see there’s a votekick in progress but other then that leave it out.

• It really needs to show ping or people will keep voting for the lag to stay.

• @AngryDave:

It really needs to show ping or people will keep voting for the lag to stay.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=13614

• and just now some homo votekicked me with reason “anti shield” yes people that is how redicilous this game get and to make it better 80% supported it.
    Great job TBS on your imcompetent system and it’s users going along with it.

• @sirmike:

and just now some homo votekicked me with reason “anti shield” yes people that is how redicilous this game get and to make it better 80% supported it.

Going by your attitude so far I would be willing to bet you know exactly why you’re being kicked.

• The only reason to put votekick in a game is so you can let players harass other players. If it is supposed to be based on team damage or seconds afk there are automated systems that will be just as effective and remove the possibility for abuse or apathy.

@SlyGoat:

@sirmike:

and just now some homo votekicked me with reason “anti shield” yes people that is how redicilous this game get and to make it better 80% supported it.

Going by your attitude so far I would be willing to bet you know exactly why you’re being kicked.

The tone of your post, its so dismissive of a genuine problem.

Going by his attitude i’d say hes upset with a mechanic that is often misused and has generated numerous complaints from a wide variety of people. It is not even a system central to the game, just a method of dealing with afk/tkers

an ineffective method at that. Give an omnipotent unbiased autokick program control of such things, rather than the unwashed ignorant masses.

• Votekick is fine. OP needs anger management classes. JCash, I can’t believe you’d argue in favor of yet another buggy system in the game. No auto-kick is ever going to catch the griefers.
    If the community keeps votekicking you, it’s not because they ‘automatically hit yes’ - it’s because you’ve done something worth being voted out.
    It’s to the point now that I just assume every single person arguing against the votekick system is a jerk.

• If you dont think there is a problem with the votekick mechanic, the only possibly explanation is simply you’re not playing.

I witness pointless random kicks, kicks of the wrong person in an altercation, votes called against the top player on the enemy team, votekick wars, literally every single time I play the game.

Almost as much as i see purposeful tking go completely unpunished.

The community really is terrible.

@Tibberius:

The vote kicking complaints seem exaggerated to me, but perhaps I am not playing in the servers where it is worst.

Dismissive. I doubt as a dev or in int duels one would see much of a votekick problem.

Especially if you almost never play the game.

–---------------

personally, i play with chatbox off and rarely type, if i do type i’m trolling and plan on being kicked, its not a thing that bothers me except occasional kicks for being too good.

But i see it abused constantly, thats why people want it off their screen. Votes are called /all the time/ for absolutely no reason.

Its just dumb. Democracy doesn’t work, people are fickle, mean, or at absolute best apathetic, especially in anonymous situations with no repercussions to speak of.

Designed to fail and cause aggravation, this system is. Its the kind of thing that seems good for a second, then you stop and reconsider it, and just make it automated.

• Depending on the server and game mode, there is nothing wrong with having an auto TK kicker or forced into spec for a certain amount of time. There were a few servers in AOC that had a plugin that you could set the number of TKs allowed per playing session. Once that number was reached, you were kicked. The only problem was that the number of TKs would build up over time and you could get kicked for a few bad catapult shots. Still though, a auto TK kicker would be a nice plugin for the game that way you could just remove or limit the vote kick system.

On our servers I have opposite team allowed to kick, turned off so that a hyper sensitive loser cannot get pissed and vote kick the other team player is is kicking their ass. I also have the vote percentage for a successful kick to be 65% and all have to vote, making it a little harder to successfully kick a good player. Shitty players will easily get kicked. In turn I have the kick timer set to an hour so that they cannot come back after 5 mins. Sadly the kick timer is somewhat buggy, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.