CU 1 Patch 2 Beta 4

• SURPRISE! We had a lucky star shine for us, thus we were able to get this beta out to you a DAY EARLY!
    throws confetti!

Here are the complete patch notes:

**Fixes:
    **-Projectile stickies should work again.
    -Assists now properly awarded to both teams.
    -Alt slash tracers for fists draw properly.
    -Projectile speed should no longer be influenced by framerate.

**Alterations:
    **-Special daze length from 1.5 seconds to 2.
    -Ranged weapons no longer flinch on hit (attack is canceled instead), and can now cancel attack at any time.
    -One-handed bastard swords withut a shield now ‘officially’ supported; 1 will toggle between one-handed and two-handed, 3 will toggle shield if equipped.
    -Vanguard sprint attack can now be rebound to a key other than mouse 1 to allow you to perform normal slash attacks with a sprint attack readied.

New experimental feint changes:
    -Attack grunt will play in the last 200 ms of windup - beyond this point attacks may not be feinted.
    -Combos can no longer be feinted.
    Stamina drain changes:
    -Stamina drain from parrying an attack is now locked between 8 and 25, from 7-35.
    -Stamina drain more consistently based on relative weapon weight rather than damage.
    -Less cases of minimum or maximum stamina drain outside of extreme circumstances like maul vs. dagger.

Chase boost changes:
    -Chase boost now only activates against an enemies with their backs turned.
    -Chase boost activates from further away.

Low stamina sounds updated:
    -A wheezing sound will loop when you’re under 30% stamina.
    -Out of stamina grunt plays when you try to perform an action you don’t have enough stamina for, rather than when you swing with 0 stamina.

Balance:
    -Vanguard weapons have more knockback, and sprint attacks have significantly more.
    -Dodge stamina cost back to 15 from 20.
    -No longer able to attack while dodging (or dodge while attacking).
    -Quarterstaff counts as a 1-handed weapon when calculating stamina cost for missed attacks.
    -Hunting knife reach extended by a further 20%.
    -Knight blunt resistance reduced by 1%.

Weapons:

