[ALPHA RELEASE v1.2.0] Mana Warfare

• @Knil:

Thanks everyone for your support, I wanted to announce the Mana Warfare will be releasing its alpha version this weekend, that anyone can download and play. This is a great milestone for the project and it wouldn’t have been possible without certain team members. Check the credits on the main page for the entire list, but big shout out to User for his great work on all the particle effects and sounds. Also to my Kiwi for dealing with me working all the time and helping out with the 2d art and testing ;).

@Mockingbirch:

While it looks pretty cool, I’m worried that the spells you have now are insanely overpowered compared to the 4 original classes.

As I have said in the main post “Balance will be carefully considered for Wizard so it is in line with the other classes.” We have been play testing on the team but the best way to see balance is to open it up to a wider audience, which we are doing this weekend 8-)

Good to hear, looking forward to this mod, it’s the coolest one I’ve seen so far!

• Mod

@Mockingbirch:

While it looks pretty cool, I’m worried that the spells you have now are insanely overpowered compared to the 4 original classes.

On playtests we always make sure to get some gameplay tested with people playing the regular classes. At the moment I feel that the casters are just equally deadly as the other classes which is great imo. so like Knil said, we make sure to keep them in check balance wise. There were some crazy spell ideas before which we decided not to try, involving shrinking and enlarging players or hailing down meteors :P

• It may have been stated somewhere. But how many spells can a wizard equip at one time per loadout? Or does he get all 5 always?

• @ChuckingIt:

It may have been stated somewhere. But how many spells can a wizard equip at one time per loadout? Or does he get all 5 always?

You just get one element at one time, so it’s just like playing a Vanguard brandistock setup. When you want to switch to fire, you just hit the magical M key.

• You choose one element in the ammunition selection window. This gives you access to the elements regular and alt spell (left click for regular spell and left click + alt for alt cast) .

• @Knil:

You choose one element in the ammunition selection window. This gives you access to the elements regular and alt spell (left click for regular spell and left click + alt for alt cast) .

So you can hot swap spells out on the battlefield with an ammo crate huh. That’d be sweet if a little something on the armor would change to indicate which spell they had. So you can spot out healers if you want to focus on them, or call out the fire mage who is flanking. This is turning out pretty cool though. Healer class ftw! I’m always the medic or healer type class in action/shooter games.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Knil:

You choose one element in the ammunition selection window. This gives you access to the elements regular and alt spell (left click for regular spell and left click + alt for alt cast) .

So you can hot swap spells out on the battlefield with an ammo crate huh. That’d be sweet if a little something on the armor would change to indicate which spell they had. So you can spot out healers if you want to focus on them, or call out the fire mage who is flanking. This is turning out pretty cool though. Healer class ftw! I’m always the medic or healer type class in action/shooter games.

Yeah, something like… they have a necklace with some stone that glows in the element’s colour, or their wizard staff has something to represent their element.

• aZJZK6rzjns

Wizards HAVE to somehow look like that.

• So I played this for like 8 hours last night and I love it! These are just some things I want to tell you.

-Healing Mist heals enemies
    -Earth Spike doesn’t block projectiles/magic abilities. I believe it’s supposed to?
    -I know Thunderbolt is supposed to supposed to deal big damage and be hard to aim, but I think it should have a little bit more of a range.

Now for some ideas. I think each spec should have a 3rd ability! I’ve thought about this a lot and I think you guys will like it.

All of these 3rd abilities would cost the same mana as your lmb cast

-Void Volley
    This ability would shoot 3 smaller Void Balls that would do less damage individually, but in a shotgun like clump it would do a lot of damage. The balls would start out clumped together then spread out as they bounce around.

-Earth Wall
    Have a wall of Earth Spikes come out of the ground, maybe 3 wide? The Earth Wall would last for maybe 10 seconds and could be used as portable cover.

-Fire Wall
    A wall of fire would come out of the ground which would be the same size in width as Earth Wall and would last for maybe 6-8 seconds.

-Tsunami
    A wave of water would rush out from the ground in front of the mage. It would get smaller and heal less as it travels further and dissipates. This would be a rather large instant heal. Maybe 20-25 health, but if you are hit/healed with the Tsunami you will be dazed/slowed for a short amount of time. The daze would affect allies and enemies.

-Current
    A channeled ability that would daze the enemy while doing minimal damage at the start of the cast, but doing progressively more over the time the current is hitting somebody.

I hoped you guys like these ideas for a 3rd ability :D

• Looks awesome! Would love to take magic to the next level and use the elements to summon minions (AI) from the ground ;)

Very nice work!

