PLEASE make team damage to kings reflective only!!!

• I’m getting fed up with this new craze of deliberatly teamkilling/wounding kings. About 3/5 games i play on SH and cit i see greifers attack the king and bring his health way down. Yes, they get kicked but that doesn’t return the hit points they’ve taken. Attacking the king seems to be the greifers new tool of choice and it’s just getting way out of hand. It should be mirror damage only when you attack the king. This BS just makes it way to easy for one or two greifers to ruin everyones fun.

• I’ll be honest, if it was my call, I’d make it so that hitting the King causes you to play deflect and deal no damage (so like hitting a wall), but Kings can hurt teammates as normal. Some people will argue otherwise, but at the end of the day, it’s not about catering to the strongest opinion, but dealing with the issue the players are having, and I’ve seen it a lot and even been a victim of griefers myself when I’m King in public.

• @Martin:

I’ll be honest, if it was my call, I’d make it so that hitting the King causes you to play deflect and deal no damage (so like hitting a wall), but Kings can hurt teammates as normal. Some people will argue otherwise, but at the end of the day, it’s not about catering to the strongest opinion, but dealing with the issue the players are having, and I’ve seen it a lot and even been a victim of griefers myself when I’m King in public.

Maybe as default server option for pubs? I don’t think it’s really that necessary.

• Well it’s not like you very often see teammates hitting the King in competitive play, in fact, I’d go as far as saying out of around 200 scrims I’ve either been in or watched, there’s probably been no more than 2 FF incidents on the King and a grand total of 0 has lead to Mason victory by an Agathian. This is really just an issue unique to public play. Another way to look at it is that you can’t damage your own destructibles in all other cases; the Agathians can’t damage their own peasants or barricades, so why should they be able to damage their own King? The deflect will be punishing enough I feel.

• @Martin:

Well it’s not like you very often see teammates hitting the King in competitive play, in fact, I’d go as far as saying out of around 200 scrims I’ve either been in or watched, there’s probably been no more than 2 FF incidents on the King and a grand total of 0 has lead to Mason victory by an Agathian. This is really just an issue unique to public play. Another way to look at it is that you can’t damage your own destructibles in all other cases; the Agathians can’t damage their own peasants or barricades, so why should they be able to damage their own King? The deflect will be punishing enough I feel.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Making it deflect is probably slightly better, just because if it’s no damage - like team damage on peasants - it encourages frenzied swinging by the defenders which they can do without fear of damaging the king. So I would be in favour of deflect.

• Imo, best way to deal with it is to give the king a kick option whenever he get dmged by his teammates.

• All I do is play pub TO. And, I’m yet to see any intentional king griefing, that being said I am usually playing for the attacking team. And, as an avid attacker, I love charging at some random agathian guy on one of the flanks and striking him, then suddenly changing direction, jumping from the balcony at the last moment and making a beeline for the king through a couple more of clueless defenders. Once I’ve reached him I can use to my advantage that half of the defenders will doubt attacking me for the fear of hitting the king, the other half being lmb spammers that do most of my job for me. Putting reflective damage on him would make this strategy mostly useless.

If it was me, I would also enable damage on the peasants and barricades for the defending team, it’s just common sense and would make the game much more fun. For instance, countless times I would be breaking down the cave barricades to the queen’s family, when suddenly an agathian would pop out and start attacking me, I would continue attacking the barricades, while at the same time trying to dodge the agathians attacks and at least half of his strikes would hit the barricades. I do believe those kind of misses should be penalized by affecting the barricades to some degree. Obviously, griefing is a big concern here, I just wish it could be kept under control some other way.

• I swear the OP is lying.

I don’t see this happen and I play on the same servers.

In fact I’ve never seen the OP in game.

• @lemonater47:

I swear the OP is lying.

I dont have much reason to lie do i? What is your in-game name?

• I’d vote for Reflective damage rather than deflective for Kings. Solves any teammates being arses, and also prevents people swinging wildly.

• Equally, if I was in a particularly nasty mood - and became king, surely I’d then be able to run around murdering my teammates with impunity, as they cant do anything but kill themselves on my magic reflective death-coat, or run. It’d be great fun for me, i’d be in stitches as my poor, beleaguered teammates angrily type offensive things at me. Thats pretty much what would happen (every one in a hundred games, just like how often TKing kings happens) if this change was implemented.

