Limit for feints?

• Could not limited feints? For example, A player has a supply of 5 feints. If the player has 5 feints used it can not use more feints, until he dies and respawns.

• Have you heard of stamina?

They are nerfing feints next patch. In fact play the better and you can see.

• Nerfing the feint mechanism is not necessary at all. If you play against players who use feint quite often, you will find a way of avoiding or countering it. For example: If you fall for a feint and the guy do a regular swing, just duck or take the hit and learn that the guy you’re fighting uses feints.

To counter it is way easier, parry just before the weapon hits you. If he even manage to do a feint, you’ll have enough time to parry again. But to have a limit for feint is rather pointless. They’ll need to add a limit for jumps, limit for crouches, limit for dodges and add a timer for sprint if that were to be implemented. Lemonator47 is correct, feint uses quite a good amount of stamina so it’s not a big deal.

• Oh crap, a thread with “feint” in the title, this will be locked as soon as a mod sees it!

• @lemonater47:

Have you heard of stamina?

Lemonater……bro…

Must you always carry such a snobby/arrogant tone? Ease up a bit you silly kiwi.

• @Ready:

@lemonater47:

Have you heard of stamina?

Lemonater……bro…

Must you always carry such a snobby/arrogant tone? Ease up a bit you silly kiwi.

Yes becuase you can hear tone from text.

When someone reads text its the reader who puts the tone to the text. So your just reading what I write wrong and taking it the wrong way.

• @Unther:

Nerfing the feint mechanism is not necessary at all. If you play against players who use feint quite often, you will find a way of avoiding or countering it. For example: If you fall for a feint and the guy do a regular swing, just duck or take the hit and learn that the guy you’re fighting uses feints.

To counter it is way easier, parry just before the weapon hits you. If he even manage to do a feint, you’ll have enough time to parry again. But to have a limit for feint is rather pointless. They’ll need to add a limit for jumps, limit for crouches, limit for dodges and add a timer for sprint if that were to be implemented. Lemonator47 is correct, feint uses quite a good amount of stamina so it’s not a big deal.

“Learn from feints”
    You cant. Its not a mechanic you can forsee.
    You cant learn something thats based on pure RNG. That doesnt work.
    He may feint now, but he may never again.
    That good player is known to play without feints, but he just feinted right now. Etc…
    The ducking is an option to save yourself. But 98% of the time it will hit you regardless

• @Unther:

Nerfing the feint mechanism is not necessary at all. If you play against players who use feint quite often, you will find a way of avoiding or countering it.

I agree to a certain extent. One handers are my big gripe right now. Certain classes with certain weapons have the ability to madly feint, hit, feint, hit, feint, feint, hit with blinding speed. This is a problem in my book, but the problem is compounded by things like facehugging, weird parry areas (also usually attributed to facehugging), and some latency issues. I know facehugging is being worked out, as well as some weapons getting balanced again (and some of these weapons I’m hoping are the ones I’m seeing used this way).

The normal “just be ready for it” doesn’t really apply here because I don’t think those guys know when they’re going to feint or parry either, they appear to just blindly hit the right mouse and left mouse buttons rapidly- and they can do this with these certain weapons in a very efficient manner that often times beats your internet in how fast it can register what’s going on. You can’t back away from them because they’re faster, and if it’s an MAA then he can dodge right into you and keep it going. The only option is… well, hope one of your frantic parries works.

All I’m saying is if you think you can counter any feint attacker I’d like to fight with a falchion or norse sword at facehugging range and see how you handle it. Not a challenge, an honest plea. I’m not particularly good with one handers or faster classes, so it really isn’t a challenge.

But limiting feints is not a viable option in my opinion.