Realistic terrain

• Since theres no reason to ever not run in combat I thought this might be an interesting idea:

How about implementing easy and difficult terrain? The easy one (streets, grassland…) would be like it is now, while on the difficult one (woods, rocks…) youd have a chance of stumbeling when running or moving backwards (not sure about strafing, the moving back sounds logical but could be left out if you think thats too much).

Stumble would stop sprint and change your view direction randomly (but not by too much). It could also cancel your attack, but not sure about this one.

• What are you?

Drunk?

• That would be too much for this game.
    It would add only some random effect in a fight where it would soon get really annoying I think.

• @Ravengrim:

it would soon get really annoying I think.

very soon

• @Ravengrim:

It would add only some random effect in a fight where it would soon get really annoying I think.

The point was that you could easily avoid this effect by not sprinting.

Maybe its just me but I enjoy every fight that is not all about running around like a headless chicken…

• I enjoy every fight that is not all about running around like a headless chicken…

They should make sprinting cost stamina. I mean, if you hold a shield up for too long your stamina will decrease. Sprinting in full plate armour does not… :?

• @Ravengrim:

I enjoy every fight that is not all about running around like a headless chicken…

They should make sprinting cost stamina. I mean, if you hold a shield up for too long your stamina will decrease. Sprinting in full plate armour does not… :?

You think that’s bad? You used to be able to regenerate stamina WHILE sprinting. If they made sprinting use stamina though, that would just make getting to fights take longer, make fights slower and more drawn-out, and make you even more vulnerable in-between fights. Sprinting pauses stamina regen, which is enough.

• You both have a point imo. Outside of fights its fine, while in a fight you wont regen anyway so therees no disadvantage.

Heres a fix: Attacking while sprinting should cost extra stamina, not much since its needed for shorter weapons, but enough to hurt those running around like crazy.