Nothing changed

• Since the doomsday of I forgot when it was this game got literally fucked up with billions of bugs and idiotic mechanics.
    I still have the feeling im playing the exactly version of the doompatch. Well, it IS the same.
    I have yet to find a tweak/fix that actually FIXED something. The only thing I noticed for months now is that ghost swings are very rare now. It still happens, but not as much. Congrats TBS, if it received a 100% fix I would give you 10k cash instantly. Because that would be an actual work.
    I wont go deeper, as any player who played launch version should know how it really was.
    TBS, youve got a huge ass fixing road before you. I cant believe that you ever fix the game to a better state. Im sadly not able to get back that golden feeling the game had once. Those dollars which the game fully deserved are neglected by a long time now. 6 - max 9 dollars would fit for this game to get a prototype of medieval meele combat.
    Or better a f2p model to get players. But that would need some sort of armor costumization if you wanted plenty cash and no piece of p2w features. Or you could directly go p2w but that would mean a dead playerbase.
    The content you delivered was great, but the tweaks you made were worse than somy bloody dirrhea at two in the morning

• Your list of outstanding bugs not fixed in Beta matches your username.

If there are billions - which really is a large number. How about you put your top ten. Or maybe you really dont actually play the game.

Probably a Mount and Blade developer who is getting worried.

• @gregcau:

Your list of outstanding bugs not fixed in Beta matches your username.

If there are billions - which really is a large number. How about you put your top ten. Or maybe you really dont actually play the game.

Probably a Mount and Blade developer who is getting worried.

Probably. Mount and Blade for that matter is known for being the worst medieval game in the history of online gaming.

• I played M&B once.

• Hate to break up the circlejerk but…

5,174 6,390 Mount & Blade: Warband - Barely has free weekands or sales anymore. Not to mention it is an older game with “shitty” graphics. The game imo is considered dead even with those player numbers.

2,977 3,066 Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Is on sale like the shit is going out of fashion…sold like gangbusters and has loss a lot of potential players.

If M&B is pure shit what does that make Chivalry?

• @MUSASHI:

The combat is crap, but a lot of people like RPG and larger battles.

• @gregcau:

@MUSASHI:

The combat is crap, but a lot of people like RPG and larger battles.

The combat is crap in Chivalry too to an extent….

It’s your opinion but the fact of the matter is M&B is doing better than Chivalry for a variety of reasons. All of which are opinions too but the numbers tell the tale.

• @MUSASHI:

The combat is crap in Chivalry too to an extent….

I think we all know your feelings of Chivalry.

• Not to mention the biggest bug that was fixed… the alt animation swing bug…

But, if they fixed that much sooner, I would imagine there would be a lot less frustrated players that would have left.

• Theres pretty much more people playing the outdated football manager 2012 at this very moment than mount&blade and chiv put together. Theres a similar number playing fucking Modern Warfare 2s multiplayer. Ill remind you that the venerable MW2 was famous for its balanced and refined multiplayer gameplay (hah).

What do these numbers mean?!

Nothing.

To hit the other point, chiv is a multiplayer only game - with fairly limited maps and modes, whilst already being something of a niche/cult game. Single player is a big deal in games. And chiv? It wont interest everyone by nature of what it IS. I know plenty of people that just dont care for the idea of running around with swords as a competitive multiplayer game, for anything longer than a quick blast for a laugh.

And PC gamers are a members of a horribly dying community anyway. Numbers will continue to dwindle…

• I like how the OP mentions that the game has million sod bugs and only mentions one that’s fixed.

Everyone does this. I wonder if he will list the bugs that are bugging him.

• The PC gaming industry is growing despite falling desktop sales…

http://www.techspot.com/news/52070-pc-game-sales-hit-20-billion-last-year-no-signs-of-slowing.html

• @simonhoxer:

The PC gaming industry is growing despite falling desktop sales…

http://www.techspot.com/news/52070-pc-game-sales-hit-20-billion-last-year-no-signs-of-slowing.html

Custom built.

• The launch version did seem a lot less jittery, less ghosting, more stable. The server browser didnt work so you rarely got to enjoy the better gameplay. no alt swings let you know what direction to rotate away from your opponent in a fight and the average skill level of all players was fairly low.

Game was much more fun. If you found some way of actually joining a server.

And really, are people talking smack about mount and blade? I mean, come on. Those living in glass houses with forgettable B-quality melee games shouldnt throw stones at a legendary gem in the genre. Older but still has more players, low quality graphics but it lets the game handle huge 200+ battles. Horses, a huge variety of weapons, sandbox single player mode, thousands of mods.

Incredibly difficult skill based combat.

I mean lets not fool ourselves here.

• @JCash:

Those living in glass houses with forgettable B-quality melee games shouldnt throw stones at a legendary gem in the genre. Older but still has more players, low quality graphics but it lets the game handle huge 200+ battles. Horses, a huge variety of weapons, sandbox single player mode, thousands of mods.

I agree, totally different games, really can’t compare.

Chivalry is just an arcade game right JCash ;)

• @JCash:

The launch version did seem a lot less jittery, less ghosting, more stable. The server browser didnt work so you rarely got to enjoy the better gameplay. no alt swings let you know what direction to rotate away from your opponent in a fight and the average skill level of all players was fairly low.

Game was much more fun. If you found some way of actually joining a server.

And really, are people talking smack about mount and blade? I mean, come on. Those living in glass houses with forgettable B-quality melee games shouldnt throw stones at a legendary gem in the genre. Older but still has more players, low quality graphics but it lets the game handle huge 200+ battles. Horses, a huge variety of weapons, sandbox single player mode, thousands of mods.

Incredibly difficult skill based combat.

I mean lets not fool ourselves here.

I play mount and blade becuase of the mods and singleplayer. I bought it because of the napoleonic wars expansion.

And there was ghosting at release and the game was pretty much equal in jitteriness. As it was new we didn’t know any better and how everything was supposed to work. No one knew the tricks an everyone pretty much played the same.

And many times in mout an blade spamming LMB and moving you mouse around crazily wins. And mount and blade isn’t freindly on new players. Good players get the good shit. There is no balance whatsoever.

And with the server browser, it only broke when you refreshed it more than once. And the occasionally time when it didn’t show serers for no reason. 70% of the time you could easily get into a server.

If you like mount and blade multiplayer so much why don’t you play that game and talk in their forums.

• @gregcau:

Chivalry is just an arcade game right JCash ;)

JCasherlang*

• Wonder whats happened to dear old panzerlang

• Chivalrys combat system is miles ahead of mount&blade lol

• Mount & Blades combat system and vanilla combat are terrible, the only reason it’s still alive is because of it’s extensive list of mods. Honestly, to even think Mount & Blade is better than Chivalry is like saying pong is better than shadow of the colossus.

As far as ‘nothing changing’, the dev team just recently moved into a physical studio, so they haven’t had a huge amount of time to do nothing but work. Assuming this isn’t just a troll thread.

Which it probably is.