I have no issue whatsoever with feints

• I have no problem with the system as it is. I’m rank 41 and I’ve never had much trouble dealing with feint spammers, as soon as I see someone doing it I whack them. Also, the only time I ever use them is when I’m up against someone who is block-spamming.

Feints, bugs and votekick abuse are the most common complaints for this game. I’ve stated countless time that automated systems are a much better way of removing undesireable players. The bugs can be annoying but sometimes they can actually help (I’ve had bugs make me invisible and give me infinite throwing axes!). But feints never bothered me…

• You’re not the only one - im in a similar boat, not overly bothered by them. I do believe its the loudest minority that prefers to whine in the forums rather than play the game because they hate the game… but thats me.

But then, threads like this… bit of a waste of time. We’ve always known that theres people vehemently against feints - and then theres everyone else who doesnt really care. But threads like this… :P

• they arent an issue, im lucky to see 1 feint a week lol
    i dnt even have a key bound for it
    i mean really did we buy this game to fake swing?
    or fucking roll heads, im sure we all bought it to chop ppl up and not fake swing.
    no offense but fake swinging are for pussys, imo.

• Feints themselves are fine.
    It’s the bugs associated with feints, not the mechanic. Those are mostly latency related (which does make it hard to ‘like’ feint).

Combo-feint-parry now … :x

• Swapping to an automated kick system only changes what the flaws are it doesn’t eliminate the flaws.

• I agree 100%, feints were a big part of real swordplay and it has great utility in-game. Most whom are against feints and want them removed think like gamers, not swordsmen. The just want twitched-based gameplay where you don’t have to think. They probably don’t like playing chess either.

I have personally witnessed rank 40’s fighting and NOT falling for feints. heck, even I can anticipate a feint if my opponent’s body language is obvious enough.

• Feint spammers are less of an issue than those that feint without spamming it.

I don’t think you can really reliably anticipate a feint, you are still just plain guessing, usually based on previous encounters with the player. Someone who feint spams is more predictable.

It may well be a part of real swordplay but in-game it doesn’t play out like that. In real swordplay you aren’t restricted to rigid timings and speeds.

• @AngryDave:

Feint spammers are less of an issue than those that feint without spamming it.

I don’t think you can really reliably anticipate a feint, you are still just plain guessing, usually based on previous encounters with the player. Someone who feint spams is more predictable.

It may well be a part of real swordplay but in-game it doesn’t play out like that. In real swordplay you aren’t restricted to rigid timings and speeds.

I’ve encountered plenty of players with cat-like reflexes who NEVER fall for feints. And most of the time feints dont work against me because i prefer to use good footwork to avoid getting hit, rather than block.

• @Ready:

@AngryDave:

I’ve encountered plenty of players with cat-like reflexes who NEVER fall for feints. And most of the time feints dont work against me because i prefer to use good footwork to avoid getting hit, rather than block.

Show me a player who never falls for feints. I want to meet this person.

• @Ready:

@AngryDave:

No, you’ve encountered decent players who are used to blocking at the last moment, which is sufficient to read and defend against terribly performed amateur feints.

No one on earth is capable of reacting to properly executed feints. Even cats cannot.

• No, you’ve encountered decent players who are used to blocking at the last moment, which is sufficient to read and defend against terribly performed amateur feints.

No one on earth is capable of reacting to properly executed feints. Even cats cannot.

Thank the lord for the Radiant, always one step ahead of me in refuting idiotic threads made by idiotic people who are convinced that they are ‘special’ and can read and react to feints while everyone else is just a bunch of ‘whiners’.

You can’t react to a properly executed feint. It’s physically impossible.

• Presuming that you are referring directly to me, given that I used the word ‘whining’ …

I believe theres plenty of whining and whinging and bitching and moaning going on about feints, ALL the time - its horribly boring, and its boring reading about it time after time.

I definitely dont think they’re readable/reactable to by eye, and I think they are in dire need of tweaking down - definitely. But feints arnt the game breaking, skill gap closing ‘win’ mechanic that the forums’d have you believe.

Its my opinion, and I’ve already said too much by fuelling yet another one of these boring boring push-pull threads.

• @Triumphant:

fueling yet another one of these boring boring push-pull threads.

agreed!