For the Love of all that's holy….

• SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW…

Was just in a server with a few lower level folks ( between 0 and 10 ) when a 40 comes along and starts the standard slaughter including myself as I’m typing away trying to explain to the newer folks how the map works and to block the weapon and not the player, how to combo ( other than lmb spam ) etc…

I am by NO MEANS am an exceptional player, I have my good games and really crappy ones ( I blame the beer ) but when I join a server occupied by obviously newer players the first thing I ask is… " have you seen this map in it’s entirety? if not then I do what I can to show them IE. help them move to the next phase. Why if you are a 40 plus level player would you not share what you know?? Ego to fragile?? If everyone knew how to dance / combo / feint / parry , Parry / counter and all this techno babble crap they would no longer be called exploits and simply be the norm…

I guess it just baffles me why you would want to crush a new player when they are the guarantee of the games future …

As a side note I was lucky enough to play with a clan member who took the time to explain to me game mechanics that I could not find on the forums. That was a truly refreshing considering the somewhat “snobbish” attitude taken by some of the “clan” members I have seen in this forum.

And yes NOVA I did a search but didn’t see anything relevant…

/vent off…
    Canadian
    Chilliwack BC

• Of course there will always be some arrogant people who just like to proclaim they’re better than everyone, and sit on that mighty golden throne in the sky, slaughtering all those who come near, we also have…

viewforum.php?f=85

So far we have SIXTY topics in that section of people doing just this, sharing what they know. Warms my heart quite a bit that people would take their own time to help others learn, become stronger players, and a better challenge to them on the battlefield.

/salute to all those who posted there. Especially Hexen and others who piss about creating and editing videos too.

• It is what it is. Some people are jerks, some are not.

I always have the greatest fun joining some obscure server with a bunch of lowbies and parrying only while saying no. Then giving tips on what they are doing wrong.

Some people like to teach, some people like to be an asshole. Each to their own.

• Yes thank you Bob, I am aware of that thread and it was not the point of my post. thanks though for pointing folks in that direction if they were unaware of it.

Greg.
    Still love your sig… Mind you that grumpy looking second one spoils the mood. ;o)

• @Canadian:

Greg.
    Still love your sig… Mind you that grumpy looking second one spoils the mood. ;o)

She is giving a look at the dancing.

• Oh, but it is bloody fun to chop all the beginners to bits isnt it? I try to be nice, but i think ‘tough love’ works best. Cackle. Revenge taken on all the innocents. Catharsis for the frustrated rage stemming from all the level 30+ players that hacked MY tiny body to shreds mercilessly before I got a bit better. No mercy for me, none for the rest!

Maybe I ought to change my ways. Its hard when your instant reaction is to be a turd. :(

Greg, id actually rage if some guy was just running around parrying all my clumsy attacks while taunting ‘no’. I’d genuinely prefer it if I felt the guy was taking me seriously tbh! Just saying.

• ah, im glad that the random topless male is gone from your sig, that was truly unsettling. :)

• She is giving a look at the dancing.

OMG… LOL k now that makes sense… Still that sour puss has got to go… ;)

• @Triumphant:

ah, im glad that the random topless male is gone from your sig, that was truly unsettling. :)

It was to appease the girls and some guys.

• @gregcau:

@Triumphant:

ah, im glad that the random topless male is gone from your sig, that was truly unsettling. :)

SlyGoat appreciated it while it lasted.

• I always try to help people who ask for help.

Also,

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14144

I just updated that thread with a couple more scenarios.

• @ChuckingIt:

@gregcau:

@Triumphant:

SlyGoat appreciated it while it lasted.

ehhhh ehehehehehehehehe

And fuck equality, the girls can appease themselves with the satisfaction of producing a well made sandwich.

• Hmm, guess it depends on what mood I am in, if I am on my own server and what we are working on. For example: on noob free weekends, I would go into my open FFA duel 1v1 server and find it full of noobs FFAing. Once I got in, it would take me about 2-3 map rotations of explainations to get the noobs to figure out how to salute and respect the 1v1 rules. Once they got the idea they freaking loved just focusing on one at a time and yet could watch what others were doing.

On several other occasions where I am the sole 40 player in a server full of noobs, after about3 rounds of them all bitching and calling me hacker, I would finally speak up and ask those that wanted to learn some tips to meet me at one far side of a map. Then I would teach them things like using the 3 different types of duck and combo parry stuff. Just basic stuff to get them up a few levels. With in 10 mins, I had the entire server in class watching me and learning. It is kind of cool to get that kind of attention and control over a server and watch the noobs get better in an instant once they learn a few tips.

But there are times, when I want to warm up, or just take out my frustrations out, I will hop in an FFA and sometimes with a few clan mates, empty the server as all the noobs tend to rage quit. SO it is a little of both, depending on the mood and if we are on our servers.

• Hmm, guess it depends on what mood I am in, if I am on my own server and what we are working on. For example: on noob free weekends, I would go into my open FFA duel 1v1 server and find it full of noobs FFAing. Once I got in, it would take me about 2-3 map rotations of explainations to get the noobs to figure out how to salute and respect the 1v1 rules. Once they got the idea they freaking loved just focusing on one at a time and yet could watch what others were doing.

On several other occasions where I am the sole 40 player in a server full of noobs, after about3 rounds of them all bitching and calling me hacker, I would finally speak up and ask those that wanted to learn some tips to meet me at one far side of a map. Then I would teach them things like using the 3 different types of duck and combo parry stuff. Just basic stuff to get them up a few levels. With in 10 mins, I had the entire server in class watching me and learning. It is kind of cool to get that kind of attention and control over a server and watch the noobs get better in an instant once they learn a few tips.

But there are times, when I want to warm up, or just take out my frustrations out, I will hop in an FFA and sometimes with a few clan mates, empty the server as all the noobs tend to rage quit. SO it is a little of both, depending on the mood and if we are on our servers

I completely understand, I just feel that anyone above 40 is an ambassador to the game for newer folks. Mind you…… If you are trying to show them something and they consistently whack you while you are typing… Then they must simply DIE… REPEATABLY …

• ehhhh ehehehehehehehehe

And fuck equality, the girls can appease themselves with the satisfaction of producing a well made sandwich.

thought I posted this already but not showing.

Anyway, I’m not sure if you’re married but the above is a sure way to get killed in your sleep. ;)

Nova,
    damn handy link thanks for the post. You should do some vids like HEXEN does, much easier to understand when you can see it.
    Canadian.

• There is very little skill in this game, higher level matches are all just luck. All they are doing is abusing bugs, just play the game casually its pointless to get good at this sloppy mess of a game.

• Panzerlang? Is that you? I’ve missed you!

• I answer any question posed and dispel any myths discussed in chat, but I am not here to baby every player. I have found that no one really wants to hear it even if it’s completely factual, so I limit teaching to those who ask the questions first.

• @Daiyuki:

I have found that no one really wants to hear it even if it’s completely factual, so I limit teaching to those who ask the questions first.

This.

@Triumphant:

Panzerlang? Is that you? I’ve missed you!

Nope. He hasn’t made an arcade reference.

• my folly brother. I just keep jumping at every ‘doorbell’ yknow? I just wish he was here again.

… sigh. The place is empty without him.