Server Browser stalling, almost unusable

• I’m looking for similar threads and am surprised to not find more people complaining about the server browser, is this an issue only for some?
    Upon starting the game and clicking “join game” the browser returns a large list of servers. Clicking any other tab: history/favourites or refresh will almost always result in the browser stalling. It still says “retrieving servers”, but nothing happens.
    This bug makes so many other bugs of the browser ridiculously frustrating. Filter settings REFUSE to save unless the browser sucessfully retrieves a server list with the new filter settings, once putting a currently full server in favourites to refresh it when waiting for a spot to open up is near on impossible as refreshing almost always results in a stall.

I spent a good 15 minutes today quiting and re-starting the game trying to join a server my brother was playing on. As much as i love this game, this is really killing it for me.

to sum up the problems as i see them:
    1. server browser stalls for no reason
    2. the game will not even attempt to connect to a server if it’s full, just displays the message “this server is full”
    3. filter options refuse to save, seemingly until the browser finally sees and lists some servers.
    4. even when the browser does retrieve a large list of servers, it often doesn’t display one server i know of that is online, and is close (30ms), how many more is it not displaying?

It’s been a problem since i started playing 2 weeks ago
    It’s not my PC, brother has the same issues
    The alternate java server browser posted on this forum does not work for me, it detects my location (brisbane australia) but only returns overseas servers.

Any advice or word on when this might be fixed?

• i cant join any sever the game doesnt even try to load any for me ive been restarting game and comp all day hoping it will fix its self.

• The filters on the browser is bugged in the live game, but fixed in beta (which will be moved to the live game in the next week or two).

I find that if I load up all the servers first, then click on history or friends, I have no issues. The browser doesn’t like it when you over refresh, then it either locks up or crashes. So letting everything load up first seems to do the trick.

Most people aren’t having the browser issues that they had in the past, so I’m trying to see what’s going on with you. If a server is showing as full, then you will get that message. You have to refresh again though, in order to see if someone had left and for it to be able to let you join (yes this is annoying and hopefully will be fixed).

Not sure why certain servers aren’t showing for you. In the past, it only listed the first 250 servers, but after an update, it was fixed so that all servers would show up. Are you able to login to them via console?

@koez1:

i cant join any sever the game doesnt even try to load any for me ive been restarting game and comp all day hoping it will fix its self.

koez1 - Are you opted into beta? If not, have you messed with the filters at all? Make sure they aren’t defaulting to 3rd person, if so you’ll have to reset the filters and then save for them to take effect.

• Hey Kimiko, thanks for the reply and the tips!<br />It’s good to hear that they’ve looked at this and that a patch is imminent.<br />I was unaware that you could even join a server via console, but i’ve got a list of IP addresses for the servers i play on, so if the browser bugs out it’ll be easy to connect that way until we see the problems fixed.<br />If anybody else is interested, the command is: open <ip address>:<port #><br /><br />That’s great, thanks :)

• <small>@defecat0r:</small><br><blockquote>Hey Kimiko, thanks for the reply and the tips!<br />It’s good to hear that they’ve looked at this and that a patch is imminent.<br />I was unaware that you could even join a server via console, but i’ve got a list of IP addresses for the servers i play on, so if the browser bugs out it’ll be easy to connect that way until we see the problems fixed.<br />If anybody else is interested, the command is: open <ip address>:<port #><br /><br />That’s great, thanks :)</blockquote><br />No problem!<br /><br />Also if you need to join a passworded server for some reason and you happen to know the password, it’s:<br /><br />open 123.2.123.1:2222?password=hello<br /><br />(Obviously change the ip and port to the proper one and the real password ^_^)