Battlefront 3

• +1

• battlefront more like battlefield amirite

• Well, battlefield with stormtroopers, AT-ATs and Hoth - which makes it infinitely more excellent. Literally shrieked when I saw the video on E3. SHRIEKED. I still play battlefront 2, its just great.

• I am nerd raging hard…. I have put hundreds of hours(yes) on split screen play in that BF2! I can not even wait. I’d buy a stupid Xbox One if that game was exclusive to that console, just to play that one single game! I <3 Battlefront!!!

• @ChuckingIt:

I am nerd raging hard…. I have put hundreds of hours(yes) on split screen play in that BF2! I can not even wait. I’d buy a stupid Xbox One if that game was exclusive to that console, just to play that one single game! I <3 Battlefront!!!

Dice is a more PC focused developer. They want to make it look good and play well.

Even with the new consoles you can only play BF4 in 720 on the Xbox one and PS4. Haven’t confirmed the amount of players but there will probably be 64 on the consoles. The specs on them can handle that.

They just want it to run at the 60FPS cap. So they took the resolution down. Probably a few other graphical things reduced. Its silly really as the majority of people’s TVs have a refresh rate of 30Hz. Though I suppose that will change over time.

But I want battlefront 3 with the frostbite 3 engine. EA looks like they can redeem themselves from the simcity fiasco maxis got them into and EA couldn’t handle.

Its coming for PC. And its gonna be amazing.

Though don’t be surprised if they announce its gonna use something like battlelog.

• @lemonater47:

Dice is a more PC focused developer. They want to make it look good and play well.

Even with the new consoles you can only play BF4 in 720 on the Xbox one and PS4. Haven’t confirmed the amount of players but there will probably be 64 on the consoles. The specs on them can handle that.

They just want it to run at the 60FPS cap. So they took the resolution down. Probably a few other graphical things reduced. Its silly really as the majority of people’s TVs have a refresh rate of 30Hz. Though I suppose that will change over time.

But I want battlefront 3 with the frostbite 3 engine. EA looks like they can redeem themselves from the simcity fiasco maxis got them into and EA couldn’t handle.

Its coming for PC. And its gonna be amazing.

Though don’t be surprised if they announce its gonna use something like battlelog.

Yeah I’m expecting it to be on PC for those reasons. I was just letting you know how die hard I am. That I would willing to buy that piece of garbage Xbone just to play it.

• The Xbox one is getting so much negative flak. The only real bad thing is that its $100 more expensive. It does come with a kinect but it should be that much more expensive.

Spec wise the only difference is the graphics on a PS4 bench at just below a 7850 and ok Xbox one they bench around a 7770. And that only becuase all the RAM is the playstation is graphics RAM. The Xbox has normal RAM.

RAM wise they perform the same. PS3 may have Faster RAM than the xbox’s RAM. But the XBox has a bigger which mitigates RAM usage and its normal RAM instead of RAM made for graphics cards. So really the Ps4 will onl have a RAM advantage if a game uses per 7GB. But what game does?

CPU wise they are almost identical.

And the PS3 had better specs than the normal Xbox 360. was there any difference on performance between games? No.

Spec wise they are similar. Don’t buy a console based on specs.

Online only for the Xbox one? Who cares. Most people don’t. If they do it right people won’t care. As it stands we don’t know how its gonna be done.

The real problem is its price. If it was $20 more expensive then that would be perfectly acceptable. And the Xbox one comes with a kinect. But $100 more expensive? That’s not good. But what I find hilarious is hat Sony actually tricked Microsoft into putting its price that high. There were plenty of rumours as to what the PS4 price was thought to be. Xbox would have seen those rumours and set its price based on it. Then PS4 comes out with a cheap price no one expected. That’s brilliant. Trick your competitor.

You should buy a console based on what games you want and what your freinds are getting. Not the specs. Also good to consider price. There is all those forza and halo fans out there. And just the normal Xbox fanbois. They need to take their price down very soon. Or hope that their dedicated fans stay loyal. Really when you look at it realistically instead of from the nasty point of view that don’t put into people’s head the Xbox one isn’t that bad.

Wow that’s a wall of text.

Battlefront 3 whoooo.

• Well the DRM’s, the inability to borrow games without paying extra fee, the always on Kinetic microphone, the high price, the damn subscription fee to play online, the lack of mods which are common place for PC, and the fact of knowing you are supporting such a restricting POS also doesn’t sit well with me. All that is deserving of bad rep.

• I feel dumber each day I read about console war stuff. Keep this thread about Battlefront 3. If you want to talk about next-gen consoles make a new thread.

• @ChuckingIt:

Well the DRM’s, the inability to borrow games without paying extra fee, the always on Kinetic microphone, the high price, the damn subscription fee to play online, the lack of mods which are common place for PC, and the fact of knowing you are supporting such a restricting POS also doesn’t sit well with me. All that is deserving of bad rep.

And DRM is a reaction to piracy. I don’t blame them for trying to protect their games. Most people play online only games. And we have a constant Internet connection. So it doesn’t matter realistically.

And did you not listen to the PS4 conference. Sony has decided that an online subcription fee is a good idea and they too are gonna have it. They just announced it in the middle of shaming Xbox. So as little people as possible will hear it. But believe me they have one.

So all in all PC is better.

Battlefront 3

Yeah.

• I don’t like PS4 either :o

• from seeing the BF4 multiplayer gameplay with the collapsing highway and building and shit, I must admit I’ll be a little upset if battlefront doesnt live up to that epicness of the newest frostbite engine.

Course it’ll still be awesome cus its star wars, but yknow.

• @Triumphant:

from seeing the BF4 multiplayer gameplay with the collapsing highway and building and shit, I must admit I’ll be a little upset if battlefront doesnt live up to that epicness of the newest frostbite engine.

Course it’ll still be awesome cus its star wars, but yknow.

Battlefront has usually had more open battlefields. But I want to see it in space battles.

• Hopefully Dice does a good job with the game and doesn’t make it a re-skinned Battlefield, even though they claim that would be “boring.”

• @zivax:

Hopefully Dice does a good job with the game and doesn’t make it a re-skinned Battlefield, even though they claim that would be “boring.”

I didn’t find Star Wars battlefront 2 much different to battlefield 2 in the first place. Gameplay wise.

• Developer

@lemonater47:

@zivax:

Hopefully Dice does a good job with the game and doesn’t make it a re-skinned Battlefield, even though they claim that would be “boring.”

I didn’t find Star Wars battlefront 2 much different to battlefield 2 in the first place. Gameplay wise.

I have no idea what games you were playing, but I assume they weren’t Battlefield 2 and Battlefront 2.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

@lemonater47:

@zivax:

I have no idea what games you were playing, but I assume they weren’t Battlefield 2 and Battlefront 2.

Shoot the things capture the points drive the vehicles.

Just one had light sabres.

• @lemonater47:

Shoot the things capture the points drive the vehicles.

Just one had light sabres.

The pace, the gun play, the map layouts, the vehicle handling, and overall flow of the games felt completely different.