! Falchion slash damage from SwingBlunt to Swing.
    ! Flanged Mace stab windup from .3 to .35.
    ! Holy Water stab windup from .3 to .35 and recovery from .4 to .5
    ! Hatchet stab windup from .3 to .35.
    ! Dane Axe overhead windup from .4 to .45
    ! Thrusting Dagger overhead damage from 45 to 50 and stab from 40 to 45
    ! Saber slash release from .4 to .375 combo from .6 to .575 and damage from 40 to 45
    ! Saber overhead windup from .45 to .4 release from .4 to .35 and damage from 45 to 55
    ! Saber stab windup from .4 to .45 and release from .4 to .35
    ! Maul slash windup from .7 to .65 and recovery from 1.2 to 1.1
    ! Maul overhead recovery from 1.2 to 1.1 and damage from 125 to 132
    ! Grand Mace slash damage from 90 to 80
    ! Grand Mace overhead windup from .5 to .55
    ! Double Axe slash combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 85 to 90
    ! Double Axe overhead combo from .8 to .7 and damage from 95 to 115
    ! Bearded Axe slash windup/release/recovery from .425/.55/.8 to .475/.45/.7
    ! Bearded Axe overhead windup/release/recovery from .425/.5/.8 to .5/.4/.7
    ! Longsword overhead windup/combo/release from .5/.65/.65 to .525/.7/.6
    ! Longsword slash combo from .65 to .7
    ! Sword of War slash release from .6 to .55 and combo from .65 to .675
    ! Sword of War overhead release from .6 to .55 and combo from .65 to .675
    ! Sword of War stab release from .35 to .4 and combo from .65 to .675
    ! Messer slash windup from .55 to .525 recovery from .9 to .8 and damage from 85 SwingBlunt to 99 Swing
    ! Messer overhead combo/release/recovery from .75/.65/.85 to .7/.6/.8
    ! Messer 1H slash release from .45 to .4 and damage from 70 SwingBlunt to 80 Swing
    ! Messer 1H overhead combo from .75 to .7
    ! Bardiche slash windup/combo/release from .55/.7/.65 to .6/.75/.6
    ! Bardiche overhead release from .7 to .6 and damage from SwingBlunt to Swing
    ! Bardiche stab windup from .65 to .5 and release from .5 to .4
    ! Javelin shield punch attacks windup/release/recovery all .35/.3/.5.
    ! Short spear stab windup/release/recovery from .45/.3/.55 to .4/.3/.5 and damage from 45 to 50
    ! Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .4/.3/.65 to .425/.325/.55 and damage from 55 to 60
    ! Heavy Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .5/.35/.7 to .45/.35/.6 and damage from 60 to 70
    ! Claymore slash windup/release from .5/.55 to .475/.4 and damage from 75 to 60
    ! Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .5/.65/.4 and damage from 85 to 70
    ! Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.65/.4 and damage from 70 to 65
    ! Spear slash windup/recovery from .6/.7 to .425/.625 and damage from 40 to 30
    ! Spear overhead recovery from .75 to .725
    ! Spear stab windup from .6 to .525, recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 60 to 55
    ! Fork slash windup/release/recovery from .5/.6/.7 to .4/.375/.6 and damage from 35 to 25
    ! Fork overhead recovery from .75 to .7
    ! Fork stab windup from .5 to .475 recovery from .725 to .65 and damage from 58 to 50
    ! Brandistock slash windup/release/recovery from .6/.6/.7 to .45/.45/.65
    ! Brandistock stab windup/release/recovery from .7/.4/.725 to .55/.35/.65 and damage from 60 to 65
    ! Flag slash windup/release/recovery from .7/.65/.8 to .5/.45/.7
    ! Flag overhead windup/release/recovery from .8/.55/.85 to .75/.5/.8 and damage from 58 to 70
    ! Flag stab windup/release/recovery from .75/.5/.825 to .6/.4/.65
    ! Flail slash windup from .55 to .5 release from .55 to .5 and damage from 55 to 60
    ! Flail overhead release from .55 to .4 and damage from 65 to 70
    ! Heavy Flail slash windup from .6 to .55 release from .6 to .55 and damage from 65 to 70
    ! Heavy Flail overhead release from .6 to .45 and damage from 70 to 75
    ! Flail Shield Punch windup from .45 to .375 and release from .35 to .325
    ! Quarterstaff slash windup from .425 to .4 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 40 to 45
    ! Quarterstaff overhead windup from .45 to .425 combo from .65 to .6 and damage from 45 to 50
    ! Quarterstaff stab damage from 40 to 45
    ! Polehammer slash damage from 70 to 80
    ! Polehammer overhead damage from 75 to 110
    ! Polehammer stab damage from 65 to 70
    ! Sling reload from 1 to .75
    ! Pebble minimum windup from .5 to .3
    ! Pebble minimum damage from 25 to 30
    ! Pebble max damage from 45 to 50
    ! Lead ball minimum windup from .7 to .6
    ! Lead ball max damage from 55 to 70
    ! Longbow movement speed when drawn from 60% to 75%
    ! Shortbow movement speed when drawn from 75% to 90%
    ! Crossbow projectile speed from 7500-8000 to 8500-9000
    ! Crossbow reload from 3.5 to 3
    ! Light Crossbow projectile speed from 7000-7500 to 8000-8500
    ! Light Crossbow reload from 2.5 to 2
    ! Heavy Crossbow projectile speed from 8500-9000 to 9500-10000
    ! Heavy Crossbow reload from 4.5 to 4

• Kimi, will you marry me?

• I just got the beta downloaded, and I can’t join any server atm, but I tested out a few of my favourite weapons and I have to say… What are you doing?

You totally ruined the claymore, 41% damage and 67% speed? Are you crazy!? Claymore was the perfect weapon in my opinion, nothing was wrong with it, it was powerful, but small and vanguard doesn’t really have that much advantages so its arsenal was its best thing about it.

