[ALPHA RELEASE v1.2.0] Mana Warfare

• aZJZK6rzjns

Wizards HAVE to somehow look like that.

• So I played this for like 8 hours last night and I love it! These are just some things I want to tell you.

-Healing Mist heals enemies
    -Earth Spike doesn’t block projectiles/magic abilities. I believe it’s supposed to?
    -I know Thunderbolt is supposed to supposed to deal big damage and be hard to aim, but I think it should have a little bit more of a range.

Now for some ideas. I think each spec should have a 3rd ability! I’ve thought about this a lot and I think you guys will like it.

All of these 3rd abilities would cost the same mana as your lmb cast

-Void Volley
    This ability would shoot 3 smaller Void Balls that would do less damage individually, but in a shotgun like clump it would do a lot of damage. The balls would start out clumped together then spread out as they bounce around.

-Earth Wall
    Have a wall of Earth Spikes come out of the ground, maybe 3 wide? The Earth Wall would last for maybe 10 seconds and could be used as portable cover.

-Fire Wall
    A wall of fire would come out of the ground which would be the same size in width as Earth Wall and would last for maybe 6-8 seconds.

-Tsunami
    A wave of water would rush out from the ground in front of the mage. It would get smaller and heal less as it travels further and dissipates. This would be a rather large instant heal. Maybe 20-25 health, but if you are hit/healed with the Tsunami you will be dazed/slowed for a short amount of time. The daze would affect allies and enemies.

-Current
    A channeled ability that would daze the enemy while doing minimal damage at the start of the cast, but doing progressively more over the time the current is hitting somebody.

I hoped you guys like these ideas for a 3rd ability :D

• Looks awesome! Would love to take magic to the next level and use the elements to summon minions (AI) from the ground ;)

Very nice work!

• Chivalry: Mana Warfare Alpha is now available to the public! If you are a fan of spells and wizardry, then this mod to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is for you! Zap your enemy with Thunderbolt, poison a group with Dark Fog, launch your adversary with Tidal Wave, burn your foe with a Fireball and stun your rivals with the Earthquake. No matter which element you choose, you will find entertainment, laughter, and a whole lot of fun.

[youtubehd:1h9qkvbf]VLlPPZIqIhE[/youtubehd:1h9qkvbf]

DOWNLOAD v1.0.1

Installation:

! Unzip the MW folder directly into:
    ! Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedSDK
    !
    ! If you do not have a CookedSDK folder than create one.
    !
    ! Then it’s as simple as starting up and joining a Mana Warfare server. It will have that in the server name.
    !
    ! Troubleshoot:
    ! Make sure you are opted into none for your Chivalry beta properties.
    ! Still not working? Watch this youtube video on installing mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR-Hw6gAhJ8

Anyone that wants to host the mod let me know and I’ll type up some instructions on that.

• Can verify that this mod is fun. Wizard needs buffs though and shortsword needs nerfs.

• Does any class besides jav archers have spells? Not gonna lie. That video looked like Chivalry: jav warfare.

• @DDR:

Does any class besides jav archers have spells? Not gonna lie. That video looked like Chivalry: jav warfare.

It isn’t a jav. it’s a staff that uses javelin animations. So… yes… a class other than jav archers have spells. Jav archers don’t have spells tho :P

• Got a new version out now to fix a couple issues encountered by you guys.

-TO Scoreboard properly tracks kills now
    -Earth Spike doesn’t get stuck under the ground
    -Slightly increase the AOE of alt lightning

Unfortunately TO is the only game that is going to properly work atm, but atleast the best game mode is working :P

DOWNLOAD v1.0.1

• @Tree0ctopus:

So I played this for like 8 hours last night and I love it! These are just some things I want to tell you.

-Healing Mist heals enemies
    Intended
    -Earth Spike doesn’t block projectiles/magic abilities. I believe it’s supposed to?
    Fixed
    -I know Thunderbolt is supposed to supposed to deal big damage and be hard to aim, but I think it should have a little bit more of a range.
    I have increased the AOE on this spell to make it easier to hit with.

Now for some ideas. I think each spec should have a 3rd ability! I’ve thought about this a lot and I think you guys will like it.

All of these 3rd abilities would cost the same mana as your lmb cast

-Void Volley
    This ability would shoot 3 smaller Void Balls that would do less damage individually, but in a shotgun like clump it would do a lot of damage. The balls would start out clumped together then spread out as they bounce around.

-Earth Wall
    Have a wall of Earth Spikes come out of the ground, maybe 3 wide? The Earth Wall would last for maybe 10 seconds and could be used as portable cover.

-Fire Wall
    A wall of fire would come out of the ground which would be the same size in width as Earth Wall and would last for maybe 6-8 seconds.

-Tsunami
    A wave of water would rush out from the ground in front of the mage. It would get smaller and heal less as it travels further and dissipates. This would be a rather large instant heal. Maybe 20-25 health, but if you are hit/healed with the Tsunami you will be dazed/slowed for a short amount of time. The daze would affect allies and enemies.

-Current
    A channeled ability that would daze the enemy while doing minimal damage at the start of the cast, but doing progressively more over the time the current is hitting somebody.

I hoped you guys like these ideas for a 3rd ability :D

Interesting spell ideas, but I’m only going to have 2 spell at a time to cut down on hotkey spam. New spells will be on new weapons. I’ll keep these in mind when I start work on the 2h staff :P

• Interesting spell ideas, but I’m only going to have 2 spell at a time to cut down on hotkey spam. New spells will be on new weapons. I’ll keep these in mind when I start work on the 2h staff :P

Speaking of a 2h staff, the diff weps should have different abilities.

-2h Staff
    Deals more damage, has a slower cast time, and maybe costs more mana.

-Wand
    Deals less damage, has a faster cast time, and costs less mana.

• Kinda similar to what I’m going for but if I was going to do a wand.

2h Staff:
    Big, slow, high damage, aoe

1h Staff Shield:
    Defensive, Moderate speed, low damge, Mixed

Wand:
    Precise, Fast, little AOE, medium damage

Btw some people have been requesting a spreadsheet on current spell values:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77

Note: some of these values differ than the current live version, this is my local version.

• Hey,

I’m not really familiar with beta… I just installed it with your mod.
    But I don’t seem to find any server with “Mana warfare”.

Any tip?

• @Blackleader:

Hey,

Any tip?

Not there for me either :(

• @Blackleader:

Hey,

Any tip?

You’re probably either too far away for the server to show up, or the server’s inactive in between tests.

• Is there anyway I can host a server? I really want to try this, but the servers aren’t up all the time. I just need the Dedicated server commands to start the mod, not too sure how to do that part.

• Hey sorry guys I’ve been in pax this past week but I will get the server up tomorrow when I’m back. I’ll also do a write up on how to host a mana warfare server. Going to start work on the 2h staff as well so hopefully I can get that out to you guys pretty soon, thanks.

• @Knil:

Hey sorry guys I’ve been in pax this past week but I will get the server up tomorrow when I’m back. I’ll also do a write up on how to host a mana warfare server. Going to start work on the 2h staff as well so hopefully I can get that out to you guys pretty soon, thanks.

Tomorrow??? I want to try it now !

• Server is back up and I’m working on the the 2h staff right now.

• So I unzipped it so I have

UDKGame\CookedSDK\MW

but nothing came up - should the MW folder not be there?

• Nothing came up? Did you open up your beta and check the server browser? If you still have the issue I’d suggest watching the video I have linked in the troubleshoot.