Weapon talk : Two-handed swords

• Two-handed swords are only available for Vanguards. Those three weapons are considerable the most versatile weapon for Vanguards due to high Swing, Stab and Speed.

Greatsword

! Greatsword
    ! Attack style, Damage, Type, Force, Windup, Combo, Release, Recovery and W+R+R.
    ! Attack1 : 80 Cut F: 300 = 0.5/0.65/0.6/0.8 = 1.9
    ! Attack2 : 90 Cut F: 300 = 0.5/0.65/0.6/0.85 = 1.95
    ! Attack3 : 70 Pierce F: 300 = 0.7/0.75/0.45/0.9 = 2.05
    ! Reach : 69
    ! Fact : Both Attack1 and Attack2 one hit kills Archers to head.

Claymore

! Claymore
    ! Attack style, Damage, Type, Force, Windup, Combo, Release, Recovery and W+R+R.
    ! Attack1 : 60 Cut F: 300 = 0.475/0.625/0.45/0.7 = 1.625
    ! Attack2 : 70 Cut F: 300 = 0.475/0.625/0.45/0.7 = 1.625
    ! Attack3 : 65 Pierce F: 300 = 0.55/0.625/0.4/0.7 = 1.65
    ! Reach : 62
    ! Fact :

Zweihander

! Zweihander
    ! Attack1 : 90 Cut F: 200 = 0.65/0.8/0.65/0.9 = 2.2
    ! Attack2 : 115 Cut F: 320 = 0.6/0.825/0.6/0.95 = 2.15
    ! Attack3 : 70 Pierce F: 320 = 0.7/0.8/0.5/0.8 = 2
    ! Reach : 75
    ! Fact : One hit kills Archers to body and One hit kills Man-at arms to head.
    Balance discussion.

Weapon damage value dedicated for the weapon talk threads can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=82

Weapon talk : URL Threads
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14535

Up to date change suggestions:
    Date: None

! None

• ! they suck

• No, they don’t. People using them unwisely suck. In fact, I think they’re good as they are. Greatsword is well balanced, Claymore is faster but less powerful and Zweihander is pure power/reach but is slooow. Besides, maybe the Claymore should be a little faster……

• @Junanagou:

No, they don’t. People using them unwisely suck. In fact, I think they’re good as they are. Greatsword is well balanced, Claymore is faster but less powerful and Zweihander is pure power/reach but is slooow. Besides, maybe the Claymore should be a little faster……

If you really like the greatsword/claymore then I have to ask why you’re not playing longsword / sow for knight unless you really like kiting, having less hp and a power attack that gets you killed.

The only other sword is the zweihander, the one that’s underpowered and so slow you can be hit between combos. Hoorah.

• FYI, Greatsword LMB 1 hits Archer in the torso.

Yes, it does. Test it if you don’t belive me, and then add that information into the ‘‘facts’’, please.

• Dont see the need for changes here.

• Greatsword is pretty wonky imo, I don’t know whether the animations are to blame or what, but it’s alt slash and stab are incredibly elusive in that they always seem to sail by most players parries.

• @-Thylacine-:

FYI, Greatsword LMB 1 hits Archer in the torso.

Yes, it does. Test it if you don’t belive me, and then add that information into the ‘‘facts’’, please.

It doesn’t

• I feel that they’re quite balanced, the only thing that disturbs me is that an archer dies by a slash as well, overhead to the body sure, slash to the head sure, slash to the body. . . na.

• They are not balanced, any competitive player know the greatsword is completely superior to the other two handed swords.

• @Xylvion:

I feel that they’re quite balanced, the only thing that disturbs me is that an archer dies by a slash as well, overhead to the body sure, slash to the head sure, slash to the body. . . na.

?
    This is not the case. The only 1HKs for archers are headshots (slash with GSword/zwei, OH with claymore), and body shots with the zwei overhead. Zwei slash will not 1hit archer in the torso.

buff my zwei plz

• @Josh:

@-Thylacine-:

It doesn’t

Trusty TBs charts

How about you actually go in-game and test it? Like I actually did?

• @-Thylacine-:

@Josh:

@-Thylacine-:

It doesn’t

Trusty TBs charts

How about you actually go in-game and test it? Like I actually did?

You must have hit their buckler or pavise, which is bugged and counts as headshot damage, bodyshots do 80 damage

• Josh is right, and this is coming from someone who uses the Greatsword all day long.

• Greatsword LMB only 1 hits Archers from Head hits, not Torso hits.

Also, that is not a TB chart :P

• @KILLBANDS:

@Junanagou:

No, they don’t. People using them unwisely suck. In fact, I think they’re good as they are. Greatsword is well balanced, Claymore is faster but less powerful and Zweihander is pure power/reach but is slooow. Besides, maybe the Claymore should be a little faster……

If you really like the greatsword/claymore then I have to ask why you’re not playing longsword / sow for knight unless you really like kiting, having less hp and a power attack that gets you killed.

The only other sword is the zweihander, the one that’s underpowered and so slow you can be hit between combos. Hoorah.

Yeah. Play a Knight. Its much easier to play. You can make more mistakes aka take more hits and two shot every class. Their weapons are even faster than vans with more power… -,-

• The only LMB that 1 shots an archer in the torso for the Greatsword is the sprint attack “lmb”.

• The Zweihander is my weapon of choice and it is rare when I am not at the top of the map with kills. Look me up on steam and look at my screenshots of my end game scores.

If you want more tips reply to this.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 … reenshots/ PROOF

The whole arguement about using a longsword over a great sword is stupid, you only take into account the weapons and not the speed and movement advantage of being a vanguard.

• @Sir:

Yeah. Play a Knight. Its much easier to play. You can make more mistakes aka take more hits and two shot every class. Their weapons are even faster than vans with more power… -,-

More power???

• I think the Claymore is in a odd position right now. In gameplay terms there is nothing wrong about it. Its not too fast even if some people like to believe it. In fact its only slightly faster the the Sword of War but trades some damage for it. As a Vanguard weapon it has some additional reach and slightly higher average DPS which is okay.

What really bugs me is the fact that a Claymore (weight > 2 kg) is faster (= lighter/shorter) and less powerful (= lighter) than the average Longsword (weight ~1,5 kg). Thats just wrong to me. So I suggest that either both the Claymore and the Greatsword (for differentiation) get a speed nerf and a damage boost (less significant for the Greatsword) or both switch numbers (“Greatsword” is a more general term and might refer to a lighter twohanded sword while “Claymore” refers to the big scottish sword above 2 kg weight).

The Zweihänder is nice as it is: a massive sword with a powerful overhead attack and good reach but with a weaker slash and stab (justified by its sheer mass).