• Chivalry: Mana Warfare Alpha is now available to the public! If you are a fan of spells and wizardry, then this mod to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is for you! Zap your enemy with Thunderbolt, poison a group with Dark Fog, launch your adversary with Tidal Wave, burn your foe with a Fireball and stun your rivals with the Earthquake. No matter which element you choose, you will find entertainment, laughter, and a whole lot of fun.

[youtubehd:1h9qkvbf]VLlPPZIqIhE[/youtubehd:1h9qkvbf]

DOWNLOAD v1.0.1

Installation:

! Unzip the MW folder directly into:
    ! Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedSDK
    !
    ! If you do not have a CookedSDK folder than create one.
    !
    ! Then it’s as simple as starting up and joining a Mana Warfare server. It will have that in the server name.
    !
    ! Troubleshoot:
    ! Make sure you are opted into none for your Chivalry beta properties.
    ! Still not working? Watch this youtube video on installing mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR-Hw6gAhJ8

Anyone that wants to host the mod let me know and I’ll type up some instructions on that.

• Can verify that this mod is fun. Wizard needs buffs though and shortsword needs nerfs.

• Does any class besides jav archers have spells? Not gonna lie. That video looked like Chivalry: jav warfare.

• @DDR:

Does any class besides jav archers have spells? Not gonna lie. That video looked like Chivalry: jav warfare.

It isn’t a jav. it’s a staff that uses javelin animations. So… yes… a class other than jav archers have spells. Jav archers don’t have spells tho :P

• Got a new version out now to fix a couple issues encountered by you guys.

-TO Scoreboard properly tracks kills now
    -Earth Spike doesn’t get stuck under the ground
    -Slightly increase the AOE of alt lightning

Unfortunately TO is the only game that is going to properly work atm, but atleast the best game mode is working :P

DOWNLOAD v1.0.1

• @Tree0ctopus:

So I played this for like 8 hours last night and I love it! These are just some things I want to tell you.

-Healing Mist heals enemies
    Intended
    -Earth Spike doesn’t block projectiles/magic abilities. I believe it’s supposed to?
    Fixed
    -I know Thunderbolt is supposed to supposed to deal big damage and be hard to aim, but I think it should have a little bit more of a range.
    I have increased the AOE on this spell to make it easier to hit with.

Now for some ideas. I think each spec should have a 3rd ability! I’ve thought about this a lot and I think you guys will like it.

All of these 3rd abilities would cost the same mana as your lmb cast

-Void Volley
    This ability would shoot 3 smaller Void Balls that would do less damage individually, but in a shotgun like clump it would do a lot of damage. The balls would start out clumped together then spread out as they bounce around.

-Earth Wall
    Have a wall of Earth Spikes come out of the ground, maybe 3 wide? The Earth Wall would last for maybe 10 seconds and could be used as portable cover.

-Fire Wall
    A wall of fire would come out of the ground which would be the same size in width as Earth Wall and would last for maybe 6-8 seconds.

-Tsunami
    A wave of water would rush out from the ground in front of the mage. It would get smaller and heal less as it travels further and dissipates. This would be a rather large instant heal. Maybe 20-25 health, but if you are hit/healed with the Tsunami you will be dazed/slowed for a short amount of time. The daze would affect allies and enemies.

-Current
    A channeled ability that would daze the enemy while doing minimal damage at the start of the cast, but doing progressively more over the time the current is hitting somebody.

I hoped you guys like these ideas for a 3rd ability :D

Interesting spell ideas, but I’m only going to have 2 spell at a time to cut down on hotkey spam. New spells will be on new weapons. I’ll keep these in mind when I start work on the 2h staff :P

• Interesting spell ideas, but I’m only going to have 2 spell at a time to cut down on hotkey spam. New spells will be on new weapons. I’ll keep these in mind when I start work on the 2h staff :P

Speaking of a 2h staff, the diff weps should have different abilities.

-2h Staff
    Deals more damage, has a slower cast time, and maybe costs more mana.

-Wand
    Deals less damage, has a faster cast time, and costs less mana.

• Kinda similar to what I’m going for but if I was going to do a wand.

2h Staff:
    Big, slow, high damage, aoe

1h Staff Shield:
    Defensive, Moderate speed, low damge, Mixed

Wand:
    Precise, Fast, little AOE, medium damage

Btw some people have been requesting a spreadsheet on current spell values:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77

Note: some of these values differ than the current live version, this is my local version.

• Hey,

I’m not really familiar with beta… I just installed it with your mod.
    But I don’t seem to find any server with “Mana warfare”.

Any tip?

• @Blackleader:

Hey,

I’m not really familiar with beta… I just installed it with your mod.
    But I don’t seem to find any server with “Mana warfare”.

Any tip?

Not there for me either :(