Parrying

• Just three quick examples. Are the parries still bugged from time to time or did I mess them up? If I messed them up, are they supposed to be so easy to mess up? Pings were good.

[youtubehd:1ae5mehc]r0IznluKcuI[/youtubehd:1ae5mehc]

• Well, the only thing I am sure you messed up is the second maul overhead strike: you parried too early and then the maul hit you.
    But all the other death still don´t make sense to me and I get killed by this parrying bullshit A LOT !
    Overheads have to be always blocked early because if you wait to long if he feints or not, you´ll get hit, all overheads are almost instant. But that SoW overhead seemed fine, I don´t get why the parry failed.
    And the stab….meeeh…I have over 450 hours played and I still get killed by stabs that are close. I noticed that to block a close-up stab you have to look down A LOT! But it´s not consistent…

• @funthomass:

Well, the only thing I am sure you messed up is the second maul overhead strike: you parried too early and then the maul hit you.

Yes, that was a panic parry after the first hit :D But still, where does he hit me? On my toes?

• @fvonb:

@funthomass:

Well, the only thing I am sure you messed up is the second maul overhead strike: you parried too early and then the maul hit you.

Yes, that was a panic parry after the first hit :D But still, where does he hit me? On my toes?

Arm/shoulder it looks like. First maul hit you needed to block further to the right. Sword of War you needed to block further to the left. Saber hit was probably a little late.

All of these blocks you’re essentially blocking center-mass vs your opponent. They’re pretty close and you’d probably get the parry if you were strafing towards the hit. You tend to move away and backwards, which is good for giving you time to turn your parry by delaying the hit a little, but also makes it so you have to turn more since you’re leaving that side more open. Stepping towards the blow puts you more face-to-face with the opponent and makes it so you have to turn your mouse less.

• That saber stab looked like he stabbed and turned it into your side. You needed to aim further left. SoW overhead was the same thing, you needed to aim it more to the left. The first maul swing probably should have been parried.

• You know what I like? That nobody in this topic knows shit and all their answers are just wild hypotheses.

IMHO:

1st hammer strike - succesful parry, no idea why it failed

2nd hammer strike - obvious miss, no idea how it even hit you (you mentioned your toes - you must have exceptionally long toes)

sword strike - succesful parry, no idea why it failed (the guy is to your right cutting overhead to you left, there is no way he could hit you around)

sabre strike - succesful parry, no idea why it failed (as mentioned, you need to aim lower much more at close distance, no idea why, these attacks always get me too)

• The first maul hit should have been blocked, the second one hit because your parry ended. You needed to block more to the left for SoW. The saber went ‘around’ you and was dragged in (a little), so you needed to block more to the left and down.

• Two of them you blocked too late.

The maul looked totally messed up and I don’t understand why it hit you.

Alt overheads are always very dodgy to block I find.

• Yep those are all very familiar occurrences. :(

Pisses me off when this type of thing happens especially when other people are still parrying my hits while not even facing me. Why do I have to be perfectly aimed at the tip if other people get 360º parries? Bah!