• The very first fix litaraly made my mouth open wide with happyness. :o

• @aRRON:

You totally ruined the claymore

Does look that way, it is now a long, slow, 2handed version of the broadsword. It was my opinion that in live it has little to no advantage over the Greatsword and now it just looks horrible

@Kimiko:

Polehammer slash damage from 70 to 80
    Polehammer overhead damage from 75 to 110
    Polehammer stab damage from 65 to 70

This is going to be fun

• Claymore was the perfect weapon in my opinion, nothing was wrong with it, it was powerful, but small and vanguard doesn’t really have that much advantages so its arsenal was its best thing about it.

The claymore was liitle better than - excuse my french - a big pile of smelly monkey balls.

There was literally no reason to use it when you had sword knights who had only slight cuts in speed and range, no cut in damage and 50% more hp.

• On second thoughts, after using the claymore in a few duels on beta I have to say this shit is fast as lightning, I was basing my ideas off the log changes, could be a viable weapon :o

• @aRRON:

On second thoughts, after using the claymore in a few duels on beta I have to say this shit is fast as lightning, I was basing my ideas off the log changes, could be a viable weapon :o

I tested it too, very fast now. Don’t really get what was wrong with it to begin with but what ever. :roll:

• Aw yeah, Staff buff.

• @Josh:

@aRRON:

You totally ruined the claymore

Does look that way, it is now a long, slow, 2handed version of the broadsword. It was my opinion that in live it has little to no advantage over the Greatsword and now it just looks horrible

Ha, I severely underestimated the effect of those release speeds, the new claymore is hilarious

• Damage nerfs on the claymore for the tiny bit of extra speed is not good, it’s a broadsword but longer.
    If a vanguard main weapon cant 1hit an archer with an overhead, on the head that’s a sign of a pretty shit weapon.
    It was perfectly fine before, if you want to give it a more noticeable speed advantage over the greatsword do so, but don’t nerf it’s damage into oblivion.

• @Alyx:

It was perfectly fine before

It was, but that doesn’t mean it was interesting. It was basically just a shorter slightly faster Greatsword.

• @BB:

It was, but that doesn’t mean it was interesting. It was basically just a shorter slightly faster Greatsword.

And now it’s a slightly longer broadsword. It doesn’t make it more interesting, it just makes it worse.

• There is no way the claymore was intented to be like it is in that beta, it’s just super fast, faster than broad and norse lol, combo are just super fast, this cannot go live the weapon is just a joke here, so easy to take out maa with.

• Hmm seem to have lost fists post end of game.

Edit: hmm didnt come up after stoneshill after killing the king but did on citadel first stage.

Edit2: Then a time one person has weapon and everyone else on fists.

• I would like Claymore how it is if the combo times were upped. It gives an interesting new feel to the weapon. Every class should have a weapon that has an ok windup, very fast release and slow combo time. Each strike comes out very fast, but there’s a pause between strikes as you readjust/change your grip and whatnot.

It’s a nice contrast to the current 2Hers which are by and large slow swings; decelerating a swing makes that even more obvious, where a sword moving 5 inches per second does fatal damage. That is how the combat system is and I’d like to keep it, but having an option to pick a sword that behaves more like a real blade, with a windup and then a nice fast slashing motion, would be nice.

• Claymore vs Fork was interesting. Both very fast, but the Claymore is much scarier when that speedy thing is coming at you. The fork, you just don’t know what hit you… ;)

• Maul 1hit killing anything, combined with a stun time preventing it being blocked feels so wrong. Against opponents who can’t dodge, it seems if you block consistently you win, with no other skills necessary.

I feel the polehammer being able to 2 hit any class is ridiculous when the stab animation has almost the range of the spear overhead and the polehammer can combo. Stabbing an opponent in their release without being hit yourself (not too hard with the stab attack reach) means they will probably die

Also, I have experienced people grunting even when they feint and people not grunting when they don’t feint, so I have a feeling that isn’t working too well

• Love the changes to feint and dodges! I can finally play MaA fairly!

Most of the weapon changes are good, and I’m hoping for more of them in the future!

• I’m drooling

<3 TB