Player types?

• I’ve played for at least 100 hours in this game, and many different types of players have appeared in the server I join. Many of them are regular gamers but there’s at least 4 particular one that I think deserves to be mentioned. I was going to post this on the Steam Discussions, but instead I posted here because why not? Here’s the types of players I’ve played against with.

Keep in mind, I have no idea where this thread should particularly go so I’m placing it in General Discussion.

Ragers - These are the players who are TOO competitive and if they lose or pretty much die a lot, they will leave the game. Often they will place a message before leaving such as “Eat my shorts” or something way more obscene and insulting.

Play to have Fun - These players play just to have some good ol’ dismemberment and gore fun. They don’t give a crap if they die a lot, they just want to have fun by doing whatever. Punchin’ left and right, trying some Call of Duty by throwing axes or knives across the map, or just being plain silly.

1337 h4x0r - These are the players that are so, OH so good at this game that they manage to hit someone without facing them** (Insert player "47 " here). Some players will call them hackers because they’re quite unbeatable.

Complainer - Not to be confused with Ragers! These types of players pretty much complain about bugs, their latency, player’s skill and insult the (Insert weapon here) when they get killed by it too many times…… over and OVER again. Some of them will often insult someone’s ability to kill and their way to do so. Example : Here comes “Player name here” to finish everyone off!

Regular gamers and Newbies - Nothing to say. Name says it all.

… I’m pretty much of a mix myself. I’m a regular gamer that likes to have fun, but also complain when I get killed of my own stupidity. Here’s a question for ye guys : What kind of players have you seen and which type are you?

Again, I apologize if this thread was already made and/or it’s in the wrong section. I searched and couldn’t find any topic related to this one.

• There may be a couple types missing.

• @NoVaLombardia:

There may be a couple types missing.

You probably didn’t read the whole post. That’s the reason why I said “What kind of players have you seen?” so people can point out more types of players.

• Classy Morse Code Crouchspam Communicating Gentlemen that are in Dire Need of Assistance - I’m going to die I need heeEeeEEeEelp!

@Unther:

These are the players that are so, OH so good at this game that they manage to hit someone without looking directly at them

What. But…you DON’T need to look directly at people to hit them. It’s quite EASY to hit people without looking at them. It can be BENEFICIAL to not look at someone when trying to hit them. There are topics DEDICATED to complaining about how overpowered not looking at people is. Have you REALLY played 100 hours of this game?

• @DemonicChocobo:

What. But…you DON’T need to look directly at people to hit them. It’s quite EASY to hit people without looking at them. It can be BENEFICIAL to not look at someone when trying to hit them. There are topics DEDICATED to complaining about how overpowered not looking at people is. Have you REALLY played 100 hours of this game?

Well… I fixed the post. What I meant was that they’re able to kill someone without facing them. AKA with their back turned.

…Nobody still hasn’t answered my questions.

• Professional TKer.

Between catapult and fire pots they can commit mass murder while remaining at 0% team damage.

• Sometimes play seriously and go for a high K/D or do the objective by my self. When it works and i’m on a 60-15 K/D or i did the objective almost entirely by myself on a busy server i guess i’m a h4x0r. When i try to play seriously and it doesn’t work and i keep getting shot down by archers as soon as i poke my head out of spawn i rage like a bull.

Sometimes i play this game after consuming mind-altering substances and just goof around and have a lol.

But i dont bother complaining about this weapon or that exploit, or accuse people of hacking. It’s so pointless.

• @gregcau:

Professional TKer.

Between catapult and fire pots they can commit mass murder while remaining at 0% team damage.

They’re also called vanguards.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@gregcau:

Professional TKer.

Vanguards aren’t pro, their team damage shows, hes talking about ppl who use seige weapons and fire pots who can keep on teamkilling while their team damage doesn’t go up

• @Ready:

@NoVaLombardia:

@gregcau:

Professional TKer.

Vanguards aren’t pro, their team damage shows, hes talking about ppl who use seige weapons and fire pots who can keep on teamkilling while their team damage doesn’t go up

My bad… i meant MANguards.

• The Ranger: Enjoys using bows and is a very good shot. These are the archers you want, they are also capable melee players.

The Kiter: Will not engage in lengthy combat, often swinging once as they pass you. They expect you to give chase and will often begin their windup then turn to hit you with release.

The Turtle: They often go shield knight and will attempt to parry/block any attack thrown at them without throwing their own attacks, unless the enemy isn’t looking.

The Jack of All Trades: These people are adept at all classes, playing each at a fairly skillful level. You never know what class they will play.

The Master: This player has focused his play with one class and often picks the best weapon available for it. They are extremely good at that class and will prove difficult to kill.

The Thief: A skilled player at sticking people when they aren’t looking. They will often hang around a battle and jump in for the last hit, stealing it. They often choose MAA for the quick dodge and tag. They can also be seen sporting a shortbow.

The Moron: A player that baffles you with such poor gameplay that they somehow hit you with the most simple of attacks.

The Lager: People who specifically play with a high ping 150-300ms to capitalize on the limitations of the game engine’s animation system. They can be devastating in combat, using their powers of teleportation and hitting during windup. They very often have poor defense for the same reason they have strong attacks.

• @Toll:

The Lager: People who specifically play with a high ping 150-300ms to capitalize on the limitations of the game engine’s animation system. They can be devastating in combat, using their powers of teleportation and hitting during windup. They very often have poor defense for the same reason they have strong attacks.

The Lager has a bitter after-taste to it too.

• I used to a bit of ‘‘L33t Haxor’’ kind of type when i was more competitive, but nowadays im pretty much only ‘‘Play to have fun’’ type :)

• Ahh yes, The Lager.

His real reason for a high ping is because he spilled it on his modem!

• To me there are two kinds of players

1. Bads (generally rank<40)
    2. Good players (generally rank > 40)

and thats the only distinction I make.

• Moderator: Joins game briefly to check if any Hackers or Abusers happen to be running a muck, then leaves shortly after a quick peak.

• I am the type that always shouts in team chat “BREAK THE FCKING LOCKS” or “PUSH THE FCKING CART”.

• @JCash:

To me there are two kinds of players

1. Bads (generally rank<40)
    2. Good players (generally rank > 40)

and thats the only distinction I make.

but we have seen you play, I guess every rule is made to be broken.

where does panzerlang fit?

• Archer slayer - Exists purely to make sure archers don’t exist.

I’d say this category would be where I fit in most.

• The Feintspammer: A mythical creature capable of feinting thirteen times in a row, no known counter has been devised. In rare cases, they only feint eleven or twelve times, but don’t get your hopes up