64 Player Support and Archer Nerf

• 64 Player Support

A problem with really feeling like the battlefield was active and populated in Age Of Chivalry was the sheer number of players. In the movies you’ll always see the main characters battling it out with at least 20 other pairs doing they’re thing in the background, sadly I’ve never had a game feel like such in AoC. Especially on siege (I think its siege, the map with the bomb cart and castle?) where there is large open areas sitting there untouched. I feel that 64 player support (something unreal comes pre-packaged with to my understanding) would fit AoC wonderfully.

Archer Nerf

I know you guys probably got something planned already, but please make people who want to play an archer do so at range, not 10 ft away. It gets rather annoying to have half your/the enemy team be Javilineers and Crossbowmen.

• archers were fine in AoC, people just didn’t want to spend the time to learn to play longbow, which is probably one of the best classes in the game when played properly, and there’s already a thread about server size :)

• Where? I searched twice and didn’t find anything except my thread. Also, I was talking about giving them more of an advantage at close range, maybe knife/daggers only.

• Developer

We would love to be able to scale up the battlefields a fair amount from age of chivalry to give players the opportunity to experience more full-scale combat, but it may not be possible depending upon the load of the game on modern hardware. It is something we plan to put a lot of effort into, and its possible that we could make video options that would enable players to play at such large scales with reduced visuals, but to be totally honest we haven’t begun to look into this yet as we are not quite that far along in development at the moment.

Archers will play much differently than in Age of Chivalry, the development team is very much aware of the “shotgunning” that took place in aoc and we have many plans to change up the tactics available to archers to promote longer ranged combat.

• @Tibberius:

We would love to be able to scale up the battlefields a fair amount from age of chivalry to give players the opportunity to experience more full-scale combat, but it may not be possible depending upon the load of the game on modern hardware. It is something we plan to put a lot of effort into, and its possible that we could make video options that would enable players to play at such large scales with reduced visuals, but to be totally honest we haven’t begun to look into this yet as we are not quite that far along in development at the moment.

Archers will play much differently than in Age of Chivalry, the development team is very much aware of the “shotgunning” that took place in aoc and we have many plans to change up the tactics available to archers to promote longer ranged combat.

I was thinking some kind of special ability for the archer to be able to change the trajectory of the arrow to the left or to the right slightly. This would assist in making those really long range shots longbowmen are meant to make, an ability like this of course would give some kind of hindrance like reduced damage resistance or no secondary weapon…or both. Then again I don’t know if its your teams style to delve into the whole “perks and abilities” thing.