Teamkilling & griefing

• On the european servers there is this clan called †VOID† and whenever they are on the server they teamkill and grief their team. Not all of them though. To be specific it’s †VOID† homa and †VOID† D.J.I.H.A.D. Some proof: http://youtu.be/VxtL-Wd8qGg

Since there is only one active european server basicly, the game got unplayable for me last night due to these guys teamkilling me. They were laughing about it and saying “BETA you do what you want”. The entire server was telling them to stop but they just kept on doing it.

Since you cant type the symbol † in the console - it was also impossible to start a votekick against them.

There really needs to be a working type of system for votekicking or guys like this will ruin everything for everybody on the server. How do you devs/admins look at griefing in the beta? Obvious repeated griefing like this should cause them to lose their beta access in my opinion. They dont contribute anything.

• They’re Russian. Just forward them some vodka and play while they’re passed out.

• Developer

We are going to make the votekick system easy to use against people regardless of their names. Obviously this kind of stuff is what destroys communities so we want to make sure server populations can properly defend themselves from people out to ruin the game experience.

• Make an ingame prison for griefers like in cs 1.6 ;)

• We have play with ARN of Void, and yeah, who is this dumb ass ?

http://i.imgur.com/dM31T.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/pBmfD.jpg

Impossible to play properly…

• Ban them i say!

• Lol, crying about a single teamkill on the beta forums… And you even recorded a video.
    You must be a very, very sad person.

• I agree with these guys. Just ban them now, when we don’t have the easier votekick system.

Overall almost everyone are apologizing when accidently killing a teammate and I think that is how it should be. Dying by a teammate is fine by me as long as they say “sorry” and it won’t happen again.

It is hilarious how mens with their big swords come and swing, but they do more damage to their own kind than the enemy. :D

@D.J.I.H.A.D:

Lol, crying about a single teamkill on the beta forums… And you even recorded a video.
    You must be a very, very sad person.

Killing teammates just for fun and laughing at it.
    You must be a very, very idiot person.

• And what did you expected after calling us “russian monkeys” and saying that we shouldnt play the game because of high ping? Racist assholes. Dont know about others but i only tk’ed this guy at the video, because he was a douchebag, telling shit about us all time we played with him.
    And also, this is beta, right? Everything should be tested? If so, teamkilling is a part of the game and should be tested too.

• @D.J.I.H.A.D:

And also, this is beta, right? Everything should be tested? If so, teamkilling is a part of the game and should be tested too.

What a pathetic excuse for teamkilling.
    TKs happen, there is no need to test something like that and what exactly do you think you gain from TK tests? “Let’s test if TKs work! Oh, they do, so let’s just continue doing TKs and see if this changes if I kill enough players of my own team!”

• Yea, there was also a guy named wrath - RIP smokey or something like that flaming like crazy on me.
    Everytime I killed him he screamed “noob” or “cunt” or “fucker” and that I was exploiting glitches, that my english sucked and so on.
    Also everytime I took cover or ran around him to a better position he started screaming “cunt” and “you fucking chicken”.
    I was also a “noob” because I used the stab.

• I wouldn’t worry too much about insults, especially not after killing someone. It just means they’re butthurt. That makes killing them actually even more fun.

• Russians…

• @D.J.I.H.A.D:

And what did you expected after calling us “russian monkeys” and saying that we shouldnt play the game because of high ping? Racist assholes. Dont know about others but i only tk’ed this guy at the video, because he was a douchebag, telling shit about us all time we played with him.

I never called you anything, nor am I a racist. I didnt speak to you until you started teamkilling me and even when you did I never said anything “mean”. The only thing I pointed out was that you teamkilled me.

You are simply making stuff up because you’re scared of the consequences your actions might bring.

When I told you to stop teamkilling you said horrible stuff about my mother among other things (like ‘american pig’, even though I am from northern europe). I can upload the entire video or screenshot what you said if that’s what you want. I only uploaded a short clip to prove that I wasnt lying and so that the upload would be fast.

Teamkilling is possible. We know that - what is it you’re “testing”? While in-game you said that you were teamkilling because it was fun.

I get that this thread might be locked now but at least now they have your IP and forum-user if they decide to ban you. I will continue recording tonight. Maybe we will see eachother again? The reason why I am recording you is that I cant votekick you. Other people that want to try the game out and actually be good betatesters wont get the chance to do so when you ruin their game.

The one thing that your behavior “contributes” is the increased need of a working votekicking system so that we can get rid of you without having to contact admins or moderators.

• TKing is pathetic at the ‘best’ of times, but to do so in a new, fledgling community is just terrible and a sure way to kill it off before it even starts. I don’t think that’s what you want, although maybe you were given a beta key for free and don’t give a crap. Either way, shame on you.

There was TKers in a few matches last night by someone who changed their name to other people’s, too. I think it was ‘Player’ + a bunch of numbers, but that might have been some poor person they were aping. It happened over and over again.

The problem with votekick, which was used, multiple times, is they simply logged back in. It literally took them fifteen seconds, so there needs to be a way we can voteban. Not a ban that is perma, because that’s a complete abuse, but a ban that kicks people for an hour or so. Now, the ban criteria has to be very strict or it’ll be abused; something like 75% of the players have to agree or something.

But back to this thread in-particular, if you don’t like what people write - and people really can be shits at times, I agree - then either ignore them or find a different server. Griefing the whole team, even if it’s just targeting that one user, messes it up for everyone.

Edit: Reading the above and watching the video it seems you might have just done it for the lols (“AHAHA LOOOOOL”). Again I repeat: shame on you. We don’t need that kind of player here.

• Oh the butt agony. But jokes aside, we’re gonna have a serious talk about that “accident”, and hopefully it wont occur again.
    Then again, our guys won’t usually TA/TK unless you did/said something wrong(note that “usually”).

• Sure, whatever.

• @hacksecks:

Sure, whatever.

• Mike already locked a thread about VOID teamkilling because he foresaw that the discussion wasn’t going anywhere useful, and this thread has proven his instinct correct.

Please, keep discussions on these boards civil. Even over something like griefing, there’s no reason to result to insults, let alone offhand racism just because the clan in question happens to be Russian. GABBER stated he’ll look into the issue, so let’s just take him at his word for now and let it rest.

And GABBER, I hope you do deal with anyone in your clan who may be griefing, because it will not reflect well on you if it continues, let alone on VOID.