Loading custom map on public server

• Hello, i made my own map to run on my dedicated server host. i added the map to my cookedpcconsole folder and my Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini file. but i cant download the map from chivalry PLEASE HELP!

• Developer

There is no in-game downloading functionality at this time. Both client and server need to have the same mod packages.

• :(

• Are you planning to have it auto-download maps? That’s kinda a required feature IMHO.

• Developer

We’re still thinking about different ways of approaching that, but there will be some sort of download functionality. In-game Steam Workshop and/or HTTP download and/or web link and/or direct download functionality are all possibilities. It’s obviously not in the game yet; like I’ve said before, we wanted to get this out as quickly as possible, even though all the functionality isn’t quite complete.

• i know this is off topic but can we get a MOTD plz? :}

• @CrustaceanSoup:

We’re still thinking about different ways of approaching that, but there will be some sort of download functionality. In-game Steam Workshop and/or HTTP download and/or web link and/or direct download functionality are all possibilities. It’s obviously not in the game yet; like I’ve said before, we wanted to get this out as quickly as possible, even though all the functionality isn’t quite complete.

Yeah, I understand. It is good for the mappers and modders to get a headstart. I just think people would be expecting to auto-download maps, as that is what most other games do. Mods are a different matter, and would perhaps be better suited for a redirection to the steam workshop or whatever.

• we need some sort of guide to this

• Developer

@CRUSHED:

we need some sort of guide to this

To what? You can’t do this with “live” app servers at this time, only with sdk servers. To do that:

Copy the mod package from your UDKGame\CookedSDK to the server’s UDKGame\CookedSDK. Run the server.

I can put that in the SDK documentation somewhere if it’s not clear.