This might sound dumb

• So I’m new to this game bought it just today. I did the training and all worked well, until I got to the multiplayer servers. My name changed to Player639, I ignored it then when I killed someone I instantly got to rank 36 and that weapon’s slots were unlocked. It got me the rank achievements too, so I got mad at that. I asked the players what was happening and they even said they don’t know. Please help I don’t want my experience with this game to be ruined.

• I’m sure it reset back. Just in case anyone sees this with the same problem. It is a little big that fixes itself after changing servers or reconnecting. As far as the player thing, that should be fixed by closing the game and restarting it.

• Yes well…the player thing is still there even if I do reset it and play it again, and the rank is still there too. I even gave it some time but the weapons are still unlockable thank god. I uninstalled it and re-installed it nothing happened only changed some graphics.

• @Arma555:

So I’m new to this game bought it just today. I did the training and all worked well, until I got to the multiplayer servers. My name changed to Player639, I ignored it then when I killed someone I instantly got to rank 36 and that weapon’s slots were unlocked. It got me the rank achievements too, so I got mad at that. I asked the players what was happening and they even said they don’t know. Please help I don’t want my experience with this game to be ruined.

Your name changes to Player639 or any variant of numbers when you have an “illegal” character in your name that UDK doesn’t like. So just remove any odd character and your name will show up.

As for the unlocks, usually when you rejoin the game or the map changes, it will reset to what it once was before. If it happens to have stuck to that and all your unlocks remained, there is nothing we can do about that, unfortunately :/