Another day…

• I was not doing to well this afternoon on the FFAs, then there came this guy, who was using all the known exploits / mechanics: feints, OH lookdowns, mouse-dragging…got killed by him about 6 times, then hit my desk hard with my hands and ragequit…that´s when you know you need to take a break!!!

:)

• ITS JUST ANOTHER DAY DO DO DO DO DO DO
    ITS JUST ANOTHER DAY DO DO DO DO DO DO
    ITS JUST ANOTHER DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

what was the name of the person by the way?

• @funthomass:

I was not doing to well this afternoon on the FFAs, then there came this guy, who was using all the known exploits / mechanics: feints, OH lookdowns, mouse-dragging…got killed by him about 6 times, then hit my desk hard with my hands and ragequit…that´s when you know you need to take a break!!!

• @funthomass:

I was not doing to well this afternoon on the FFAs, then there came this guy, who was using all the known exploits / mechanics: feints, OH lookdowns, mouse-dragging…got killed by him about 6 times, then hit my desk hard with my hands and ragequit…that´s when you know you need to take a break!!!

All of which are advertised mechanics of the game.

QQ

• When i took this game seriously and thought it might some day be truly competitive, I’d sometimes get mad at the wonky mechanics and ragequit like you OP.

Like drags, where it looks like the weapon is coming at you then it jerks back, because the opponent waited till just before release to look fully up.

Unblockable feints, ghosts, desynchs

But then i realized the devs didn’t want to make a competitive game, they wanted an easy to pick up casual slasher.

So i bought some real competitive games (CS:GO and DOTA2) and now just play chiv for casual lmbspam fun. If you took chiv less seriously you’d have more fun with it.

• @funthomass:

Just chill bros
    @aRRON:

C’est la vie
    @akazi:

It’s cool man

@NoVaLombardia:

L2PNOOB!
    @JCash:

I wish I could …

• I actually prefer lookdown overheads and dragging to not being able to run properly and superfast combos in the beta. The lookdown overheads are slower than overhead combospam in the beta, is what it feels like.

• @Xylvion:

I actually prefer lookdown overheads and dragging to not being able to run properly and superfast combos in the beta. The lookdown overheads are slower than overhead combospam in the beta, is what it feels like.

Yeah that is probably going to make the already nerfed halberd even slower…. yeah…

But yes, I have those days when my vid card starts to overheat, fps drops, noobs just LMB spamming me… time for a beer.

• @JCash:

When i took this game seriously and thought it might some day be truly competitive, I’d sometimes get mad at the wonky mechanics and ragequit like you OP.

Like drags, where it looks like the weapon is coming at you then it jerks back, because the opponent waited till just before release to look fully up.

Cool so other people have noticed this. Was playing against WaveOfBabies the other day and his overhead attack would consistently fall about a second behind what his animation would imply. Effectively bypassing my block plenty of times when it appeared a clear block. I figured it was lag, but no, 50ms on his side and 70-80ms on mine.

Turns out he was just dragging his overhead up at the last moment which was literally undetectable on my client. The only way I was able to block it was to time my blocks late, which of course left me wide open to a lookdown.

• @Slight:

@JCash:

When i took this game seriously and thought it might some day be truly competitive, I’d sometimes get mad at the wonky mechanics and ragequit like you OP.

Cool so other people have noticed this. Was playing against WaveOfBabies the other day and his overhead attack would consistently fall about a second behind what his animation would imply. Effectively bypassing my block plenty of times when it appeared a clear block. I figured it was lag, but no, 50ms on his side and 70-80ms on mine.

Turns out he was just dragging his overhead up at the last moment which was literally undetectable on my client. The only way I was able to block it was to time my blocks late, which of course left me wide open to a lookdown.

It’s about to the point that if I’m fighting a vanguard I choose vanguard myself. You can be as good at parrying as you want, but there are things that happen with those slow weapons that I throw into the same category as a feint (a gamble, and I’m not a gambling man with low health). I’d like to say I’m not complaining about them, but that I believe it’s dangerous to be within hitting range of a vanguard if you can’t strike him first or at least at the same time. I believe it’s all beat-able but you must adapt your strategy.

I believe it’s a gamble because I think there are some real server/lag issues that can easily cause two different players to see two different moments of time. The dragged zwei overhead swing kind of bounces all over the place when I play, I often can’t tell when it’s going to hit a lot of the time.

Please keep in mind this is also an issue I believe the devs are trying to fix. As I understand it (which might not be completely correct) they’re going to keep total swing time the same but attempt to make it harder to mouse drag by slowing the windups and increasing the releases. This should give the draggers less time to do their dirty business. I’m hoping this makes it so that 3 second vanguard zwei swings are a thing of the past.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@funthomass:

All of which are advertised mechanics of the game.

QQ

actually the devs have said overhead lookdown is not intended, nor decelerated attacks via mouse dragging, and fixes are coming

• @Krellus:

actually the devs have said overhead lookdown is not intended, nor decelerated attacks via mouse dragging, and fixes are coming

Seriously? How they gonna get rid of mouse drags? It’s a basic mechanic. Will your mouse get locked in one position during a swing or what?

• @Sir:

@Krellus:

Seriously? How they gonna get rid of mouse drags? It’s a basic mechanic. Will your mouse get locked in one position during a swing or what?

The issue is leaning, not any kind of dragging. leaning back and leaning forward, they could limit that kind of articulation during windup/swinging.

• @Sir:

@Krellus:

I think i read somewhere here that they won’t lock the mouse, but heavily slow down the mousespeed while releasing an attack.

• @NIB:

@Sir:

@Krellus:

I think i read somewhere here that they won’t lock the mouse, but heavily slow down the mousespeed while releasing an attack.

I hope they adjust this per weapon class instead of across the board because of the difference in weapon attack speeds. Halberd is already hard enough to turn in as you attack…

• Another day, another dawn. Another Keisha, nice to meet ya, get the math and I’m gone.

• slower gameplay does not make this game any better.
    nerf after nerf after nerf, sighs.

• Sometimes when I have no school/things to do, I’ll play for like 10 hours, or more. Then after a while, I’ll get on a bad streak and just ALT+F4.
    I think it’s good to take a break now and then.

• @WARSAW:

slower gameplay does not make this game any better.
    nerf after nerf after nerf, sighs.

Comments like this make it so easy to pick out who makes use of these exploits.