Flanged Mace. A.K.A. Mace

• All I’m going to say is this weapon sucks. It needs a buff vs. MAA to be able to 2 shot them, also, why in the world is the slash damage the same as overhead? I should get a damage bonus on overhead because it’s harder to land than slash. Anyone who agrees or disagrees please say so.

One last thing. The description of the weapon says it’s stronger than broad. Well I wonder why it cant two shot MAA’s then :.

• It will be able to two shot Knights in the head next beta.

• @BB:

It will be able to two shot Knights in the head next beta.

I don’t wanna two shot knights, I wanna two shot maa’s

• Blunt weapons are designed to target knights and vanguards, not men at arms and archers, that’s why there might be differences in usage versus certain classes. Also descriptions aren’t matching current weapons’ stats (like damage) so don’t relay on them much.

• @Ho_BoY:

@BB:

It will be able to two shot Knights in the head next beta.

I don’t wanna two shot knights, I wanna two shot maa’s

Too bad. You’re gonna two shot Knights and you’re gonna like it.

• Agreed!

• Hehe, but yeah, as Holy.Death said, blunt weapons are designed to work as Can Openers.

Blunt weapons are for MaA to laugh at and Knights to quake in fear at.

• 1% blunt resist reduction is not enough to make the flanged mace 2-hit a knight.

Flanged Mace overhead could definitely use a buff, though. Same damage as the slash but slower - makes no sense for most weapons, but even less for a mace which will be depending on its weight to inflict damage.

• Ehh? Flanged, weak? You best be kidding, knave.

• @SlyGoat:

1% blunt resist reduction is not enough to make the flanged mace 2-hit a knight.

Yes it is. Changing Knight blunt resist from .6 to .61 changes Flanged overhead from 49 to 50.

Oh fuck it’s actually only 49.5625
    Well jeez I guess the .1 increase in weakness really won’t do anything.

Why would you say:
    @SlyGoat:

So increasing knight blunt modifier to .61 makes a tiny difference in damage, but a big difference in potential hits to kill.

When absolutely no HTK were changed with this. Not even the Maul as you still need to give it a damage buff.

• Only if damage rounds to the nearest integer…. 49.5625 -> 50.

Is that how damage works in this game, Sly?

Martin’s table seems to think so (i.e. it considers >99.49 a 1-hit kill, >49.49 a 2-hit kill and >33.49 a 3-hit kill)

Edit: I think it does round up… I just tested the Javelin stab vs Archer torso.
    Theoretical damage: 55(base) * 0.9(archer pierce resist) = 49.5
    Actual hits to kill = 2
    Therefore, Actual damage = 50

So that should mean 61% blunt resist would in fact allow 2-hit kill Flanged Mace vs Knight on double-headshot.

• By all means, buff my favourite weapon to make it even more powerful but…

It doesnt need it, not in the slightest.

• What it needs is a reason to overhead as opposed to just horizontal, and the stab windup needs to be slowed to 0.35…. because having a stab the speed of a dagger stab is crazy sauce.

• Having rethought -

I sort of agree that 2 hitting knights with at headshots, with at least one overhead headshot, could be a good move for the weapon as currently there is no reason to overhead. I think that if there was any other way of making the overhead useful, it should be done over adding the ability to two hit, though.

And I do obviously, actually love the idea of two hitting knights with the flanged mace.

Yet I do worry about this two hitting ability. If you can two hit a knight fairly easily with a flanged mace, where does that leave a slower, shorter weapon like the warhammer? Its suddenly utterly obsolete, would require changes to rebalance it to be used - and surely create more work?

I hate the warhammer, and rarely use it. Its just so slow. I care nothing for it, personally. But do you see my point?

• I don’t understand why it would 2 shot knights. Because people are going to cry “OP, OP!” an it will just get nerfed again :. Where as all other weapons can 2 shot maa’s except for a select few. Even if it could 2 shot knights to the head, it wouldn’t be as desirable as the war axe.

• Well the Warhammer’s strength is that it only needs one headshot (either horizontal or overhead), followed by one torso shot to kill.

One headshot is a lot more frequent and reliable to pull off than two headshots.

Plus the Warhammer reliably 2-shots MaA and Vanguards without any need for headshots, so that’s another strength it has over the mace.

• @Dibbz:

Well the Warhammer’s strength is that it only needs one headshot, followed by a torso shot to kill.

One headshot is a lot more frequent and reliable to pull off than two headshots.

No offence intended - this statement is absolutely, totally wrong.

In terms of 1h weapons, the warhammers strength is that it is CAPABLE of two shotting a knight period, whether it can do it with a body shot as one of the two hits is practically irrelevent if the flanged mace is buffed.

Why? With a flanged mace, headshots are NOT all that hard to land. With a slow, clumsy warhammer its harder - yes, but headshots overall with a realtime swing system are not difficult for an intermediate player, especially with a lovely quick flanged mace.

It takes two LMB headshots to kill a vanguard. To illustrate my point of how easy it is to headshot, I cannot remember the last time i failed to two shot a vanguard with a flanged mace - its certainly not often.

You can 3 shot a knight with the mace so, so quickly already. Reducing it to 2 hits will result in knights being absolutely wasted in mere seconds by the weapon. I cannot stress this enough.

On the point about the warhammer 2 shotting MAAs - sure, it 2 hits them on paper, but have you ever tried to kill a half decent MAA with a warhammer? Its certainly not a good idea. Its like trying to hit them with a maul.

• We round damage to the nearest integer. 99.49 will deal 99 damage, 99.5 will deal 100 damage. So yeah, the Flanged would be able to 2 hit Knights, which I disagree with.

• It will also be able to combo with a grandmace and 2 shot a knight without making any overhead shots.

As well as many other weapons.

• @Martin:

We round damage to the nearest integer. 99.49 will deal 99 damage, 99.5 will deal 100 damage. So yeah, the Flanged would be able to 2 hit Knights, which I disagree with.

I disagree aswell. I think just make it a bit faster. I know it already has incredible combos but maybe increase, slightly, it’s release times so the time between the 1st and 2nd damaging attacks of a combo is the same but the length of the 1st and 2nd damaging attacks of a combo are shorter, in theory making the weapon combo faster.

excuse me if I worded that terribly