[Poll] Chivalry 2 Genre

• So at some point Chivalry 2 will start. Question is what kind of Chivalry 2. They have a great solid system of exciting combat to build upon. A few options, I can add more.

1. More of the same. Stick to medieval, same base classes, just make everything even better.

2. King Arthur. Add some witches, wizards, assassins, but generally medieval.

3. Fantasy. Generic elves, dwarves, clerics, paladins, rangers etc.

4. Star wars. Jedi, sith, being careful with copyright but that genre.

5. Other. Describe below.

• More of the same imo. There are plenty of fantasy games out there, but not many that try and create a believable Medieval setting.

A mod or expansion that adds something like magic or changes the setting to a more Renaissance feel like what Mount and Blade did would be pretty interesting as well.

• On a serious note I would love a star wars or a samurai (something like the upcoming bushido mod) game.

• Mods.

• Pretty much the same, except they should put tenosians there.

• Please don’t add any fantasy crap.

• For Chivalry 2, more of the same.

However I think Chivalry 2 shouldn’t even be considered for many years yet. They should focus on polishing up this game, then when they’re ready to move on, do something completely different.

Look at what Mojang has done with the difference between Minecraft and Scrolls. Two great games, but completely different types. Same with Magicka and Showdown Effect by Arrowhead. I think TBS would gain a lot of valuable experience with working something different altogether.

And by then, technology should have moved on enough to make Chivalry 2 quite a badass concept. :D

• @BobT36:

And by then, technology should have moved on enough to make Chivalry 2 quite a badass concept. :D

I can almost gurantee you by the time Chivalry 2 is considered we’ll have some sick VR devices.

• @Del:

@BobT36:

I can almost gurantee you by the time Chivalry 2 is considered we’ll have some sick VR devices.

Check out this topic for more of that. :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14254

• As long as it’s using a modern engine, not something that was outdated 5 years ago, got horses and 256player support (epic battles) I’m satisfied.

Edit: being able to interract with teh enviorment would be interesting, for example kicking down a pile of rocks or chopping down a tree making it fall on someone and such.

• Chivalry has not been out a year, why are you talking about chivalry 2?

We’ve not even gotten our hands on the mod tools yet, there are still at least 2 large patches they’ll have to do, and there has been no DLC/expansions.

It makes as little sense to participate in this thread today as it would have the day after chiv was released.

• @JCash:

Chivalry has not been out a year, why are you talking about chivalry 2?

The game has reached its peak in terms of content beyond balancing, mod tools and perhaps a map or two.

I would imagine they are already brainstorming about their next project.

But as Bob says, perhaps a different project makes sense before a CMW 2.

• @gregcau:

So at some point Chivalry 2 will start. Question is what kind of Chivalry 2. They have a great solid system of exciting combat to build upon. A few options, I can add more.

1. More of the same. Stick to medieval, same base classes, just make everything even better.

2. King Arthur. Add some witches, wizards, assassins, but generally medieval.

3. Fantasy. Generic elves, dwarves, clerics, paladins, rangers etc.

4. Star wars. Jedi, sith, being careful with copyright but that genre.

5. Other. Describe below.

All through mods, but not in the main game, I pretend I am Guts, imagination ftw, you can be anything atm

• I want Chivalry 2 to be a Kart Racing game with Swordfighting elements. Except instead of swords you’ll use golf clubs. Actually, I just want a Golf Cart racing game. That should be Torn Banner’s next project.

• I honestely don’t care as long as the gameplay is good.

• Adding a fantasy element would suck. Sci-fi setting would end up being a shooter, rather than melee-based.

As far as medieval weapons go there’s really not much to add.

The only setting i think would be cool would be something far-eastern from the same time period or an ancient-world setting.

• @Ready:

Adding a fantasy element would suck. Sci-fi setting would end up being a shooter, rather than melee-based.

The only setting i think would be cool would be something far-eastern from the same time period or an ancient-world setting.

Savagery: Prehistoric Warfare

• @Del:

@Ready:

Adding a fantasy element would suck. Sci-fi setting would end up being a shooter, rather than melee-based.

I dont think they knew how to feint back then.

• @JCash:

@Del:

I dont think they knew how to feint back then.

Bahahahaha!

• Ahahaha, I voted Star Wars.

How are you so certain Chivalry 2 is already a thing?