Casual Stance

• Buttons 1 - 4 on the keyboard do what we know.

1 - Primary Weapon
    2 - Secondary Weapon
    3 - Special Item
    4 - Fist

I would like to see the addition of button 5 which would lower/sheath all weapons, allowing the player to stand casually with arms down by their sides. Pressing LMB while in casual stance would toggle between walk and run.

I see this useful for multiple things. I encourage you to speculate.

1. When playing in a “FFA Duel” server this will indicate which players aren’t entirely hostile or aren’t in a mood to fight, merely spectating without being an actual spectator.

2. This will be the gateway to performing emotes if added in the future.

3. I have a vision that fan made movies will be created with voice overs and storyline. (Even choreographed fights!)

• Not a bad idea.

But its a bitch load of work for the animator.

• I like it, actually me and one of my friends were planning on doing some very cinematic fights, though we have noone to record it 3rd person so it’ll end up being 1st person :/

Chaos.

Anything that would allow for more silliness! (Emotes!!)

• I do find situations where I’ve just wanted to stand casual and watch a fight with no weapon drawn. Pulling up your fists look more agressive than just standing still with a sword, so I don’t like switching to fists to show my wish of being passive. This would be a cool addition, especially for people making videos with story. The battlecry for being in casual stance could be applause or cheering or something, like if you watch two guys box and one guy wins, you could all applaude or cheer.

I also think that if people are standing idle, like they are AFK, there could be animations for that. Like a vanguard with a two-handed sword rests it on his shoulder and stuff like that. Of course, this is if you stand still for a while and not moving any controls except just looking around with the mouse.

• I’m trying to imagine how retarded an archer with casual stance would look sitting in a crouch and bobbing his head up and down really fast. There’s already lots of funny-looking animations in this game, let’s add more.

• I really like this, but as stated, more work for the poor lone animator.

@Del:

I like it, actually me and one of my friends were planning on doing some very cinematic fights, though we have noone to record it 3rd person so it’ll end up being 1st person :/

Chaos.

Anything that would allow for more silliness! (Emotes!!)

I can record whatever you want =p

• @Caliko:

I would like to see the addition of button 5 which would lower/sheath all weapons

I like it.

• It definitely would have improved this video:
    b05s3JawjIg

• @adamcel6:

It definitely would have improved this video:

I’ve never seen that video before, that was awesome =D

• @Daiyuki:

@adamcel6:

It definitely would have improved this video:

I’ve never seen that video before, that was awesome =D
    Yes, it is absolutely amazing. My favorite chivalry video, 2nd favorite being the “Behind closed doors” one. link.

• id like to see the sheat/unsheath option too.

• @Thorendir:

id like to see the sheat/unsheath option too.

Push 4?

• @lemonater47:

@Thorendir:

Push 4?

Read OP.

Sheathing the sword without having to stand with your fist clenched and body twitching, if you crouch down, it looks like you are taking a violent crap. Looks weird when you are trying to look non-hostile while watching a duel but instead you look like you’ve got attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

• You can’t be a gentleman if you look like you’re either having a seizure or violently crapping.

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

@Thorendir:

Push 4?

Read OP.

Sheathing the sword without having to stand with your fist clenched and body twitching, if you crouch down, it looks like you are taking a violent crap. Looks weird when you are trying to look non-hostile while watching a duel but instead you look like you’ve got attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Then you push 4 with the casual stance. It makes it easier to code and you need one less button to bind. So 4 to change to fists then push the casual button. Or if you are already in the casual stance just push 4.