Am I wrong in my assessment of this?

Equally on that point, i’ve played a fair few games and I think i’ve seen a king deliberately attacked by teammates ONCE. Its not a big deal. Dicks will be dicks, its not that ‘out of hand’

Its not possible to remove all potential gameplay aspects that can be exploited by cunts, especially teamkilling.

• I have seen it plenty of times in pubs.

Seems to make sense to make 0 damage from teammates to king and make it a server option, and turn it on for the pub servers.

• @Ready:

@lemonater47:

I swear the OP is lying.

Same as my forum name.

• @lemonater47:

@Ready:

@lemonater47:

I swear the OP is lying.

Same as my forum name.

I’ll holler next time i see you

• @Triumphant:

Equally, if I was in a particularly nasty mood - and became king, surely I’d then be able to run around murdering my teammates with impunity, as they cant do anything but kill themselves on my magic reflective death-coat, or run. It’d be great fun for me, i’d be in stitches as my poor, beleaguered teammates angrily type offensive things at me. Thats pretty much what would happen (every one in a hundred games, just like how often TKing kings happens) if this change was implemented.

Am I wrong in my assessment of this?

Equally on that point, i’ve played a fair few games and I think i’ve seen a king deliberately attacked by teammates ONCE. Its not a big deal. Dicks will be dicks, its not that ‘out of hand’

Its not possible to remove all potential gameplay aspects that can be exploited by cunts, especially teamkilling.

Definitely disagree - some kings might do that, but you have to play hard and (depending on the server) reasonably well to become the king. Becoming king is an investment and players usually want to win the game. A king who runs around murdering his teammates will quickly find himself wrecked by the other team. Griefers and trolls are usually poor players, and I have had people attack me as the king because they wanted the spot.

The king should by default take 50% less damage from teammates, the remaining 50% reflected onto the offender. This way, players will still need to be careful around him, but he won’t be excessively punished for grouping near them. Whenever I am king, I often find myself forced to run from my teammates as my vanguards frantically slash at charging assassins. Citadel is particularly bad, as the narrow spaces and open-ended throne room design means Malric usually has to rely on his teammates for protection, rather than funneling players into a net as the Agathian king can do.

• Why are you all so in love with reflective dmg?

Id hate having some magical bullshit in the game when I feel the problem can be solved in another way.

Is there a downside I dont see to the king beeing able to kick teammates who dmg him?

• @Towe:

Why are you all so in love with reflective dmg?

Id hate having some magical bullshit in the game when I feel the problem can be solved in another way.

Is there a downside I dont see to the king beeing able to kick teammates who dmg him?

Running in front of a teammate’s swing to kick them automatically. Unless you mean a votekick, at which point just do it manually…?

Any time I have been griefed by someone I have either defended myself by killing them outright and then votekicking or blocked endlessly until someone else kills them and/or votekicks them for me (since I am King and thus surrounded by like 8 other teammates who can plainly see what the griefer is doing). Never have I been continuously harassed, probably longest was about 3-4 respawns from the same guy who was just kicking me over and over and then started attacking me after I killed him in self-defense (since being kicked drains my stam and does 5 damage; he seemed unaware of that and stopped when I said that to him after he asked why I TK’d him xD).

• Yep reflective damage to penalize wild swings. I only play public servers, iv been king like 10 times and tked by team switching enemies twice.

a purposely tking king will die soon and is very unlikely… And can be votekicked.

Also like I suggested we should disallow manual team switching right before the king stage and on the king stage if there is no reflective dmg.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Yep reflective damage to penalize wild swings. I only play public servers, iv been king like 10 times and tked by team switching enemies twice.

a purposely tking king will die soon and is very unlikely… And can be votekicked.

Also like I suggested we should disallow manual team switching right before the king stage and on the king stage if there is no reflective dmg.

It takes 12 freindly great sword overheads to kill the king.

You gotta be a damn stupid king to die just of your own team.

• @Daiyuki:

Running in front of a teammate’s swing to kick them automatically. Unless you mean a votekick, at which point just do it manually…?

If youre worried that the king griefs reflective dmg wouldnt help either…

At least the kick ability doesnt destroy games where everyone is playing as hes supposed to be.

As for the teamswitch I agree, and not only in king scenarios. Imo switching teams should be limited to once per match. I hate those people so much that switch to the winning team over and over again.