Kickstarter for mods ?

• So obviously the TBS team has the fastest and best ability to create mods for the game. We already know there is a desire for various mods be it Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones etc.

So why doesn’t TBS figure out the cost of each mod and then do a kickstarter for them?

• @JCash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs

lol, well at this rate Bushido is the only mod we are going to see this year.

I would pay $5 for a good mod. I am sure many others would be a few dollars.

• @JCash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_-IoeSB-A

Great idea btw.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you meant funding community mod teams. Having the TBS team do it doesn’t make sense imo.

• Err, paying for MODS? Especially by the official team?

Can you imagine the fallout? The screaming of selling out and paid updates etc?

No, I don’t think this is a service TBS should go for. They should focus on polishing the base game first, and let other people make the random mods, maybe providing a bit of help here and there but that’s it.

Would be heavily against paying them for it, unless it came as some kind of massive expansion / DLC. Still though that should come wayyyy later.

• @BobT36:

Would be heavily against paying them for it, unless it came as some kind of massive expansion / DLC. Still though that should come wayyyy later.

I suppose an expansion would make more sense.

Honestly though I think a lot of people get bored with 5 TO maps, I know I want new maps and I don’t want to wait forever. I suppose I could pick up the UDK but I am software developer not a graphics guy and I would be slow to build a map unless there was some free repository of all the models and textures.

• Donating to mod teams makes more sense…

• @Daiyuki:

Donating to mod teams makes more sense…

If they can deliver

But yeah I would contribute to Bushido if they did a Kickstarter. Not precisely the mod I want but worth contributing towards.

• @gregcau:

@Daiyuki:

Donating to mod teams makes more sense…

If they can deliver

But yeah I would contribute to Bushido if they did a Kickstarter. Not precisely the mod I want but worth contributing towards.

How bout a matchmaking mod. Servers with that mod would all be linked and linked with stats, etc.

Perhaps a MM mod would be a misnomer. Could just make it in the form of a duel server, only with a specific mode. For example a 3v3 team vs another 3v3 team. Bla bla bla

More maps as well, obviously.

• Your idea is terrible. If you want to donate money to a mod team, contact the mod team and give them money. I’m sure they’ll accept it. This idea of yours is too constructed and just terrible.

Everything about it, from the incentive systems created to the very idea of paying for community mods. Good mods are made because people have a passion for something and want to create it, they’re a great deal less difficult to make than a whole game.

Wouldn’t pay for a mod, wouldnt want mods to start being something that gets funded. Basically you just want to give mod teams free money for no reason, which you can just /go do/.

Getting the TBS devs to do it doesnt make sense either.

And TBS /couldnt make/ a game of thrones, lotr, star wars mod. You fool.

• @JCash:

Wouldn’t pay for a mod,

JCash, you wouldn’t pay for your mother’s mod if it would save her life.

• He would, but only so he could hold it against her for the rest of her suffering filled life. :P

• Buff JCash’s Mum!

• Oi you three, the “don’t attack the poster, attack the argument” thing goes both ways.

No more against individual posters please, his argument / opinion was actually valid and on topic.

• Sorry greg, I get where you’re coming from but this is a terrible, terrible idea. Here’s a good idea: release the SDK.